SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That Irish Setter reminds me of one I had when I was young. They are beautiful dogs.
Here is my Girl Scout. We got Scout the week after our Maddie died suddenly. Our Vet called us and asked us if we would consider adopting her, her original owners couldn’t keep her and the family she was with wasn’t meshing well with her. I am so glad we took Scout in, even though she bit me the first week, it was territorial fight that I got in the middle of and ended up with a nice hole in my arm. I doubt that she would ever do that again, it was an accidental bite, and she absolutely has bonded with me.
Our bond includes this ball. She brought this with her when she came. She is obsessed with this ball. We bought two more just like it knowing this wouldn’t last forever. She wants nothing to do with them. It’s this ball or nothing, as I say “the ball that is all”. When we play on the stairs she sits here and pushes the ball down the stairs for me to “retrieve” and throw back up behind her on the landing, where she will “retrieve” it and push it down again. Sometimes it doesn’t go very far, but no worries, that’s my job to come up and “retrieve” it. She has trained me so well, I’m a good boy, yes I am, a good boy. Where’s my cookie?
If you click on the photo, it’s straight.
Attachments
IMG_2272.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Beautiful dog!! John… I had a nice outside cat that I’ve had for four years that I took care of her she had a heated box in the winter that moused for me but I haven’t seen for two weeks… I think she’s gone but I hope she’s not🙁… I love cats too! Beautiful cats buddy!!
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Yes, Willie is a ding-a-ling!
Attachments
20200404_214555.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Cat dude here too ::tu:: .
And dog dude... and duck dude... and goose dude... and... well, you get the picture :D . Growing up my whole life on a farm has help my appreciation for animals/pets. God gave them to us for a reason ::tu:: . Heck, the vary first job us humans ever had was to be care-takers of his creation. Even the fall didn't change that. And he promises us that we will have are pets in heaven, and to be with us for eternity, in the new heavens and earth. And The Lord always keeps his promises ::ds:: .
You have a absolutely beautiful setter there Stan ::tu:: . I would love to shake paws with her someday :D .
And too funny! Luna is definitely getting well toasted, and the dogs look so happy that they are about to float away. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good stuff guys!
Now i wonder if me buddy buddy wants have a visit...
Willy :D
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mark, that your dog has trained you to retrieve is really funny. Let us know when you have mastered the sit, lie down, and rollover :) .
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:18 am That Irish Setter reminds me of one I had when I was young. They are beautiful dogs.
Here is my Girl Scout. We got Scout the week after our Maddie died suddenly. Our Vet called us and asked us if we would consider adopting her, her original owners couldn’t keep her and the family she was with wasn’t meshing well with her. I am so glad we took Scout in, even though she bit me the first week, it was territorial fight that I got in the middle of and ended up with a nice hole in my arm. I doubt that she would ever do that again, it was an accidental bite, and she absolutely has bonded with me.
Our bond includes this ball. She brought this with her when she came. She is obsessed with this ball. We bought two more just like it knowing this wouldn’t last forever. She wants nothing to do with them. It’s this ball or nothing, as I say “the ball that is all”. When we play on the stairs she sits here and pushes the ball down the stairs for me to “retrieve” and throw back up behind her on the landing, where she will “retrieve” it and push it down again. Sometimes it doesn’t go very far, but no worries, that’s my job to come up and “retrieve” it. She has trained me so well, I’m a good boy, yes I am, a good boy. Where’s my cookie?
If you click on the photo, it’s straight.

Mark— I bet Scout uses that ball to hold on to the past in some little way?.. She obviously loves you now but maybe that ball reminds me of her past owners? Anyway just my humble opinion… Beautiful girl!! God bless you guys for taking her in and opening your home to her!!… And thank you for the nice comments about my Layla!

Willy—Thank you! Layla would shake hands with you all day! She loves everyone and wants to be friends with any one she meets!

Greg—Beautiful cat ! just imagine what he thinks about you ::hmm:: lol..
Ryan

Doc B

Post by Doc B »

On the morning walk...the start of the trail is about a mile, car ride, down the road. The trail is about a mile and a half walk. My dog found the only, hog wallow, on the entire walk...before I could keep him out.
Am I the only person who needs seat cover protectors, for my seat cover protectors?
So much for that bath I gave him yesterday. Arrrgh...
mud.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Doc, he looks awfully proud of himself! I bet he had fun.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I know the feeling Doc. Retrievers just love water. I’ve had both Goldens and Labs, none of them can stay out of creeks, ponds, lakes or even puddles. I’ve had a couple of Labs (including one I have now) that will get in a bucket if it has water in it - even their water bucket! ::facepalm:: :lol:

BTW you don’t need seat covers. You need a pickup truck with a dog crate in the back. ::tu:: :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Doc B wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 pm On the morning walk...the start of the trail is about a mile, car ride, down the road. The trail is about a mile and a half walk. My dog found the only, hog wallow, on the entire walk...before I could keep him out.
Am I the only person who needs seat cover protectors, for my seat cover protectors?
mud.jpg
Funny! That's a great picture!!

