YOUR USER NAME

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Dan In MI

Re: YOUR USER NAME

Post by Dan In MI »

My preferred form of address is Dan, and MI is the common abbreviation for the state I live in.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Welcome Dan!!! Glad to have.you aboard! :)
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Thankgod4rkids goes back 19 or 20 years when I needed a username for something. My wife thought it up and I've used it ever since. We had 4 kids at the time ended up with 5 so my wife uses Luvr5kids.
Bill
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 am Thankgod4rkids goes back 19 or 20 years when I needed a username for something. My wife thought it up and I've used it ever since. We had 4 kids at the time ended up with 5 so my wife uses Luvr5kids.
Bill
I've always read that as "Thank God for kids"
Scripture says kids are a gift from God and blessed is the man whose quiver is full (context meaning has many kids).
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Steve Warden wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:25 am
thankgod4rkids wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 am Thankgod4rkids goes back 19 or 20 years when I needed a username for something. My wife thought it up and I've used it ever since. We had 4 kids at the time ended up with 5 so my wife uses Luvr5kids.
Bill
I've always read that as "Thank God for kids"
Scripture says kids are a gift from God and blessed is the man whose quiver is full (context meaning has many kids).
Amen to dat.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

I’m a volunteer engineer at a local maritime museum, working the engine room of one of our steam vessels (The Medea). My last name is Williams. One of my crew mates got wise one day and slapped that tag on me, referencing the Mickey Mouse cartoon of the same name. Worn it with pride ever since!
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

That name sure is cool..... Willie.
Thanks for sharing!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

My name is Ken Gold, back in 1967 Cars stated to come to Australia fitted with Air Conditioning.
Back then, all the cars with Air Conditioning were the Top of the Range. [Rolls-Royce, Cadillac, Lincoin etc]
As a young Motor Mechanic, I saw the opportunity to own my own Gold Mine - Cold Gold Auto Air.
When I joined eBay Cold Gold was taken - using the "K" from my first name, Koldgold became my user name. Ken.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
A.A.P.N. # 5197: Member of Australian & U.S Blade Forums...KEN -
I collect Schrade knives - made in the U.S.A.- I like the 8OT
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

koldgold wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:22 pm My name is Ken Gold, back in 1967 Cars stated to come to Australia fitted with Air Conditioning.
Back then, all the cars with Air Conditioning were the Top of the Range. [Rolls-Royce, Cadillac, Lincoin etc]
As a young Motor Mechanic, I saw the opportunity to own my own Gold Mine - Cold Gold Auto Air.
When I joined eBay Cold Gold was taken - using the "K" from my first name, Koldgold became my user name. Ken.
Clever. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"Kootenay Joe" is the name of a mountain ridge, elevation 7400 feet, that is directly above my rural property (elevation 2200 feet) that i recently sold after 42 years there.
At night the cool alpine air comes off the ridge and descends the 5,200 vertical feet through the wilderness bush and then comes in through the bedroom window. The trees add 'something' to this downdraft that makes the air so refreshing and calming.
I chose the name Kootenay Joe in honor of this alpine ridge and the 'sparkling' air it sent me every night.
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

From you description I can almost feel the coolness and smell the freshness. ::nod::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:35 pm When I 1st saw your user name several years ago, I figured the 110 was in reference to the iconic Buck knife. David, you do have a 110, don't you? ::watching_you::
Treefarmer
That's what I thought as well. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Mine is because I did a lot of study and research on Quantrill's Missouri guerrillas.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

MissouriGuerrilla wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:00 am Mine is because I did a lot of study and research on Quantrill's Missouri guerrillas.
Awesome! Although, it is not forgotten so much in your area, I doubt that the vast majority of Americans were taught, or know of, the bitter Missouri/Kansas friction in Civil War times. Sports fans may know they hate each other on the field or court but don't know that it stretches back 160 years.
BTW, welcome to AAPK
Ike
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Thanks, Waukonda!
I have a website of some of my research if you or anyone else is interested. It's the research I did for a project in northwest Arkansas where I found a lot of Border war individuals including Quantrill men there. I also donated a huge collection to the Bates County (Mo.) Historical Society and Museum in Butler, Missouri. Here is the site:

https://rlshhm.wixsite.com/qscrjosephines

I got be good friends with a lot of Quantrill / border researchers in and around the Kansas City area.
JackWhite

Post by JackWhite »

Well, I got lucky (in a way), so this is actually my real name, and also someone can associate me with a White Stripes guitarist :D Good combination between life and fiction.
Faded

Post by Faded »

Mine refers to what time and use does. Whether it be knives, jeans, or our senses — everything fades. It’s also slang for what happens when I imbibe a little too much; there’s layers to my neurosis.
Faded

Post by Faded »

JackWhite wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:55 am Well, I got lucky (in a way), so this is actually my real name, and also someone can associate me with a White Stripes guitarist :D Good combination between life and fiction.
I’ve seen your doppelgänger perform three times and definitely associate you with him. Man puts on a great show!
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:28 pm
Captain O wrote:It is my "alter ego". I have copyrighted a costumed character named Captain Obvious. (Yes, it is registered with the Federal Government). I have owned it since February 11, 2011.

I have been Captain O ever since. ::tu::
Is that the same Captain Obvious in the Hotels.com TV commercials?
No, if I had a disc drive, I could post my costumed picture on the Forum. (The lens on the camera might break)!
LibertyKeeper

Post by LibertyKeeper »

Mine represents my politics
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

LibertyKeeper wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:58 pm Mine represents my politics
Your avatar speaks to that. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Missouri Guerrilla, I just visited your referenced website. I am in awe of the endeavor you undertook compiling all that information. Your historical focus on a little known but significant aspect of those bloody days is of great value. Congratulations on a task so very well done. It is quite an accomplishment. ::handshake::
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

Rdubya comes from my initials . Randy Williams . It started at work because one of the bosses had a brother named Randy and they did not get along . He said I gotta call you something else cause every time I say Randy I get pissed off and…long rant would follow . So I started getting called RW , and over time it would be said Rdub or Rdubya , after 40 years , it’s stuck . The number is whatever year I join a site .
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

I chose the name Camillus because of the history of the knife making company and the knives that I collect.
Double W knives

Post by Double W knives »

My user name comes from a combination of the first initial of my last name (Williams) and the first initial of my wife's maiden name (Weston), hence Double W.

It's also the brand we use on our cattle WW

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”