Pictures of Miscellaneous Stuff & Things

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Pictures of Miscellaneous Stuff & Things

Post by philco »

gsmith7158 wrote:..........." there is a place here in Marietta called David Poes BBQ that has some of the best beef brisket I have ever eaten and their macaroni and cheese is to die for. Anybody coming to the Blade Show ought to give it a try. Just of the square in Marietta." ::tu::
Sounds great Greg. You buying ? :mrgreen:
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

On the BBQ topic.....we have a BBQ place within 1/4 mile of us and you know, you absolutely know I loooooooove the smell of burning
wood when they kickstart that grill around 10:00 and beef it up right at 16:30ish!! Oh yeah!!

And they make some purty good Q, but ain't no place else to compare it to, that I'm aware of..... ::shrug::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

You betcha Philco, it's not far from the Quality Inn where everyone is staying . :D ::handshake::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

True that in Texas the standard by which good BBQ is judged is usually the beef brisket. But pork ribs are a close second, followed by sausage (pork). Those are the big three staples of Texas BBQ. Everything else - pork butt, often served as "pulled pork", chicken, and turkey is usually available but not nearly as popular as those three. You can sometimes get beef ribs too but many places don't serve them.

Even that is regional however. In general pork is more popular in East Texas, which tends to be culturally more like the South.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

If you ever find yourself in Decatur, Alabama and there's very few reasons why you should, stop in and try Big Bob Gibson's BBQ pork with white sauce.

Withhold judgement until you've tried it.

One small chain that has impressed me is Shane's Rib Shack. I think they are out of The Carolina's.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

........y'all have done flung a cravin' on me!!!.....I may have to fire up the smoker today!!!!........ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .....................
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

If you do that, carrmillus, you will be free from the hazards that may prevail with cooking for the public.
Joe
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

carrmillus, I might just have to go to tupelo and drive around till I smell the smoke and see the T Bird.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

RalphAlsip wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:KC does have good barbecue. So does Memphis, St. Louis, and numerous other places.
Ken, If you ever find yourself in Blanco, TX here is a place to try..
https://old300bbq.com/menu/
Aw, Jerry, now you tell me! :lol: I was in the area just last weekend. We spent Mother's Day weekend with our family in the Hill Country, fishing, canoeing, and relaxing at a beautiful place called Mo-Ranch, located on the Guadalupe River about 10 miles west of Hunt. We didn't go through Blanco but we stopped and ate on the way there at a German place in Fredericksburg, and in Kerrville on the way home. Could just as easily have gone to Blanco.

Ken
Attachments
Mo-Ranch waterfront, Guadalupe River
Mo-Ranch waterfront, Guadalupe River
Guadalupe River at Mo-Ranch
Guadalupe River at Mo-Ranch
Mexican Hat wildflowers on Guadalupe River bank
Mexican Hat wildflowers on Guadalupe River bank
Mo-Ranch dam, Guadalupe River
Mo-Ranch dam, Guadalupe River
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
RalphAlsip wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:KC does have good barbecue. So does Memphis, St. Louis, and numerous other places.
Ken, If you ever find yourself in Blanco, TX here is a place to try..
https://old300bbq.com/menu/
Aw, Jerry, now you tell me! :lol: I was in the area just last weekend. We spent Mother's Day weekend with our family in the Hill Country, fishing, canoeing, and relaxing at a beautiful place called Mo-Ranch, located on the Guadalupe River about 10 miles west of Hunt. We didn't go through Blanco but we stopped and ate on the way there at a German place in Fredericksburg, and in Kerrville on the way home. Could just as easily have gone to Blanco.

Ken
There is no place in Texas I don't see beauty. (even Midland and west) But the Hill country is the crown. What a great area and all the little towns have their special appeal. The art in Kerrville, the German influence in Fredericksburg and the lovely rolling hills all around plus the abundant wild life and flowers. Perfect place and you have some great pictures. Thanks.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Beautiful pics Ken. Thanks for sharing.

