Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
fergusontd

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by fergusontd »

edge213 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 am
fergusontd wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 pm ::hmm:: Don't get me wrong, but I totally support the 2nd. Amendment. These types of weapons namely assault style weapons have no purpose other than to kill. I'm old fashion I guess and prefer older more conventional style guns. To make BB and pellet guns to look like real ones is extremely dangerous especially when in the hands of children. Today's nerve frazzled LEO's see somone with this type of gun shoot first and ask questions later. I strongly believe that these types of weapons be made to be identified quickly as BB guns in order to keep a child from being shot. ftd
Not true.
I simply use mine for target shooting. I don't even hunt.
::hmm:: You seem to be responsible with your use of you gun. But what I was referring to was young children altering the looks to look real, at a distance to LEO's they look real and will respond sometimes with deadly force. The best example was a black child in Cleveland pointing a BB gun at police and being shot dead. These types of weapons need to be made to be distinguished from real weapons. This is my opnion and I'm sticking to it. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

fergusontd wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:02 pm
edge213 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 am
fergusontd wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 pm ::hmm:: Don't get me wrong, but I totally support the 2nd. Amendment. These types of weapons namely assault style weapons have no purpose other than to kill. I'm old fashion I guess and prefer older more conventional style guns. To make BB and pellet guns to look like real ones is extremely dangerous especially when in the hands of children. Today's nerve frazzled LEO's see somone with this type of gun shoot first and ask questions later. I strongly believe that these types of weapons be made to be identified quickly as BB guns in order to keep a child from being shot. ftd
Not true.
I simply use mine for target shooting. I don't even hunt.
::hmm:: You seem to be responsible with your use of you gun. But what I was referring to was young children altering the looks to look real, at a distance to LEO's they look real and will respond sometimes with deadly force. The best example was a black child in Cleveland pointing a BB gun at police and being shot dead. These types of weapons need to be made to be distinguished from real weapons. This is my opnion and I'm sticking to it. ftd
I totally agree with you about bb guns and toy guns. They should be made so they are easily distinguished from real guns.
I was referring to your comment about "assault rifles" are only made to kill.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

There were some Federal regulations concerning visual identification of toy guns several years back and then some of the states have also enacted rules concerning being able to identify a toy gun. I remember an article that mentioned how this could be good or bad. The bad guy could disguise a real firearm to resemble at toy and of course any toy could be also disguised for effect when a punk couldn't get his hands on a real one. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

So in other words... Humans will be humans ::shrug:: :roll: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Hit the wood today .22 plinking :D
Attachments
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Sure beats doing what I was doing today GD. Removed the mower deck and sharpened my mower blades. Managed to drop the darn thing on my left big toe. I think its still bleeding. :lol:

Revolvers and rifles, it doesn't get any better than that! ::tu::

Still seeing any ticks up your way?
steve99f
eveled

Post by eveled »

I picked this one up yesterday. 1967 Marlin 39a Golden
AA71B908-6A48-4DA9-AE03-001B88AA5FC2.jpeg
BBE0EF09-4924-43BF-A997-1C214E10C329.jpeg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Very nice! Congratulations. ::tu::
Treefarmer

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

eveled wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:30 am I picked this one up yesterday. 1967 Marlin 39a GoldenAA71B908-6A48-4DA9-AE03-001B88AA5FC2.jpegBBE0EF09-4924-43BF-A997-1C214E10C329.jpeg
Now we’re talking! I had my 1973 39M out in the backyard shooting with the boys the other day. Man I love those 39’s and yours is a looker for sure!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

garddogg56 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:07 pm Hit the wood today .22 plinking :D
Now that’s right up my alley! The boys and I love to plink. I used to have a model 60 but one of the boys got hold of it. lol. I need another one!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I like the 60 a lot Colonel BUT ya have too keep'em clean.I compete with her over my 10/22 and Henry.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Some good stuff fellers ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Y'all talkin' about the Marlin 60 reminded me of a trade I made back in the early 1980's. Some how I had traded for a Marlin 60, I think they were relatively new back then, for a Winchester 67 Boy's Rifle. I took a lot of ribbing because of that trade. Why would you trade an "automatic" for a single shot? Etc...The 60 was a great little rifle but the Boy's Rifle was a prize! One of my better trades. :)
Treefarmer

