Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by Mumbleypeg »

What a mess! They make it that complicated on purpose in hopes people will just give up cuz they're too confused to know what they can and can't own.

When I was in New York State a few years ago I asked the owner of a flea market and antiques store if he had any old pocket knives for sale. He replied that he used to sell a lot of pocket knives but the now the laws are so confusing that he gave up trying to keep track of what's legal. So he no longer buys any for resale. ::uc:: That was along the Hudson River Valley near Walden, of all places!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy »

This very gun on demolition ranch and the legalities explained
It would get you 5 years prison here in the UK :shock: Matt has it sussed he even phones Donald to check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y05LR8KHW5M
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here's another oldie-but-goodie classic. This Remington Model 12-C .22 caliber pump belonged to my dad who got it when he was about 12 years old. He just about wore it out. The brass cartridge cases sometimes split, causing them to stick during the ejection process. But it's still accurate as ever.

The other one in the bottom picture was my uncle's. It has a later serial number but otherwise is identical. It's not near as worn.

Ken
Attachments
PSX_20180419_133220.jpg
PSX_20180419_133821.jpg
PSX_20180419_133517.jpg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Ken those are treasures in more than one way.

I love old 22 rifles.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Those two are meant to be treasured.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Those just give me that warm 'fuzzy' feeling all over. What is it about old guns and old knives that cause that feeling???

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice Ken, I love old, family heritage guns and knives too. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I went turkey hunting for the first time yesterday, didn't get a gobbler, but this was as much a scouting trip as hunting trip - I know where to setup for my next hunt. I switched to this Browning Gold Hunter for this season, retired my old pump action 12 Ga turkey gun. I bought some Tru-Glo rifle sights that mount on the rib while I was in Fayetteville Tuesday, got them on and zeroed in - really effective. I decided to try out the new Buck 117 I bought back in January, but I gotta shoot a bird first - so it's still new. OH
Attachments
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

OH it looks like you're well equipped. Good luck with the hunt. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Old Hunter wrote:I went turkey hunting for the first time yesterday, didn't get a gobbler, but this was as much a scouting trip as hunting trip - I know where to setup for my next hunt. I switched to this Browning Gold Hunter for this season, retired my old pump action 12 Ga turkey gun. I bought some Tru-Glo rifle sights that mount on the rib while I was in Fayetteville Tuesday, got them on and zeroed in - really effective. I decided to try out the new Buck 117 I bought back in January, but I gotta shoot a bird first - so it's still new. OH
Nice set up. We see the before pictures look forward to the after ones. Good luck.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Good Luck OH! I used a hen decoy that swiveled and bobbed in the breeze last week when I got my gobbler. It seemed to work. A couple of hens came in and milled around under the feeder and around the decoy for about 10 minutes until a pair of Toms came out of the woods, puffing and strutting.

I used my Remington Versa Max with a full choke. I might put a red dot on it as some point, but it didn't seem to matter last week. :)
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Old Hunter wrote:I went turkey hunting for the first time yesterday, didn't get a gobbler, but this was as much a scouting trip as hunting trip - I know where to setup for my next hunt. I switched to this Browning Gold Hunter for this season, retired my old pump action 12 Ga turkey gun. I bought some Tru-Glo rifle sights that mount on the rib while I was in Fayetteville Tuesday, got them on and zeroed in - really effective. I decided to try out the new Buck 117 I bought back in January, but I gotta shoot a bird first - so it's still new. OH
Nice setup Bruce. Good luck with the hunt.

I am a one shotgun for all things that fly Hunter. Everyone does it differently and I respect that. I have a 12 gauge 3 inch Gold Hunter that does it all for me. Choke change if needed but usually just use same choke for different applications, just change up shot size of course.

Good luck with your hunt.

Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I love .22 pump rifles and those Remingtons are just great,

At one time when I was a boy or young man, I had a half dozen Winchester pumps, 62A's and 1891's, all of which had external hammers.