Some of the best KY BBQ I have had was a little hole in the wall in Paducah, Kentucky. Starnes BBQ. Place was a blast from the past like a 50s or 60s diner. No frills as far as decor. The pork or whatever was on plain old white sandwich bread as I recall. No designer buns. I may be incorrect but I recall it was a cash only joint. That was like 8 or more years ago.
Nice small town. The airport terminal was about the size of my house.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Mumbleypeg wrote:I was in the area just last weekend. We spent Mother's Day weekend with our family in the Hill Country, fishing, canoeing, and relaxing at a beautiful place called Mo-Ranch, located on the Guadalupe River about 10 miles west of Hunt.
Ken
The area around Hunt & Ingram on the Guadalupe is some of the prettiest in the Hill Country. It is especially pretty along the Guadalupe river in early November when the Cypress leaves change color. There is a state park near to Hunt named Lost Maples State park that is also worth a visit (on an uncrowded weekday lol) during the fall. I live about 50 miles downstream from Kerrville close to the Guadalupe. The Hill country towns of Kerrville, Fredericksburg, and Boerne are some of the best small towns you could hope to find in my opinion.

Ken, I'm surprised you didn't include a family photo from Stonehenge II in Ingram :) :-P
zp4ja wrote:Some of the best KY BBQ I have had was a little hole in the wall in Paducah, Kentucky.Jerry
Jerry A., I grew up about 25 miles North of Paducah. It is a charming river town on the Ohio river just downstream from where the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers join the Ohio.
Attachments
Stonehenge II Ingram Texas
Stonehenge II Ingram Texas
Lost Maples State Park
Lost Maples State Park
Lost Maples State Park
Lost Maples State Park
Guadalupe River on River Road near Gruene, TX
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Ken, Doggleg,

I have to agree with you fella's. The Texas Hill Country is my favorite part of Texas. It"s just beautiful any where you look.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

Success with the new Eastern Blue Bird box after the old one with a different opening was always taken over. I count three chics. Larks took to nesting in another. Mrs. Robin built a nest in the bird feeder again. Busy sitting on four blue eggs. ::ds::
Attachments
P1000191.jpg
P1000192.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

RalphAlsip wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:I was in the area just last weekend. We spent Mother's Day weekend with our family in the Hill Country, fishing, canoeing, and relaxing at a beautiful place called Mo-Ranch, located on the Guadalupe River about 10 miles west of Hunt.
Ken
The area around Hunt & Ingram on the Guadalupe is some of the prettiest in the Hill Country. It is especially pretty along the Guadalupe river in early November when the Cypress leaves change color. There is a state park near to Hunt named Lost Maples State park that is also worth a visit (on an uncrowded weekday lol) during the fall. I live about 50 miles downstream from Kerrville close to the Guadalupe. The Hill country towns of Kerrville, Fredericksburg, and Boerne are some of the best small towns you could hope to find in my opinion.

Ken, I'm surprised you didn't include a family photo from Stonehenge II in Ingram :) :-P
zp4ja wrote:Some of the best KY BBQ I have had was a little hole in the wall in Paducah, Kentucky.Jerry
Jerry A., I grew up about 25 miles North of Paducah. It is a charming river town on the Ohio river just downstream from where the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers join the Ohio.
Thanks for the pictures, haven't made it to Lost Maples yet but on our list. You live in a great area.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I planted these Cala Lillie’s under our purple plum tree about five years ago. They come up every Spring, but this is the first year they have ever made flowers.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
D80AA491-859A-4401-AB97-2C676D0542B2.jpeg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

This dog belongs to a friend of mine, he decided that he wanted to sit where the people sit and helped himself on up. Pretty neat dog.
IMG_0077.JPG
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
gypsy jim

Post by gypsy jim »

Two Flowers' little brother?
Attachments
space kid.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Interesting sights at the flea market.

Ken
Old garden seed planter
Old garden seed planter
Re-purposed sewing machine
Re-purposed sewing machine
"Texas and Suburbs" map
"Texas and Suburbs" map
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

gypsy jim wrote:Two Flowers' little brother?
I like his style! A brother from another mother...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Peach crop this year is outstanding!

Ken
IMG_20180610_1946529.jpg
IMG_20180610_1948297.jpg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Peach crop this year is outstanding!

Ken
No kiddin. Those are dandies! I got a few from Fredericksburg last week and they are so good and sweet.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here you go Ray - I hardly got the peaches inside the door before my wife sliced them into bowls and dumped a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream on them. ::drool:: ::groove::

Ken
Attachments
IMG_20180610_2054049.jpg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Here you go Ray - I hardly got the peaches inside the door before my wife sliced them into bowls and dumped a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream on them. ::drool:: ::groove::

Ken
Lordy, lordy! I think I just felt my blood sugar level go up. :lol: :lol:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Here you go Ray - I hardly got the peaches inside the door before my wife sliced them into bowls and dumped a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream on them. ::drool:: ::groove::

Ken
Ken, you're killin' me here. I swoon with desire. I like most fruit but peaches are my favorite.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”