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:46 am Y'all talkin' about the Marlin 60 reminded me of a trade I made back in the early 1980's. Some how I had traded for a Marlin 60, I think they were relatively new back then, for a Winchester 67 Boy's Rifle. I took a lot of ribbing because of that trade. Why would you trade an "automatic" for a single shot? Etc...The 60 was a great little rifle but the Boy's Rifle was a prize! One of my better trades. :)
Treefarmer
Philip, I still have my 67 boy's rifle. I sold tomatoes door to door all one summer for a farmer from east Texas. The baskets of farm fresh tomatoes were .50 cents a basket and my commission was .05 cents. My dad's boss got a whole sale price for me and I paid $14.35. Never regretted it one time. I still enjoy shooting it.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Floyd, that is great! Have you checked the value of those rifles lately? I haven't fired mine in years.
Can't beat an old single shot .22 for teaching a youngster gun safety and developing rifle shooting skills. I suppose they are not "cool" anymore but they are real Winchesters. ::tu::
Treefarmer

OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:46 am Y'all talkin' about the Marlin 60 reminded me of a trade I made back in the early 1980's. Some how I had traded for a Marlin 60, I think they were relatively new back then, for a Winchester 67 Boy's Rifle. I took a lot of ribbing because of that trade. Why would you trade an "automatic" for a single shot? Etc...The 60 was a great little rifle but the Boy's Rifle was a prize! One of my better trades. :)
Treefarmer
If I remember correctly, the Marlin model 60 semiauto rim fire rifle was introduced in 1960. I think I have only ever owned one, but it was a great reliable rimfire.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I have an old Ward single shot I wonder who made them for Ward??
Attachments
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

I have an old Remington that looks an awful lot like that. It has a different style cocking knob though.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Very similar to my dads Winchester 67 also.
Bill
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A little change of pace. A little change of pace for those of you who carry concealed.

Shoot or don't shoot.
Six minute video.

Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Thanks Jerry. Very good visual.
Bill
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx guys ::handshake:: I'm leaning twords Winchester.It's all about reaction time Jerry ::tu::
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

I am enjoying this .22 discussion. I know there isn't much love for Remington on this forum, but here is my "go to" .22 a 552 from the mid 70s. It just feels right in my hands and has always performed well.
Below it are a couple of old single shots. Middle is an early Winchester 67 (they got away from nickel silver on the bolt by 1944) and on bottom is a Remington Targetmaster 41, years of manufacture were 1936-1939.
Attachments
20200909_204123.jpg
Ike
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:18 am I am enjoying this .22 discussion. I know there isn't much love for Remington on this forum, but here is my "go to" .22 a 552 from the mid 70s. It just feels right in my hands and has always performed well.
Below it are a couple of old single shots. Middle is an early Winchester 67 (they got away from nickel silver on the bolt by 1944) and on bottom is a Remington Targetmaster 41, years of manufacture were 1936-1939.
Looks like you have some great 22's, nothing more fun than plinking with a .22.
Ike, take me off your list of those who don't love Remingtons! Been hunting with Remington 700's since the late 60's. 1st it was 30-06 700 and then I switched over to .243 700. Prior to the 700's I had both a 742 and a 760 Remington, both in 30-06. We have a Remington 788 .243 my son used to kill his first deer as did one of our grandson's. We've got an old 870 20 ga., a model 700 50 cal. Muzzle loader and probably several more Remingtons stuck in the closet or in corner some where. :)
Talking about the Remingtons, gives me an opportunity to show off the boys pictures with the little Remington 788 .243:
My son, iron sights Remington 788 .243  (4th grade,I think)
My son, iron sights Remington 788 .243 (4th grade,I think)
Thanksgiving 2018, 12 days after Hurricane Michael, grandson with the same 788 only with a 3X9 Redfield 'scope.
Thanksgiving 2018, 12 days after Hurricane Michael, grandson with the same 788 only with a 3X9 Redfield 'scope.
Love our Remingtons along with the old Winchesters that never see the light of day.
Treefarmer

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 pm A little change of pace. A little change of pace for those of you who carry concealed.

Shoot or don't shoot.
Six minute video.

It's little wonder so many are leaving law enforcement. God help us!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”