Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Yehuda

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by Yehuda »

My wife got me this one, an Italian Tanfoglio EA380. First I've ever heard of the company but after researching, I discovered they have contracted with the Israeli and Italian military and used to make the earlier Berretas. Also, they are popular all over Europe for competition shooting. Very happy with it and it didn't break the bank.
AirBrush_20171122230533.jpg
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

And my Kimber micro 9.
AirBrush_20171124192135.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Two fine looking handguns Yehuda. ::tu::

I just recently added a new pocket pistol, the Ruger LCP. I thought it might come in handy to have a bit smaller and more concealable pistol on occasion. For some reason, this one caught my eye over the standard black model.
Attachments
LCP.png
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

philco wrote:Two fine looking handguns Yehuda. ::tu::

I just recently added a new pocket pistol, the Ruger LCP. I thought it might come in handy to have a bit smaller and more concealable pistol on occasion. For some reason, this one caught my eye over the standard black model.
My wife likes hers. It's a great pistol for the money. I've never been disappointed with a Ruger. Cool finish too!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I've shown this in the past but given the previous photos of minimalist modern semi-autos I thought this old timer would not be out of place. It is a Grendel .380. It had bounced around in an Arizona rancher's tool box for more than a couple of years. It has never malfunctioned despite my attempts to induce a failure. At suitable distances it has very good accuracy. Recoil impulse is sharp.
004.JPG
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Well, what the heck. Keeping with previous posts, here's a little Kel-Tec in 32 auto.
Attachments
DSCN9883.JPG
Joe
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Yehuda wrote:My wife got me this one, an Italian Tanfoglio EA380. First I've ever heard of the company but after researching, I discovered they have contracted with the Israeli and Italian military and used to make the earlier Berretas. Also, they are popular all over Europe for competition shooting. Very happy with it and it didn't break the bank.
A slick little unit like makes a great argument against my habit of EDCing a full-frame semiauto. It's a lethal work of art. ::tu:: Your wife has excellent taste in firearms!
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
Yehuda wrote:My wife got me this one, an Italian Tanfoglio EA380. First I've ever heard of the company but after researching, I discovered they have contracted with the Israeli and Italian military and used to make the earlier Berretas. Also, they are popular all over Europe for competition shooting. Very happy with it and it didn't break the bank.
A slick little unit like makes a great argument against my habit of EDCing a full-frame semiauto. It's a lethal work of art. ::tu:: Your wife has excellent taste in firearms!

Agreed Tony my friend. Fine firearm. I mix up my carries. Even carry two at times. Main and backup. Personally, I always gravitate back to my SIG P220 5inch DA/SA in 10mm with 2 spare mags. At just under 3 pounds loaded, not for everyone.
Just like the idea of 185 grain at 1300 or 1400 FPS if the situation calls for a firearm. Range or otherwise.

One on the left in the pic. Don’t mind carrying the other two either.

Jerry
Attachments
49A37C98-36A5-4D41-BDF5-40BD928540B5.jpeg
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

Great firearms everyone. Those Sigs are furious!

I finally mounted my rifles over the fireplace.
IMG_20171123_015326.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Yehuda wrote:Great firearms everyone. Those Sigs are furious!

IMG_20171123_015326.jpg
You would get along great with my buddy John. He's a guitar freak. I think at last count he has slightly in excess or 50. He's as bad about guitars as I am about knives. My hobby's cheaper. :mrgreen:

These are old pictures. The collection has grown since these pictures were taken.
Attachments
0321131402a.jpg
0321131403.jpg
0321131403a.jpg
0321131404.jpg
0321131404a.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

IMG_20171123_015326.jpg
Thanks Yehuda. Whole room looks awesome.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

jerryd6818 wrote:

IMG_20171123_015326.jpg
You would get along great with my buddy John. He's a guitar freak. I think at last count he has slightly in excess or 50. He's as bad about guitars as I am about knives. My hobby's cheaper. :mrgreen:

These are old pictures. The collection has grown since these pictures were taken.
Wow! That's an amazing haul! My father was a musician and guitar collector. At one point he had around thirty guitars. I have seven guitars and two bass guitars with no plans to acquire any more. I think I have what I need. We'll see!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Yehuda wrote: I have seven guitars and two bass guitars with no plans to acquire any more. I think I have what I need.
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

Riiiigght!!! Since when has "need" become relevant?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

You got me!!!!
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

My American Tactical sub compact 1911.
AirBrush_20171201184214.jpg
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I don't know anything about American Tactical but that is a great looking gun. ::tu::
Joe
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ditto the above. Have you fired it? What has been your experience with it, particularly regarding reliability? It is certainly a handsome gun.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

In keeping with the handgun theme of the last page - here is a Ruger Carbine in a good wheelgun cartridge, the 44 MAG. Been deer hunting with it lately. OH
Attachments
D0EC6901-8073-4CA1-9D36-9F8DC9BB2AD6.jpeg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

That Ruger is a great rifle OH
I wish I still had mine...

Camillus
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

That is a cool rifle Bruce, I bet it puts a good whop on anything you hit. Wasn't that the predecessor to the 10/22, regarding similarities in design?
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Ditto Camillus, on your comment, "I wish I still had mine". I bought my Ruger .44 carbine back in the late 60's and kept it for a year or so. It was a fun little carbine to shoot. I hunted with it one season back when we were running deer hounds, only killed a big bobcat with it. This was before I started keeping records of my gun trading activities, I'm pretty sure I traded it to a feller for a Browning .22 auto rifle and that one was manufactured by FN, wish I had kept that one too! ::teary_eyes::
Bruce, my Ruger had a Monte Carlo stock with iron sights. It would have been a lot easier to shoot with a scope mounted on it now that I think about it.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I like it because it is light and handy, but still has a good "whop" as Paul put it. This one has a very plain type stock (no Monte Carlo comb), quite similar to the original 10/22. I understand there were two generations of this carbine by Ruger (early and late) - this one was made in 1977 which is the second generation. I've seen first generation guns, they had grooved forends on the stock. I'm not sure if the 44 MAG Carbine came before or after the 10/22 Carbine. A buddy of mine owns a version that is a Levergun (44/96 I think). OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

And my Ruger SR1911 .45. I'll quit now! :lol:
AirBrush_20171204171825.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Yehuda, I would still like to know your impressions of the American Tactical Sub-Compact if and when you get a chance to shoot it. The Ruger is some serious hardware. I particularly like that it has no forward grooves.
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

I bought the ATI Friday because it is a beauty and is nice and heavy, but over the weekend I read a lot of reviews and kept seeing the same thing over and over, it has problems with small components breaking and malfunctioning. When I took it to the range Sunday, I decided to not shoot it, took it back today and upgraded to the Ruger. Now, the ATI is really nice looking and priced at around $400, but honestly, it terrified me. I didn't want to be stuck with a gun I couldn't depend on.

Pros: It has a lifetime warranty and will most likely function properly for a while and looks terrific. It's also supposed to be very accurate.

Cons: It's a budget firearm and owners will most certainly be replacing parts prematurely.

I didn't particularly want to spend so much on a Ruger, but damnit, I trust it. If I were a decent gunsmith, I'd most likely have stuck with the ATI. Hope this is helpful.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”