SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
tjmurphy

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by tjmurphy »

Wow Charlie. Who'd a thunk that that little pup would grow into such a magnificient animal. She's beautiful. ::tu:: ::tu::
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Beautiful families you guys have!

Here are my two boys, 2-1/2 year old brothers ... can't begin to express what they have added to our lives ... but then, you already understand ...
Beagle01.jpg
:)
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

"but then, you already understand" ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

On Edge, AWESOME! ::ds:: I bet thoes two knuckle heads could create lots of havoc when the door bell rings! LOL
But they look well behaved in the photo 8) 8) 8)
Your Boys are so cool 8) ::tu:: ::nod::
What are there names?

Marty
The second mouse always get's the cheese..
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

This is so great to see such beautiful animals!
Thank's for posting, and caring for your pets everyone! ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::

Marty
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Hey edge.. Good looking hounds you got there!! ::nod:: You hunt them? I have a 13in female that is a hunter!! Nothing like the sound of hounds on a hot trail!! ::tu:: John ::tu::
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Cope

Post by Cope »

On Edge, those are 2 of the best looking beagle hounds I've seen in a good many years. I grew up with beagles. My daddy kept a bunch all the time. I don't know the most he ever had at one time, but I do remember when he around 35 at one time. He traded, bought and sold them. That's something you don't see around here anymore is hounds of any kind. My neighbor had way over a hundred fox hounds. He got sick and his grandson was feeding them for him. He had one big pen that was FULL of dogs. His grandson told me they eat a 50# bag a day. The old guy that had them used to go around to the schools and pick up their lunch scraps.

Are yours trained to run rabbits?
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Beautiful animals all.
VikingDog, glad to see Jessie has establihed her place in your pack.

This is a photo essay of Bonni Belle McGlathery or just "Bonni" to us. She's about five now. She's a West Highland Terrier and is the most intelligent dog we've ever owned. We dearly loved the three that preceded her, but none ever astounded us the way she does with her quirks and antics.

Charlie Noyes
Thank you Charlie, and thanks for your sage advice a month ago. Your dog is beautiful and sounds like an amazing friend to have. It would be a poorer life without them to liven things up.

Great thread you guys, thanks.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Maybe you'd like to check out this site: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clic ... s?siteId=3
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
elbertson

Post by elbertson »

My boy Kip...he loves showing off in front of the in-laws...
kip_balance.jpg
kip_balance.jpg (33.17 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
The beatings will continue until morale has improved...
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Thanks guys! We sure love 'em!

Their names are Chase and Dash … and boy those names fit!

I don't hunt them, but I sure could, they show natural ability all the time - they come from Field and Show Champions right down the line, but that's not why we got 'em - we just fell in love with them, and (we thought) they were for our two boys. The gentleman we got them from practically gave them to us - his 'mission' is to let regular folks enjoy good dogs - one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. And get this, while we were visitin' with him, this guy came on to his property lookin' to buy a couple hunting dogs, and our friend wouldn't sell to him - the guy kept upping the ante, and he got to some pretty high numbers, but no dice. After he drove off, the breeder told us "he don't treat his dogs right, I'm not in this for the money." Come to find out later that his wife breeds Rotties as companions for disabled folks, and she generally just gives them the dogs. Crazy smart dogs, too. Just really good folks, the kind that make the world a better place for bein here.

And yes, they do raise cain when that doorbell rings … great sound when they give "voice" !

Thnks again, and thanks to everyone for sharin' your family with us - really good to see …

:)
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Great looking pair of Beagles. I love it when a dog or cat gets on top of the couch like that. Kind of like a lion surveying the savannah from his knoll.

Is that a Border Collie balancing the ball on his snout? And, does he flip it off and catch it?
Beautiful dog.

VKD; glad to hear Jessie's doing well and I'm quite pleased that I had a hand in that. Yes, Bonni is a real hoot.

This is a great thread.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Rustle47
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rustle47 »

Some might argue that working stock on a ranch aren't pets, but don't tell my wife that. If the horses are near the road when we go to the family ranch, she stops and talks with them before seeing her family! She used to ride quit a lot when younger. Me, I'm no horseman. The one time they got me on a horse, I got actual blisters on my butt! I thought I would die - not from the pain, but from the embarassment!!! When we visit in the winter, I get to go with them to feed the cows. We bring a huge bale of hay that unrolls from the back of the pickup and pails of cake- processed alfalfa that resembles green charcoal briquets. We honk the horn and yell "Here cow! Hey Bossie!" and the cows come lumbering over to be fed. One summer my wife and I drove out to an out-of-the-way rock formation near home. I had her drop me off about half a mile from the site, hoping to get some interesting photos while walking the rest of the way. There were six or seven cows nearby and without thinking, I started talking to them. "Hi cow, how ya doing cow?" Their ears pricked up and they followed me for a hundred yards before they realized I wasn't going to feed them! This hamburger on the hoof acted like somebodies pets.

