SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by Waukonda »

9 1/2 years old and still going strong, slowing down ever so slightly
Attachments
20190929_114419.jpg
Ike
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

, whoa, I just went back and I had missed a couple of post. I like that Sheltie, Larry, and that picture of her nearly Airborne is a classic. So, if there are no sheep to be herded then cats are next on the list, huh?
Ike
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good looking dog Ike. Sunny day, water, a big big stick. That has to be one contented pooch.

[As for the eggs: "What we have here...is failure..to communicate.]
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Great picture, Ike! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

We had a commotion at our house the other night. The armed guards (2 house cats) detected an intruder trying to get in and raised the alarm. They were meowing and looking out the sliding patio door into the darkness at something, so I turned on the outside light and look who was there. The 2 cats looking out from inside the house, and the possum looking in at them from outside. Kind of a double zoo scenario. Kind of a fuzzy picture taken quickly thru the glass with the phone.
20191105_180529.jpg
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Great picture Ike. Nothing makes a Lab happier than water and something to fetch. Unless it's food! :lol:

OC it amazes me how well animals can detect what's happening outside the house (or inside the house when they are out). When she's in the house our Lab, Mazie, always "tells" us when there's a coyote nearby. She growls and runs to the door wanting out. Otherwise she never growls. But several months ago when she did that, it wasn't a coyote - it was a mountain lion! ::woot::

The cat probably weighed at least 100 pounds and was inside the chicken run. I grabbed a rifle and went out the door. The dog went out with me, barking, growling and charging toward the cat. The cat with great ease leapt over and out of the fence and disappeared into the brush so quickly I couldn't get a shot.

After all settled down and Mazie returned, I asked her "what were you going to do if you caught it!?" :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

In 1992, I'd received orders to Guam. The island had a 6 month quarantine, for pets and the conditions were reported to be bad. I had two golden retrievers, at the time and couldn't put them through it. One of my assistants got the male and my sister got the female. It was like giving up kids. We vowed to not have any more pets, while on active duty. We had a cat, up until last year...for 17 years. Now that my wife and I retired, we have time to devote to this guy. Django (or DJ for short), came home with us yesterday. I spent a little bit of time, sleeping on the floor last night...but overall the first 24 hours has been pretty smooth.
DJ.jpg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:D ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Here is Griffin and the lady of the house Lil. The second one is Griffin on his perch by my office window keeping tabs on who comes up to the front porch or who's driving down the road mostly.
20171120_104549.jpg
20180926_190128.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:D :D ::tu:: ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Great critters folks. Thanks for sharing
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Oh the joys of having a Lab...

Yesterday our Lab stealthily grabbed a large, nearly new tub of spreadable butter off the kitchen counter and then took it downstairs to the back bathroom and devoured the entire tub of butter. The first we learned of the caper was several hours later when she began barfing on the carpet. This isn't the first time she has gone counter-surfing, so I went looking for evidence, and that's when I found the completely empty tub in the downstairs bathroom - it was licked clean. We had several hours of whimpering, drooling, barfing & pooping - she was clearly not comfortable. Today she seems fine. We'll feed her only rice and plain chicken for the next couple of days. ::facepalm::

Maybe she was getting back at us for her Halloween costume?

20191030_202446.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Too funny!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Never had a problem with our Lab “counter surfing”. But her wagging tail can sure clear off the coffee table! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

My parents had a Samoyed...that ate an entire pecan pie...with the same results ::facepalm::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Labs are notorious consumers of anything and everything including non-consumables like rocks.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Ah yes, the renown garbage compactor, Labs ::mdm:: .
:lol: Too funny dude!
And yes, I love labs myself ::tu:: .
Here's Junior, families 5 month old "semi-farm" kitty :wink: . Caught him in the act of being cute while couch surfing :mrgreen: .
Attachments
DSCN2395.JPG
DSCN2396.JPG
DSCN2397.JPG
DSCN2398.JPG
DSCN2399.JPG
DSCN2400.JPG
DSCN2401.JPG
DSCN2402.JPG
DSCN2403.JPG
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

A little more cuteness ….
Willy :D
Attachments
DSCN2404.JPG
DSCN2405.JPG
DSCN2406.JPG
DSCN2407.JPG
Winston Churchill

TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:12 am Labs are notorious consumers of anything and everything including non-consumables like rocks.
This is our second Lab (our first lived for over 15 years), so we are very familiar with their notorious consumption behavior. Our last Lab once ate all the wires from a bank of 6 automatic sprinkler valves. A friend of ours had a Lab that ate the gas line from his house to his BBQ grill. Luckily, the valve at the house was OFF.

I love Labs - best dogs we've ever had. Ours is scary smart & incredibly affectionate.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That's a really cute cat, Willy.

Here's my Triple L (Little Lounge Lizard) kitty in action. She seems to be saying, "kiss my kitty toe." ::super_happy::
Attachments
IMG_20191217_210341696.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Some fine and fancy fe-lions pictured there.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:38 pm That's a really cute cat, Willy.

Here's my Triple L (Little Lounge Lizard) kitty in action. She seems to be saying, "kiss my kitty toe." ::super_happy::
Surely, she wouldn't be saying that to the man who feeds her. Maybe a message meant for Anthony Rendon??
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:13 pm
1967redrider wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:38 pm That's a really cute cat, Willy.

Surely, she wouldn't be saying that to the man who feeds her. Maybe a message meant for Anthony Rendon??
Ha, could be! ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Playing around with teaching my new pup to find shed deer antlers...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looks like your pup is well on his way to becoming a fine antler retriever. Well done for both of you. I heard the tale of one such dog who became so proficient he would claim antlers that were still attached. He would just hold on tight and let the deer run.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”