When I was away at college, Dad called and said someone was at the house looking at some stuff he had for sale and wanted to buy my rifles as well. I told him to sell them all, but one and made sure he understood which one I wanted to keep. It was the best of the lot, almost mint. I had paid twenty-eight dollars for it sometime in the 1950's. Beautiful little rifle still.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy »

The significance of air guns in the history of the USA
I found this fascinating after it was mentioned on a thread about air rifle hunting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

Added the Sig P238 for summer carry. 1911 owners are a bit.... obsessive! ::ds::
AirBrush_20180421191613.jpg
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Yehuda wrote:Added the Sig P238 for summer carry. 1911 owners are a bit.... obsessive! ::ds::
AirBrush_20180421191613.jpg
Fantastic looking stable there. I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II IWB as we speak. I like those dogs too.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

FYI, I just saw on Breitbart news this morning that YETTI, the maker of the coolers and cups so many of us love, had just notified the NRA Foundation that they are no longer going to do business with them. A guy at church sent me a statement from the NRA confirming it. Looks like another company going PC.

I bet it hurts them.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... foundation
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wade, I got that notification last night from the NRA and have already sent Yeti a nice note on their Customer Service e-mail. In the note I mentioned my opinion may not mean much to them and I also reminded them I am one of over 5 million NRA members that might feel as I do.
When we got home from church while ago, there was an e-mail from Yeti thanking me for "reaching out to Yeti. Business hours are thus and so and come Monday they would be getting back to me personally." :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

F - C- yetti and a few other non NRA business es :x ::lightening:: ::lightening:: ::lightening:: ::smack:: I had fun at the range this afternoon :D I burned up the last of the steel case junk also ::uc:: I wouldn't use that stuff if it were free...also them overseas yetti'$ WILL make great twenty five yard targets ::paranoid::
Attachments
IMG_20180422_142525165.jpg
IMG_20180422_143308027.jpg
IMG_20180422_134257296_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180422_155313751_HDR.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Colonel26 wrote:FYI, I just saw on Breitbart news this morning that YETTI, the maker of the coolers and cups so many of us love, had just notified the NRA Foundation that they are no longer going to do business with them. A guy at church sent me a statement from the NRA confirming it. Looks like another company going PC.

I bet it hurts them.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... foundation
Now yawl correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't YETI based in Austin, Tx? I think it is and if so that makes sense in that Austin is the most liberal city in Texas, by a long shot. They rank right up there with Portland and I hope it really hurts them.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

garddogg56 wrote:F - C- yetti and a few other non NRA business es :x ::lightening:: ::lightening:: ::lightening:: ::smack:: I had fun at the range this afternoon :D I burned up the last of the steel case junk also ::uc:: I wouldn't use that stuff if it were free...also them overseas yetti'$ WILL make great twenty five yard targets ::paranoid::
My guys at church this morning were ready to start a new Yetti challenge. They want to see just how many rounds they can shoot into a cooler before it disintegrates. They lost all the business from me and my buddies.

On a positive note, RTIC is the same kind of stuff, based in TX, and they are pro 2A. Here's a link to their page.

https://www.rticcoolers.com
Robert E. Lee
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanks for the link Colonel ::handshake:: I thought I saw china on one of my bottle at work ::shrug::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wade, the results of a "Yeti challenge" would be a great thing to put on social media with an explanation! I was always impressed with the coolers the fellers had that would keep ice for many days now I'll just keep using my old Igloo. :) (Hope they haven't gone PC on us and we don't know it.)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote:Wade, the results of a "Yeti challenge" would be a great thing to put on social media with an explanation! I was always impressed with the coolers the fellers had that would keep ice for many days now I'll just keep using my old Igloo. :) (Hope they haven't gone PC on us and we don't know it.)
Treefarmer
One of the guys at church who has several yeti things said the same thing this morning. He wants to video his new "Yetti Challenge" and put it up on youtube.
garddogg56 wrote:Thanks for the link Colonel ::handshake:: I thought I saw china on one of my bottle at work ::shrug::
I know on RTIC they say that their stuff is made in China, I always assumed that the Yetti stuff was too.
Robert E. Lee
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

I recently bought a clone at HEB, our local grocery, gas and whatever store. Less than half price and quality is at least equal, if not better. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”