First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
bighomer

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡59 at daybreak heading to the low 80's later this afternoon, didn’t make it to the diner yestiddy. We had 2.5 inches of rain Saturday night. I was afraid it would hang around yestiddy and stop my little construction job but it didn't. Matter of fact made for a perfect day as the 🌡was in the 70's till late afternoon.
Outside critters are fed, Sissy has a appointment at the vets so we are gonna get breakfast out this morning.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
PS I like fries dip in miracle whip, and I've had taterchip samidges before (with said condiment) so all is good with me cudgee . ::tu::
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
59 degrees with haze this morning. Today promises to be near perfect weather with low humidity, which is unheard of this time of year. The bride and I have been watching the hummingbirds at our feeders this morning. They are very territorial and perform aero acrobatics that are amazing. Today yard maintenance is the order of the day along with a trip to the credit union. Yes, I know we can do most banking on line, but we enjoy visiting with the long time employees and it gives us a reason to get out. Time to get busy with my routine morning walk. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Whoopy another Monday.
Not as hot as it will get but plenty hot out there.
Need to work on the truck brakes but no shade out there.
Coffee was ok.
S'all I got.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open for business, pull up a stool and grab a coffee, hope everyone is well. Been watching the olympics, looks like America has unearthed a couple of stars of the future in athletics, and my favorite sports person of all time competed today in the heats of the woman's 400 metres. Allyson Felix is a genuine super star and just the most nicest and humble person, not like a lot of champions who think that the ego goes with the territory. Been doing some final touches to my re designed sharpener, hopefully will have it up and running tomorrow our time. Have a good one and enjoy your first coffee. :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy, 65-86 and hazy again today. Off to work. Later.
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', cudgee, David and the rest of the crew.
Light rain came to us yesterday afternoon and evening, appears to be more on the way for today. Got a large portion of the yards mowed by noon, showered and after dinner and a nap worked on a batch of pickled peppers. Successful day in my estimation. Heading out for men's prayer meeting at 6: am. Got the coffee ready to make so all Miss Joy needs to do when she wakes up is close the lid and push the button. Be back in an hour to enjoy that 1st cup. ::tu::
Y'all have a good day, it's a special day to me, it was my favorite uncle's birthday, Lon Bellamy, born August 3, 1900, went to be with the Lord in 1980.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I have already done my run-through in the shower and I am ready for our Tuesday mornin' devotional breakfast. The Bride is off to some sort of get-together in San Antonio so my visiting son from Seattle and I are batching.
Hope you all have a fine day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Lots of praying/devotions going on today. I'm just going off to work. We got son's house roof all torn off except for a spot under a back upper floor deck over his back porch. I'm glad that's over because it was brutal work. Today we put on the metal on what we tore off yesterday. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone,well it’s been busy here this morning,everyone is hard at it. Am getting that first cup in ,moving a little slow at the moment .
Have a little grading job to take care of today ,it was done once by another outfit but the water is running towards the new shop and they never finished grading before they pulled out,so off we go to push some dirt around so he can get good run off and then seed . Then check to see if new tire is mounted so can get Motorcycle back together and give it a little road test before heading West Saturday . Sounds like everyone is doing well,you all take care and have a good one .
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
If you've read my post in The Upper Room you know we lost a dear family friend yesterday so things are kind of somber around here.
To loose someone is inevitable in the course of ours lives, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier to bare when it comes.
Enjoy your day and be a blessing to someone before it's too late.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡60 at 6:30 a.m.when I arose from my slumber, should hit mid 80's by afternoon.
Critters are fed and the dishes are warshed.
Hummers are wearing me out.
Got some cleaning up type yard work to do, best get busy I reckon.
Condolences Dir on the passing of your friend. I've had several work buddies pass this year and several good friends and neighbors. It's tough but we are at that age when we can be called home at anytime.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Happy Tuesday Folks.
Got propane today so that's why I'm late.
MAY go out and work on the truck but that ain't the way the smart money bets.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

howdy friends, 66-87 and hazy again today. Coffee seems to be working so its time to headoff for work. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the folks here in the FCD. May try to get out and fish a little this morning. Other than that, it is pretty much pete and repeat here.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Thanks for opening up Ray, for all my fellow American diners, a few days ago i said you had a star on the horizon, well she just did her first orbit of the planet. She is in rarefied air already. Today at 20 years of age, she won the 400 meters hurdle at Tokyo, breaking the world record, world records are rarely broken in athletics at olympic games,and 5 woman who finished behind her all had personal bests, and her team mate who ran second also broke the old record, you just don't see results like that in one race. Sydney McLaughlan, she is such a talent. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Not much new to speak of here so I'm off to work again. Have a great Wednesday.____Dave
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Morning all - big old rain cloud chugging up the eastern seaboard looks like it will miss us :(

I started a project that’s starting to gain momentum. My dad left me about 30 trays of slides that I’m digitizing, cataloguing and then archiving to the cloud to be shared at Christmas with my brother and sister. Good walk down memory lane and the legacy preservation works as my motivator. I’m using my Nikon D40 SLR and it works perfectly with the right adaptors. Slow and steady will get this project done hopefully by Labor Day.

