SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

This homeless little tuxedo girl Annabelle moved in with us this weekend. She is still "negotiating" with our current cat Sophie on the terms of her residency.
Annabelle.jpg
Annabelle.jpg (36.97 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

The boss calls this her barn cat, comes by scrounging for scraps about every day.
20181119_154439.jpg
Attachments
20181119_154338.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

We have barn cats off and on also. We don't normally feed them, they fend for themselves. They're usually wild and run when they see a human. A momma cat had a litter in the barn a few months back, and my wife felt sorry for her so she bought some cat food and had me putting it in a bowl in the barn daily. Every day the food was gone. I set up a game camera. The cats were not eating it but every night the fattest possum I've ever seen was pigging out! ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:This homeless little tuxedo girl Annabelle moved in with us this weekend. She is still "negotiating" with our current cat Sophie on the terms of her residency.
What a lucky little cutie! Hope she can find common ground with Sophie.

So far my cat's reaction to this little runty black stray who has wandered inside on more than one occasion is the main reason I haven't welcomed the stray into the home.

Oddly enough, though, my bad-### psycho-kitty seems to be the tentative one while the tiny black streetwise cat threw down the yowls and hisses.

We will have to see how this story develops.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Joshka, my 122 lb lap dog.
Attachments
Joshka - Oct 2018.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
OLDE CUTLER wrote:This homeless little tuxedo girl Annabelle moved in with us this weekend. She is still "negotiating" with our current cat Sophie on the terms of her residency.
What a lucky little cutie! Hope she can find common ground with Sophie.

So far my cat's reaction to this little runty black stray who has wandered inside on more than one occasion is the main reason I haven't welcomed the stray into the home.

Oddly enough, though, my bad-### psycho-kitty seems to be the tentative one while the tiny black streetwise cat threw down the yowls and hisses.

We will have to see how this story develops.
It is always interesting to see how "introductions" will go. You just have to take it slow and let them decide the pace. Annabelle and Sophie seem to have a tentative agreement in place. In a couple more days, it should be good.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Every day the food was gone. I set up a game camera. The cats were not eating it but every night the fattest possum I've ever seen was pigging out! ::facepalm:: Ken
::mdm:: Feeding a possum!!! Why there otta be a law!!! :mrgreen:
Joe
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Trixie and Rolyboo waiting on a tidbit
Attachments
A8A9554B-2F93-4530-8035-FBAC9D403A29.jpeg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

image.jpg
image.jpg
This is Gaffer, my 12 year old scruffy disaster of a former Surrey Tomcat. He's had quite the life. He was born in our bathroom closet and when I split with the ex in 2007, he stayed on in bachelor heaven with a bunch of guys that included the ex, our younger son and a couple of roommates. They had a very old and ratty (literally) house with a big yard.
When the ex passed on in 2012, I took him back. The house was a rental and everyone left.
Gaffer was raised with a couple of Rotties and considers them the proper dog. He doesn't like small dogs but those two, and one that lived here, were his buddies.
Along the way he's been hit by cars, stung by wasps, chomped by a raccoon, in many fights, lost the sight of an eye, several teeth and his manhood. He's also a cancer survivor.
He'll probably outlive me!

My other pet is Trasha the Wolf Spider. Here she is with the eggs she laid on Tuesday.
When it's slow at work, I help out at the bosses house. She was in the yard waste bin. He asked me to take her out, bring her to work and let her go behind the factory. Nope. She'd just end up coming in and I'd have to move her again. So, I have a pet spider!

There are also two field mice, Arnold and Sly who spend all night bulking up on their wheel. I think their plotting something! I can't get a decent pic of 'em. They were born in captivity but they aren't really tame.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Unk, that is a Texas sized lap dog. Pretty girl. ::tu::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

DSC06039.JPG
Snug a bug in the rug!!! Squirt is ALWAYS cold!! ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Unk wrote:Joshka, my 122 lb lap dog.
No matter how big they seem to always think they're a lap dog.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Unk wrote:Joshka, my 122 lb lap dog.
No matter how big they seem to always think they're a lap dog.
Doglegg, Knifeslinger,

Yes, he is a big baby.....until the door bell rings. Then he goes into full Chuck Norris / Rambo mode. :lol:
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

jmh58 wrote:Snug a bug in the rug!!! Squirt is ALWAYS cold!! ::nod::
Love that photo, John! ::tu::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thanks T.. She did that all by her self too!! :lol:
John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Kingston73

Post by Kingston73 »

Here’s mine, Hammy and Bucket, in their outdoor gear. I walk in state forests a lot and don’t want to get shot during hunting season. Also, the boots are a necessity not because I’m some weirdo. She’s got some kind of autoimmune disease and her paws never fully callus and get blisters on a regular basis. We could pay for a drug that would fix it but it cost nearly $300 per month. Boots are cheaper and work well.
0D15F08C-E0FA-44FA-A412-4DC95D2C8A94.jpeg
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

If you are a pet lover/caretaker you are familiar with the many added costs pertaining to your pets in addition to their diet, license and shots, many of these additional costs are simply optional and not necessary, such as:
Pet Medical & Health Insurance.
Pet Cemeteries. (In California, Pet Cemetery burial and or cremation can cost upward of $4,000.00). You can add an additional few hundred dollors for a Tombstone and maintenance of the burial site.
Last week I received the below advertisement in my mailbox.
(Dog DNA Test) ::uc::
Yes, it's for real. I looked up the website listed on the literature, $199.00 for your dog. But wait, there's more. 3 Dogs for $449.00 at Amazon.
Our German Shepperd is from Germany. (Test not required)
You can receive a "Basic" human DNA test for $69.00 through "Family Tree Magazine" via numerous DNA testing services.
What are your thoughts on "Pet" DNA tests?
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

"What are your thoughts on "Pet" DNA tests?"

So far I have not reached that point where I've ended up with more money than I know what to do with, so I think I'll hold off on ordering up the pet DNA tests. I've got three dogs, all of which are stray mutts that showed up here after being abandoned along the roadside. None of them are candidates for breeding stock so their DNA information is of no value to me whatsoever. My money would be much better spent on another box of Milk Bones. ::nod::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Philco, if I had a few bucks to blow I like to send a DNA sample from this one to one of the labs that does the human DNA tests. We have heard so many folks report on the ridiculous results that even siblings have received. This one thinks she is human:
DSCN4857.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A year or two back a dog magazine sent off the same DNA to different labs. There were significant differences between the results. Perhaps dog DNA testing has become more precise since then. Perhaps not. At least we know that all dogs descended from the wolf. Hard to believe looking at a Chihuahua.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My nephew has a rescue he got as a puppy from the local SPCA. Cute puppy but turned out to be the ugliest dog I've ever seen (and wierd behavior too), so lots of speculation regarding what breeds are in its ancestry. When the veterinarian was asked for his opinion he declined to guess and said a DNA test would tell. So it's more breed determination than country of origin. In this case, no one thought it worth paying to find out.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

How about a photo of this challenging dog?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Quick Steel wrote:How about a photo of this challenging dog?
I don't have one but will see if I can get one, or take one next time I see him. My guess is it's a Boxer mix. Others say Pit Bull mix. The ugly part is it has an arched "hunchback", sorta like a cat when it's frightened. But with this dog it's that way all the time, gives the impression like its walking on tiptoes. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Treefarmer, Your dog's head and markings are very close to an English Setter. At least that was my first thought.
ENGLISH SETTER.jpg
ENGLISH SETTER.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

I was thinking boarder collie, red merle
red merle.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”