Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by Colonel26 »

dlr110 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:33 pm I've been wanting to replace a .38 Special that I had given to one of my grandsons on their 18 birthday, but you all know that guns and ammo have been had to come by in the past year or so. Sunday night I got an email from Academy Sports that they were back in stock, so I jumped on that immediately. It's a Taurus 856 Ultra-Lite .38 Special 6 shot with a 2" barrel. I also got the speed loader for it. Can't wait to get to the range with it.20210526_152806.jpg
Nice! Is the spitting image of the 22 Taurus I bought a while back. I bet it’ll be fun to shoot.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Boji wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:04 pm I've paid that much of a couple of my handguns but not for a S&W semi-auto. a German Sig P210 was just under a grand and a H&K P7 that was over.

Do you feel the Performance Center is worth the extra $$$?
I honestly can’t say. I have always liked S&W but never have owned a Performance Center version so other than shooting a borrowed one I don’t have anything to go on. My experiences with standard production S&W pistols and revolvers has been good. My M&P Shield is a great EDC.

I learned to shoot a pistol using my dad’s full size 1911 (would love to have it now but that ship sailed long ago). I don’t have a single 1911 of any variant, wish I did and thought that subcompact version looks interesting.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm
I honestly can’t say. I have always liked S&W but never have owned a Performance Center version so other than shooting a borrowed one I don’t have anything to go on. My experiences with standard production S&W pistols and revolvers has been good.
Same here...
The "Performance Center" revolvers I have seen leave me cold. I don't like the lines on those pistols. I like the look of the standard version pistols. Those are the ones I came to love back in the 70s.
As far as how the semi autos operate.... I usually tune mine when I get 'em to suit myself. No need for a PC to do it for me.

And by the way.....
I like S&W.

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Nice one Gents.

Carry my Colt Diamondback. 38 four inch and Python. 357 6 inch once in a while. Both were my Dad's.
All this revolver talk, I think I will carry this weekend and maybe shoot a few rounds as it has been awhile.
Imagine price is even further on these through the roof given present circumstances but will never sell those. Crazy times for sure.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm Mumblypeg, that does indeed look interesting. How many rounds per mag please?
Sorry, just saw your question. Spec sheet says 9mm capacity is 8+1, .45 capacity is 7+1. About what you’d expect in a subcompact.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Had a great range day yesterday with my son and grandson. Grandma still has it! My targets looked better than theirs.
Picture is just part of the weaponry we used. Probably shot $500 worth of ammo if you consider it at current prices.
guns.jpg
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Boji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:12 pm Had a great range day yesterday with my son and grandson. Grandma still has it! My targets looked better than theirs.
Picture is just part of the weaponry we used. Probably shot $500 worth of ammo if you consider it at current prices.
guns.jpg
Woo-boys! There's some fun, there!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Nice pile of toys!

I like those Smiths....
(My favorite!)

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

What a fine assortment of firepower. Especially the H&K. I can't bring myself to shoot mine because of its value these days.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:22 pm What a fine assortment of firepower. Especially the H&K. I can't bring myself to shoot mine because of its value these days.
Well.... I can't fault you for that...
BUT, I can't stand to have a gun I can't shoot. I had a collector edition Colt 1911 years ago. I took it to a gun show and traded for 2 pistols I could shoot.....LOL.

:D
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:16 pm Nice pile of toys!

I like those Smiths....
(My favorite!)

Mine too, despite the H&K being worth 3 times as much.
If I could only own 1 of them, it would be the 2 1/2 in M66. I shoot it better than any other gun I own.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:22 pm What a fine assortment of firepower. Especially the H&K. I can't bring myself to shoot mine because of its value these days.
I know what you mean, it is hard for me to shoot it. My son is an H&K fan so had to give him a chance to shoot it.
One of the local police chiefs/firearms instructors was at the range too, let him shoot a magazine thru it. He had to take a picture of it and his target!
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Boji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm Mine too, despite the H&K being worth 3 times as much.
If I could only own 1 of them, it would be the 2 1/2 in M66. I shoot it better than any other gun I own.
"Go ahead..... make my day."

020.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm
Boji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm Mine too, despite the H&K being worth 3 times as much.

020.JPG

S&W Mod. 19 with a 6" barrel??????????????
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm

020.JPG

With the Dirty Harry quote it should by a M29 44mag
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:11 pm
A model 29 with a 6" Dirty Harry barrel.....

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

How about the 357 mag version....

Model 28 Highway Patrolman.....

after 4.JPG

I need me a set of target grips for this one.

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:24 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:11 pm
A model 29 with a 6" Dirty Harry barrel.....

The old lady was right :D ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great looking wheelguns! ::tu:: ::tu::

You guys are going to hate this but I love it. My most recent acquisition with plenty of extras. 9mm Luger, these are termed "truck guns" but I'm not sure where that nickname came from. ::shrug::

I call her, Delia, from a Johnny Cash song. "The kinda evil that makes me wanna grab my sub-mo-sheen . . ."
Attachments
IMG_20210530_162919742.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:33 pm Great looking wheelguns! ::tu:: ::tu::

You guys are going to hate this but I love it. My most recent acquisition with plenty of extras. 9mm Luger, these are termed "truck guns" but I'm not sure where that nickname came from. ::shrug::

I call her, Delia, from a Johnny Cash song. "The kinda evil that makes me wanna grab my sub-mo-sheen . . ."
Not something I'd buy but I'll sure defend your right to.
I have a handgun that isn't your normal cup 'o tea.
Ruger 57, 5.7x28, bottle neck cartridge 2500fps. The shells look like 1/2 size .223.
Normal looking handgun, 20 rounds magazines.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:33 pm Great looking wheelguns! ::tu:: ::tu::

I dig it!!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Boji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:17 pm
Ruger 57, 5.7x28, bottle neck cartridge 2500fps. The shells look like 1/2 size .223.

Speaking of......

Here is a fun one.....
My 22 TCM

013.JPG

It shoots these......
(1st one on the left.)

TCM_FN_Rem.jpg

It belches a LOT of fire!!

Samb

Post by Samb »

Wonder what a box of those will set you back, if you can even find any?
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Samb wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:07 pm

Wonder what a box of those will set you back, if you can even find any?
$1.20-1.50 a round. Hasn't increased as much as the common calibers.
Have about 1300 rounds on hand at pre-pandemic prices. If I recall correctly it was around 85 cents .
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

My shooting bud just picked up one of those and I can't wait to see it! He is having issues finding reasonably priced ammo tho . . .
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”