We had a sheltie years ago, hated water.
If we were outside and I grabbed the hose, he was up on the porch wanting in the house.
He was very neat when it came to drinking water. Not sloppy at all! He drank from the top of the bowl, whereas labs and retrievers (and most dogs) drink from the bottom!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Doc B wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 pm On the morning walk...the start of the trail is about a mile, car ride, down the road. The trail is about a mile and a half walk. My dog found the only, hog wallow, on the entire walk...before I could keep him out.
mud.jpg
Seen this before. Be glad he is in water and not something smelly.
He looks happy by the way.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Cheetah, our German Shepherd was a "Landlubber" he would even walk around puddles on the rode.
Hated bathing.
However, when in pursuit of a squirrel, rabbit etc. water was not a problem.

416A52D9-C4DD-4277-A913-48D681859550-3292-000001FFCEA72E62_tmp.JPG
Anna #2.JPG
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_0769.JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

mud.jpg
Doc—I Replace the seat covers in my truck every year! They’re worth it! My Layla will go through swamps, ponds, cricks etc. chasing birds around my neighborhood but atnight if I let her out to go to the bathroom and it’s sprinkling she acts like a princess and doesn’t want to get her little paws wet and she has to go in the flower bed where there’s rocks instead of wet grass LOL dogs crack me up with their eccentric behavior..

Dan— beautiful shepherd!
Ryan

Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Thanks Ryan. ::tu::
Dan
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Cheetah is indeed a handsome dog, Dan! Looks like he weighs more than your wife!
DJ was indeed proud of his muddy escapade!
I guess taking the truck might be a good idea, Ken.
Ryan..he is also a princess when it comes to going out to the bathroom...and a little bit of rain.
And Mark, he found a deer or hog spine to roll on, on the same walk. Fortunately, their wasn't too much meat left on it.
Our pets can definitely put a smile on our faces...but sometimes you just gotta shake your head :)
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Cheetah has an air of nobility about him. His head is the canine equivalent of the head of a Caesar.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Beautiful GSD Dan! How much does he weigh?

All this talk about dogs rolling in stuff reminds me of my old Lab, Gracie. Her favorite was cow manure, the fresher the better. When you live on a ranch with cattle, that’s a problem! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Thanks for the "Cheetah" compliments guys ::nod::.
Ken; He was only 55 pounds when we adopted him in 2014, he now weighs 83 pounds! Thanks to my Wife.
Dan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 pm Beautiful GSD Dan! How much does he weigh?

All this talk about dogs rolling in stuff reminds me of my old Lab, Gracie. Her favorite was cow manure, the fresher the better. When you live on a ranch with cattle, that’s a problem! :lol:

Ken
We have cow pasture on 3 sides of our place. Sometimes the cows are lined up just right to put a pile in our yard. You can’t keep the dogs from rolling in it or eating it. I don’t know why they like it so much, but they act like it’s candy to them. Must be the grass in it.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 pm Beautiful GSD Dan! How much does he weigh?

Ken
We have cow pasture on 3 sides of our place. Sometimes the cows are lined up just right to put a pile in our yard. You can’t keep the dogs from rolling in it or eating it. I don’t know why they like it so much, but they act like it’s candy to them. Must be the grass in it.
:lol: I can relate! When Gracie did that I’d have to take her collar off and hose it down, then take her to the stock tank for a swim. For whatever reason she’d invariably have the manure worked into the buckle on her collar. Unfortunately if the manure had dried on her before I found it, it took more work to get it off her - like giving her a bath. She loved water but she hated the garden hose. ::shrug:: . Then she’d be confined to the kennel yard for a couple of weeks, until we moved the cows to a different pasture farther from the house. Otherwise she’d be back rolling in it again the next day. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

gsmith7158 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:46 am Yes, Willie is a ding-a-ling!
Willie has very similar markings to that of our Sophie. The markings are what singled her out to us at the animal rescue when we adopted her. Looks like Willie has a white band across the back that Sophie does not have. Does Willie have the "racoon" tail?
IMG_3605.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:05 pm
Willie has very similar markings to that of our Sophie. The markings are what singled her out to us at the animal rescue when we adopted her. Looks like Willie has a white band across the back that Sophie does not have. Does Willie have the "racoon" tail?

IMG_3605.JPG
Looks like a Calico? My cousin has the most interesting calico cat I’ve ever seen. Wish I had a picture to show, but the cat is completely white except for its tail, which is the typical tri-color orange, black and white. ::nod::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

IMG_3605.JPG
OC Willie does have the raccoon tail. My wife and daughter adopted him and his brother at the same time about 6 years ago. They are almost identical.
Attachments
131.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:14 pm

IMG_3605.JPG
Looks like a Calico? My cousin has the most interesting calico cat I’ve ever seen. Wish I had a picture to show, but the cat is completely white except for its tail, which is the typical tri-color orange, black and white. ::nod::

Ken
I know what you mean. Some cats appear to be made up from leftover parts that don't match. We sometimes tell Sophie that her tail doesn't match the rest of her outfit and she should go to the "retail" store. lol Maybe one of her parents was a calico and the other striped?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Awesome pets everyone!

We have a new pup at the farm, my sister's German Shorthaired Pointer (GSP), Blue. Can't wait until we're able to drive up to see him. The Terror Trio- Barney (my Dad's GSP), Blue and Duke (both belong to my sister). Maybe I can train Blue to find antler sheds for me??? :mrgreen:
Attachments
FullSizeR.jpg
FullSizeR_02c.jpg
FullSizeR3.jpg
Screenshot_20200412-205715.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”