Happy Wednesday!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning All, got the Camel and coffee going ,sitting here watching the birds feed . Should get the Hummers some fresh water ,there’s been a couple of fueds going on at there watering hole. For a little thing they sure get aggressive with each other,very territorial been told . Didn’t make it too get tire from shop yesterday as got busy with other things,so will get that and get back on and go for a little cruise out around lake wissota . Not sure what else will happen today just going with flow .
You all have a good one ,stay safe .
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
This morning there was a yellow looking sky that soon changed to a normal gray overcast sky. Yesterday our high was only 86 degrees, the sun came through the clouds as the sun was about to set. This morning's rain appears to be out in the Gulf moving east, so far. We'll know tomorrow what the weather was for today. :)
Got a 6 month tooth cleaning this morning at 8 am. Maybe I can finish my mowing when I get back from the dentist. Got some venison and pork thawing out for Thursday's work day, hope to turn it into some patty sausage. Miss Joy's helper will come on Friday this week as we will turn her kitchen into a meat work shop for a few hours tomorrow.
JP, watching the hummers is always a delight. We try to change their feed every week in this heat.
Coffee is ready, y'all have a wonderful "hump day"!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all!
Looks to be a typical summer day here, mid 80’s, possible showers late today. But flowers need watered in case that doesn’t happen. Nothing special planned today.
I need to quit listening to the local obits, seems half are younger than me and too many that have been friends at some point in my life.
Tom, I wish I had done something with the color slides that my Mother had from our many trips when I was a kid. Especially the ones of Panama.
Need that second cuppa
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Louisville.Boy1947

Good Morning Everyone,
67 degrees with delightful weather again today. This weather has been a rare treat for in the Ohio valley. Normally we have mid to high 90 with excessive humidity. Tomorrow the annual 127 Highway yard sale begins. The bride and I will be out trying to find some winter projects to keep us busy in January and February. Of course I will be on the watch for any reasonably priced and interesting pocket knives, but in the past there have few knives to be found. Time to get the hummingbird feeders changed this morning, sunlight is burning ! Everyone stay safe and healthy.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Louisville.Boy1947 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:05 pm Good Morning Everyone,
67 degrees with delightful weather again today. This weather has been a rare treat for in the Ohio valley. Normally we have mid to high 90 with excessive humidity. Tomorrow the annual 127 Highway yard sale begins. The bride and I will be out trying to find some winter projects to keep us busy in January and February. Of course I will be on the watch for any reasonably priced and interesting pocket knives, but in the past there have few knives to be found. Time to get the hummingbird feeders changed this morning, sunlight is burning ! Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Where do you search for your pocket knives.?
Louisville.Boy1947

cudgee wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:12 pm
Louisville.Boy1947 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:05 pm Good Morning Everyone,
Where do you search for your pocket knives.?
This is an annual event that runs for 4 days with vendors and just good old boys setting up along the highway (US 127) that runs for several hundred miles through several states. You may find a church that rents out space on their property or a farmer that has an open field for parking and vendors. You never know who or what will be there. I have in the last found a lot of collectible/antique hand planes/tools, but very few knives. I will generally start in Frankfort, KY and head south on US127 until the heat wears us out. Do you have anything similar down under?
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 nice 60 deg. at 5 a.m.mid to upper 80's by afternoon sez pretty little Nikki Dee
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away. I fill my hummer feeders every day and sometimes twice per day, I go through 10 lbs. of suger per week. If hummers were as big as turkeys with their disposition they would rule the world.
Yardwork continues, got a lot done the last couple of days, enjoyed the cooler temperatures. Heat and humidity is returning for the rest of the week so my vigor for outdoor activities will diminish accordingly. Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there.
Attachments
20210801_091957.jpg
20210801_091952.jpg
20210801_090602.jpg
20210801_090541.jpg
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Came home, jacked up the leaky back wheel, ordered the parts and read a while.
Coffee was pretty good.
Got a bit over 6 hours at work it being Marquee day.
Darn it have to start wearing a mask at work tomorrow.
Seems to be a liability thing more than anything else.
Power blipped again. Entergy is the worse power provider I've ever seen.
And that is saying something.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”