A friend at work lives several miles out of town. Winter before last he bought some baby turkeys. The grasshoppers were getting pretty bad near his place and the turkeys would help keep them under control. That first winter he kept the chicks in the house. That spring he built a pen outside for them. He kept talking about when the time was right he would be feasting on turkey. He even named them Bake, Fry and Roast. It got to where whenever he went outside they would start jabbering at him and following him along the fence until he would go in and rub them under the chin. The smallest one, Fry, would bump against his leg until he would pick him up and pet him. One time Fry fell asleep while leaning against my friends leg and having his chin rubbed. Poor little Fry fell over when my friend stepped away! This is their third winter now. Bake, Fry and Roast have not been baked, fried or roasted yet. I'm thinking they will live long, happy lives.

I was going to show some pics of my black lab/border collie dog but couldn't find them. Guess I got sidetracked a little when I found the horses instead.
Attachments
horse01.jpg
HorseJune07-04.jpg
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.
Jethro Bodine

Post by Jethro Bodine »

We're looking into moving soon, so hopefully a canine will be joining the family soon. But for now, here's my favorite feline out of our 3. Nikki is quite the huntress. The usual mice & birds are nothing for this gal. This predator has added to her kill list: bats, moles, chipmunks, squirrels, river rats, snakes, & oddly enough the occasional young o'possum. The last one had evidently "played possum" to a T. I came into the kitchen to find her staring intently under the dishwasher. Low & behold when I pulled that booger out from under there it appeared perfectly fine. And as Ellie May use to say, " them's purdy cute lil critters". At least when their young. :lol:

Every picture tells a story, don't it

AAPK Rules!
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

There are some beautiful pics & pets in this thread! ::tu::
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
Forensic Jim

Post by Forensic Jim »

Couldn't go without showing a picture of my two girls Maddie and Maya. English Springer Spaniels from the same litter. Most of the time they are like rugs asleep.
Attachments
IMG_6784.JPG
RIP Johnnie Rotten

So far, so good...So What!!
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Hey, does any body want some cats???????????????
Joe
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Beautiful pets everyone!!! ::ds:: Keep em coming!!! ::ds::

Sorry FRJ, I would love to take in a cat but im allergic ::dang:: ::td::
I will keep my ears open though ::tu::

It's so great to see such caring people!!! ::nod:: :D :D :D

Marty
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Forensic Jim wrote:Couldn't go without showing a picture of my two girls Maddie and Maya. English Springer Spaniels from the same litter. Most of the time they are like rugs asleep.
Beautiful girls, Jim!

~ Albert Einstein
Earl

Post by Earl »

my lil boy Trace
Attachments
Knives 137.jpg
buckeyefan

Post by buckeyefan »

Awesome Earl ::tu::
Is he a border Collie?

Marty
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

Ohhh.....he's cute!! ::tu::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Earl, what a pretty dog! ::nod::
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thanks folks.

Yeah Marty he's a blond BC, my first with this color. He's 9 months old outta 'ol school herding lines and a real sweet boy,but don't let that sweet face fool ya.... he's game has drive, hell fire on sheep boy, just wants to grip 'em right now....lol
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

Bret888 wrote:Here is my boy Buzzy, with Kathy and the kids. He loves the creek in the summer, and pesters me everyday to go hunting. He got his 505th career pheasant this year. He turned 13 a couple days ago.
Earl wrote:Thanks folks.

Yeah Marty he's a blond BC, my first with this color. He's 9 months old outta 'ol school herding lines and a real sweet boy,but don't let that sweet face fool ya.... he's game has drive, hell fire on sheep boy, just wants to grip 'em right now....lol
Ya gotta love a dog with a drive! Bret posted our boy Buzz a few pages back in this thread. I haven't ever seen a dog with his incredible drive to hunt birds before... Buzz is fun to watch!
Earl

Post by Earl »

knifegirl888 wrote:
Bret888 wrote:Here is my boy Buzzy, with Kathy and the kids. He loves the creek in the summer, and pesters me everyday to go hunting. He got his 505th career pheasant this year. He turned 13 a couple days ago.
Earl wrote:Thanks folks.

Ya gotta love a dog with a drive! Bret posted our boy Buzz a few pages back in this thread. I haven't ever seen a dog with his incredible drive to hunt birds before... Buzz is fun to watch!

Ya know knifegirl the beauty is giving the the dogs an opportunity to do what they were bred for.......good on you and Bret for put'n Buzz on birds ::tu:: I loves me some dove and quail hunt'n with dogs,spending the day in the fields and pastures..........what fun!!!!

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”