SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
zp4ja

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by zp4ja »

Great pics. Our pets sure are characters, aren't they. Really thankful for mine.

Here a few pics from this year. Nikki, the choc lab is 10 this year. Breaking my heart to see hear slowing down with age.

For some reason, the word "knuckleheads" pops into my mind when all four are playing together. All have distinct and unique personalities just like we all do. Yet they get along in their own way.

Jerry
Attachments
Nikki and Molly helping with tree trimming 2016.jpg
Nikki Desert 2016.jpg
Nikki Desert 2016_pic 2.jpg
Nikki helping with tree trimming 2016.jpg
Buddy Desert 2016.jpg
Nikki and Buddy_New Years 2016.jpg
Nikki and Buddy_New Years 2016_pic 2.jpg
Molly and Lucy_2016.jpg
Buddy Desert 2016_pic 2.jpg
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

great pics and stories guys! Dogs are the best!

Jerry, that 2nd and 3rd pic down are great! I can tell that dog is in "heaven" out in the field!
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Unk wrote:Dan, that is a beautiful German Shepherd.

My wife and I were upstairs installing a new TV last week, when we heard a crash downstairs. My wife came down to see this.

Joshka got in trouble.
Thanks Unk,
With a look that Johka has on his face, I think there was second thoughts on trouble?
Beautiful dog Unk. ::tu::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

Here's our 25 plus pound Maine Coon kitty , he's very smart and mischievous . The cat next to him is a normal sized 8 pound persuasion :lol: .
Attachments
IMG_0465.JPG
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Holly, our 11 year young border collie rescue. Most certainly the smartest being in our house!
Attachments
2013-08-30 18.39.26-1.jpg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

ScoutKnives wrote:Here's our 25 plus pound Maine Coon kitty , he's very smart and mischievous . The cat next to him is a normal sized 8 pound persuasion :lol: .
Been around several Maine Coons and I think they're great! One in particular had great personality.
NRA Life/Endowment
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

ScoutKnives: I can't quite bring myself to refer to your Maine Coon as "kitty." With her 25 lbs. and shaped ears she reminds me of a lynx, another beautiful feline.

bestgear: As you certainly know, border collies are considered among the brightest of dogs. Holly looks like a beautiful example of her wonderful breed.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

The granddog visiting with Nana & Pa. He has the sweetest disposition but that tail should be declared a lethal weapon it will beat the hide off your legs .
20161218_095537-1.jpg
Attachments
20161218_094935-1.jpg
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Thanks QuickSteel - we saw a bumper sticker that said "Our Border Collie Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student" and it's probably true. Holly was rescued from Hurricane Katrina at about 4-weeks old. She was found on the roof of a house with her brother Max and to this day she hates loud noises, the smoke detector (my wife's oven timer) and thunderstorms but you should see her herd our guinea hens, poetry in motion.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

My son had a Maine Coon, Big Red, an he was big and red. Interesting personality, an outdoor cat but very approachable.

Since I posted the kittens last March, they've gotten larger. Lillie high, Kimmie Low. Almost fully grown. They are a joy to have around,usually. ::tu::
Attachments
DSCN1144.JPG
steve99f
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

ScoutKnives, those are 12 inch floor tiles are they not?
Joe
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

The floor tiles are 18" :lol: he can easily reach my chest from the floor when he's begging for treats and I'm 6' tall . His personality is much more like a dog .

FRJ wrote:ScoutKnives, those are 12 inch floor tiles are they not?
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Since getting Molly, the little black and white adoptee above, I have learned it's difficult to walk both dogs at the same time.

This is what the front windows of the house look like when I'm walking Molly and Bonni has been left in the house.

Picture should expand with a left click.

Look closely. :)

Charlie
Attachments
IMG_20161215_140043.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Yep! that's pretty cool! I have 2 Boxers and they are like that too. Damn near inseparable.
NRA Life/Endowment
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Joshka turned 1 year old today. He weighs in at around 110. Ahter, our Turkish Kangal is six months old. I think she will be over 100 lbs by the time she is grown.

The reason he isn't wearing a hat in the second photo is because he ate it.

My wife made more of a to-do over his birthday than mine. Guess it shows where I rank in the household. :lol:

I'm gonna file this under "First World Celebrations". :lol:
Attachments
Joshka - 1 yr old a.jpg
Joshka - 1 yr old b.jpg
Joshka - 1 yr old (Ahter).jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Here are a couple of sweet little guys that were abandoned at my house about 15-months ago. Lady (5-years old) is the black and white and Diesel (3-years old) is the brindle. American Pit Bull Terriers.
Pits.jpg
Pits.jpg (48.44 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Unk: A mighty handsome dog. Would you kindly confirm the breed for me?
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Hi Quick Steel,

His mom and pop are registered German Shepherds, and are standard black and tan colored, although "Texas Sized". But I suspect he has some malamute in him. The litter he came from were 5 black and tan, 1 silver wolf mask, and Joshka.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
RobesonsRme.com

Molly, the little B/W adoptee and Bonni are getting used to one another.

Charlie
Attachments
BonniMollyII.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congrats on the new family member. Both of them look well designed for some serious lap time.
RobesonsRme.com

West Highland Terriers are not typically lap dogs, but Bonni is an exception. However, it is done on her schedule, not ours.

Molly, on the other hand, will sleep in our laps for an hour or more. She is an attention hound, maybe because she was so ill-treated previously.

She is the dancingnest dog I have ever known. Pounds the floor with her forepaws and dances around, twisting and turning and flapping those ears. :lol:

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Finally stumbled on to the picture. Hardscrabble My Happiness was a year old Bull Terrier. Only kept her for about six months before selling her to a fella in Kentucky. She was full of pep and energy, we both worked and couldn't care for her properly. She had to stay in the laundry room behind the garage while we were at work and she got bored. She chewed the power cord off the washing machine and dryer TWICE EACH while they were plugged in. ::facepalm:: This was about 1978/1979.
Attachments
Happy (Hardscrabble My Happiness).jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
RobesonsRme.com

Bull Terriers are a breed apart.

I remember a story in our American Lit book in school about a family and their Bull Terrier. He did all kinds of crazy things, including dragging home a full sized man hole cover.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Hope you don't mind if I show you someone else's pet. A good friend notified me that the vet is coming out to her country house today to release her dear Amber from this life. Amber wandered on to her Texas property about six years ago at the estimated age of eight years. So she is about 14 today which is pretty good for a 70 lb. dog. Amber, in her prime was a beautiful dog. Her best buddy Angel is going to miss her big time.
amber.jpg
angel-amber.jpg
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Personally don't mind at all Garry. Nice that she took Amber in and I am sure gave her a good life. My sympathies to your friend. One of the harder thing in life to do, in my opinion, at least for me.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”