YOUR USER NAME

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Kingston73

Re: YOUR USER NAME

Post by Kingston73 »

gypsy jim wrote:My name is Jimmy and the best black lab it was my pleasure to own was Gypsy. She's been gone a long time now. I'll always have dogs but she was the one. I think all dog lovers have "the one" at some point.
Mines also dog related, Kingston was the best dog I ever had and probably ever will have. 73 is my birth year.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Because I'm tall, have lots of hair, and big feet the nickname Bigfoot has been with me for a long time. It was my handle on the CB radio until too many others started using it and that's when I changed it to Sasquatch. Then when trying to use it as a screen name it was already in use so I dropped the "T" and it was accepted. Since then I have found out the Sasquach is considered a proper spelling of the name. Being a Native American word it can be found historically spelled both ways. So that's how I got my user name.
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

I just thought mine up and didn't notice the shouting until I clicked submit.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

It's from my email that they made for me when I got this phone.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

JACK OF ALL TIRADES wrote:I just thought mine up and didn't notice the shouting until I clicked submit.
So it's supposed to be "TIRADES" and not 'TRADES"? Clever.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Clever would have been picking up knives before now, but thanks
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

JACK OF ALL TIRADES wrote:I just thought mine up and didn't notice the shouting until I clicked submit.
I think that is what the call a Freudian slip. I just figured you were like a lot of crotchety old men. A good tirade is one of my favorite activities!
Mel
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

WHO YOU CALLIN CROTCHETY ? ::paranoid::
BatJak

Post by BatJak »

Any John Wayne fans?

Wayne and producer Robert Fellows founded Batjac in 1952 as Wayne/Fellows Productions. When Fellows left the company several years later, Wayne renamed the corporation after a fictitious trading company mentioned in the film Wake of the Red Witch (1948). The company name in Wake of the Red Witch was spelled Batjak, but Wayne's secretary misspelled it as Batjac on the corporation papers, and Wayne let it stand.
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

I enjoyed reading through this thread. So, in an effort to keep it going....
In high school I had a tough, but decent, math teacher who used the writing of “lines” as a consequence of transgressions. He had three sentences that covered most sins:
1. Neither wise men nor fools can work without tools.
2. Procrastination is a thief of time.
3. Empty vessels make the most noise.

I became skilled at speed writing #3.....

My avatar/username is a combo of #3 and my other hobby of remote control sailboat racing.
1F38C523-280E-420E-819B-E1481DB55A0D.jpeg
For what it’s worth, I remain,
MT-Vessel
Empty vessels make the most noise...
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

The Lansky sharpening system singlehandedly got me (really) into knife collecting. Like most, I used to do ok sharpening freehand, but after I got a Lansky, the perfect edge that it produces was the catalyst that really enabled me to get into pocket knives. I don't really collect, I use everything I have, so keeping them all scary sharp is a priority for me & the Lansky does a fantastic job of it...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

For me, i have so many different accounts on different sites out in the web. I kind of ran out of names by the time i got here. So i picked WillyCamaro because my name is William/Nickname Willy, and my all time favorite car is, THE, 1969 CAMARO 350 Z/28 ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: And if any one added the full SS/RS package to it, then i'll die and go to car heaven!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
8)
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

First let me state I would change mine since this is only my second post, but it appears that is not allowed. So.....I tried a bunch of variations on my first name, Mike, and my last name and combos. Every one I tried was taken :(
I'm not good at picking user names. Never come up with anything cool 8) So while I was pondering this sorry state of affairs, one of my favorite Skynyrd songs came on, "Call me the Breeze". Yeah, the power of suggestion ::facepalm::
So I guess just call me Breeze :roll: :D
Mike
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That's cool. (get it? Cool Breeze.) So I'm just gonna call you Cool, not Breeze and not Mike, just Cool. Somebody get me outta here before I really embarrass myself. ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

A brief version. My family came from a country town and through a family member i was able to spend my school holidays on a dairy farm. It was there that i was taught to hunt and given my first knife. This started my love affair with knives, and the farm was at a very small place called CUDGEE, so i thought this was a good name to use. ::hmm::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Nothing mysterious about mine, it's my initials and the numbers were part of a set of numbers I used in the Navy. I really wish I could change mine like someone else said earlier.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

When I 1st saw your user name several years ago, I figured the 110 was in reference to the iconic Buck knife. David, you do have a 110, don't you? ::watching_you::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

treefarmer wrote:When I 1st saw your user name several years ago, I figured the 110 was in reference to the iconic Buck knife. David, you do have a 110, don't you? ::watching_you::
Treefarmer
::dang:: I hadn't thought of that, it must have went right over my dumb head. :lol: Yes sir I have a rather nice one, but the brass needs to be cleaned up some. It is a 1981 - 1986 model. I was at a flea market a couple of years ago and I saw it on a guys table. He wasn't there and a "friend" was watching his things. When I ask how much he couldn't tell me so I offered $30. He took my offer and I took my knife. Not sure if those two are still friends. ::shrug::
IMG_20190831_091600.jpg
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Hey Dave, my 110 looks to be about the same as yours. There are a couple of very clueless guys out in Cloverdale who are selling knives by the bucketful. I think they are airport confiscations. I got the Buck for $5 :mrgreen:
I got a very nice little Case for $2.50, the same model going on the Bay for between $90-$106. ::ds::
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

zoogirl wrote:Hey Dave, my 110 looks to be about the same as yours. There are a couple of very clueless guys out in Cloverdale who are selling knives by the bucketful. I think they are airport confiscations. I got the Buck for $5 :mrgreen:
I got a very nice little Case for $2.50, the same model going on the Bay for between $90-$106. ::ds::
I think you're right! When I worked at DFW International Airport I heard of the same thing happening from the contract company that picked them up once a quarter.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

jerryd6818 wrote:That's cool. (get it? Cool Breeze.) So I'm just gonna call you Cool, not Breeze and not Mike, just Cool. Somebody get me outta here before I really embarrass myself. ::facepalm::
8) ::woot:: ::tu::
Mike
Scale Military

Post by Scale Military »

Hi all, my username is because I like to build scale military vehicles, AFV's ect. Here are some photo's of the stuff I've built.
Attachments
DSCN0334.JPG
DSCN0332.JPG
DSCN0725 (1).JPG
William C. Westmoreland "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
George S. Patton Jr. "Live for something rather than die for nothing."
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I was Army Armor Branch. In my era we were using M-60A1s. A very good tank in its day. It had a commander's cupola which was very useful but that feature was dropped from the Abrams to lower the profile. Do you concentrate on WWII armor or other periods as well?
Scale Military

Post by Scale Military »

Hi quick steel, I mostly am focused on WWII, but will build the odd modern armor piece.
William C. Westmoreland "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
George S. Patton Jr. "Live for something rather than die for nothing."
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Scale Military wrote:Hi all, my username is because I like to build scale military vehicles, AFV's ect. Here are some photo's of the stuff I've built.
.....photo #2 looks like a WW2 german tiger tank??????................. ::hmm:: .....................

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”