SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
tjmurphy

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by tjmurphy »

Here are a couple of sweet little guys that were abandoned at my house about 15-months ago. Lady (5-years old) is the black and white and Diesel (3-years old) is the brindle. American Pit Bull Terriers.
Pits.jpg
Pits.jpg (48.44 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Unk: A mighty handsome dog. Would you kindly confirm the breed for me?
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Hi Quick Steel,

His mom and pop are registered German Shepherds, and are standard black and tan colored, although "Texas Sized". But I suspect he has some malamute in him. The litter he came from were 5 black and tan, 1 silver wolf mask, and Joshka.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Molly, the little B/W adoptee and Bonni are getting used to one another.

Charlie
Attachments
BonniMollyII.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congrats on the new family member. Both of them look well designed for some serious lap time.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

West Highland Terriers are not typically lap dogs, but Bonni is an exception. However, it is done on her schedule, not ours.

Molly, on the other hand, will sleep in our laps for an hour or more. She is an attention hound, maybe because she was so ill-treated previously.

She is the dancingnest dog I have ever known. Pounds the floor with her forepaws and dances around, twisting and turning and flapping those ears. :lol:

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Finally stumbled on to the picture. Hardscrabble My Happiness was a year old Bull Terrier. Only kept her for about six months before selling her to a fella in Kentucky. She was full of pep and energy, we both worked and couldn't care for her properly. She had to stay in the laundry room behind the garage while we were at work and she got bored. She chewed the power cord off the washing machine and dryer TWICE EACH while they were plugged in. ::facepalm:: This was about 1978/1979.
Attachments
Happy (Hardscrabble My Happiness).jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Bull Terriers are a breed apart.

I remember a story in our American Lit book in school about a family and their Bull Terrier. He did all kinds of crazy things, including dragging home a full sized man hole cover.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Hope you don't mind if I show you someone else's pet. A good friend notified me that the vet is coming out to her country house today to release her dear Amber from this life. Amber wandered on to her Texas property about six years ago at the estimated age of eight years. So she is about 14 today which is pretty good for a 70 lb. dog. Amber, in her prime was a beautiful dog. Her best buddy Angel is going to miss her big time.
amber.jpg
angel-amber.jpg
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Personally don't mind at all Garry. Nice that she took Amber in and I am sure gave her a good life. My sympathies to your friend. One of the harder thing in life to do, in my opinion, at least for me.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks Jerry. She had wonderful care. My friend takes great care of her animals including several horses.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

My wife and I rescued a Lhasa Apso who's owner had died unexpectedly. His name was Justin and he grieved for 6 months until he became part of our little pack of Lhasas.

He was part of our family for about 5 years when he had had to be put down. Justin's previous owner had been a woman so he really took to my wife. It was hard for her when we had to put him down.

Our first Lhasa, Gus, will be 13 this October. He has heart problems, is blind in his left eye and can't see much with his right eye. He also has arthritis. I dread the time when we have to put him down. We got him as a puppy right after I retired. He is more like a kid than a pet.

It is tough to lose our dogs, they enrich our lives so much that it leaves a big hole in our lives when they are gone.

Left to right: Gus, Josi & Sami in June of 2016
Gus sired one litter and Josi & Sami are from that litter. They will both be 11 in August.
Gus Josi & Sami summer 2016.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Dale, tough is right. There are a few things in life tougher, but not many. Our pets give us so much and ask for so little in return.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote:Finally stumbled on to the picture. Hardscrabble My Happiness was a year old Bull Terrier. Only kept her for about six months before selling her to a fella in Kentucky. She was full of pep and energy, we both worked and couldn't care for her properly. She had to stay in the laundry room behind the garage while we were at work and she got bored. She chewed the power cord off the washing machine and dryer TWICE EACH while they were plugged in. ::facepalm:: This was about 1978/1979.
..........jerry, it looks a lot like WILLIE!!!!............. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ............................
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

We don't need no stinking birds! :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (56.95 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Couldn't resist posting this picture of my lab Mazie's grandfather. You shoot it, he'll get it!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

That's a good lookin' dog Ken! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:We don't need no stinking birds! :lol:

image.jpeg

Couldn't resist posting this picture of my lab Mazie's grandfather. You shoot it, he'll get it!

Ken
Kool!! One of the beagles we run will retrieve also.. Makes it a little easier!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

New family member! This is Mandie. ::super_happy::
image.jpeg
Picked her up from the breeder/trainer Tuesday. She's a started gun dog, already trained but she's spent all her life to date living at the kennel where she was born. So she's adjusting to living with us. Everything's a new experience (don't think she'd ever been inside a home before) so it's been fun watching her get settled in at our place. Had a couple of good sessions working with her since getting home.

As you'd expect from a lab, she's nuts about water - tried to get in the bucket! :lol:

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congratulations. She is a looker. And even in a photo you can see the energy and intelligence in her face and eyes. May you both enjoy long years afield.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thanks. Real pleased with her so far, and my other young dog. At my age, probably the last dogs I'll ever need. My oldest grandson will soon be 12 years old, so time to get him started working with the dogs!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Great looking HAPPY dogs. ::tu::
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Mazie has found a new friend. Or at least she thinks so. The friend wasn't too interested. :lol:

Ken
Attachments
IMG_20150606_100412.jpg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

DSC02205.JPG
DSC03928.JPG
Brother and sister.. John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Some good looking critters and interesting pics Gents.

Nikki had a surgery again to remove some massive but benign fatty tumors yesterday. Had this done previous about 18 months ago. We leave them alone until they cause pain, discomfort or impact to her mobility. These were causing the latter of those. She had a sub muscle tumor on front passenger side that was huge when he dug it out. Also one in her haunch web where the torso meets the back leg, about the size of a softball.

Poor old girl is beat up from the feet up today. Some pretty huge incisions and these are just 2 of the 4 incisions. Need her ready for what may be her last bird season. This dog lives for the sound of a shotgun.

Thankfully, my Vet does his profession for the love of animals, not to make his car payment.

Jerry
Attachments
Beat Up old dog.jpg
Front Passenger Side.jpg
Mid Drivers Side closeup.jpg
Front Passenger Side closeup.jpg
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Bull Terriers are a breed apart.

I remember a story in our American Lit book in school about a family and their Bull Terrier. He did all kinds of crazy things, including dragging home a full sized man hole cover.

Charlie
That's incredible. Manhole covers are very heavy, enough to take your fingers off if you let it fall shut. I wonder how the dog managed that. The lid must have already been off, no way the dog would have been able to get it otherwise.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”