First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Papa Bones »

Good Thursday morning all. Hope everyone has a blessed day. Not much on the agenda for me today, although I do need to straighten my shop up. Haul some cardboard to recycling, and need to get my ears lowered, but may wait till tomorrow on that.
treefarmer wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:42 am This morning it feels like a fall morning, can you believe 65 degrees and a 78% humidity reading? ::hmm::
Treefarmer, it was 61 up hear in NE 'Bama earlier this morning, and doesn't feel like hardly any humidity. Unusual for here in the south. I don't know, maybe Mama Nature gonna give us a break or maybe she gonna save up and hit us hard in August when we usually have humidity so high, it's air you can wear. Again, everybody have a great day, and be safe!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Tried to rain last night, nope, a few thunder boomers, about 30 drops on the deck. Street side of house nuthin.
Got some house cleaning done yesterday, brushed another pile of fur out of the dog and listed a few more knives.
More 90’s weather today. Some towns are starting to restrict water usage. Seldom that happens around here. At least it isn’t California.
Need to give my sis out there a call and see how she is managing the heat there.
Work at the shop today.
Be good humans
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡61 heading up to low 90's, humidity is supposed to go up also, the past couple of days we had cool breezes and low humidity sure been nice, but all good things come to a end.
The critters are all fed and the dishes warshed.
Got to get busy and get some stuff done around the ole deck that was around the bosses ole redneck swimming pool, our nephew is coming Saturday weather permitting to tear old one down and build a new one.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I get my hair cut on SS payday (yesterday), that way I don't forget. My weekly lunch with my buds today at Sam's just up the street. I think I'll have an Italian Sausage sandwich today.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
I think Summer is here in my part of Texas.
When I went to leave work the key didn't work the ignition in the Burb.
Finally it did, but when I got home it was a problem again for a few seconds.
Got two boxes of MB and HW cars in the package.
Some really cool stuff.
If the Burb starts I'm going to the Post Office and to get a box of pennies.
Looking for the magic penny!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thunderstorm blew in here about 0300 and now it's raining off and on. Tried crawling back in the rack after my head call but the racket Ma Nature was making wouldn't let me slip back into dreamland. Maybe it will settle down in a bit. Headed for the mid-90's during the daylight hours.

Cubs scored 2 in the first inning of the last game in a 4 game series with the Mets. Surprisingly it held up and they salvaged one out of that thumping the Mets delivered. Brewers lost their 4th in a row so the Cubs are back in 1st place in the Central Division. ::ds:: Marlins are coming to town for three. Here's hoping the Cubs can sweep 'em. They're going to need that cushion to finish out June in 1st place.

G'day all.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning Jerry and crew. 76-98 sunny and hot. Off to work later
David
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning everyone. Hope you are having a good week, not much happening here, just did some work on a sharpening project i am doing today, enjoy your coffee everyone. Where's Ann ?
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. I am gonna grab a go cup and then take off to the fishin' hole. It'll be a short time at the tank (pond) due to the hot weather.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
It's a bit overcast this morning, 71 degrees with 83% humidity. Looks like folks are getting ready for some wet weather here along the Gulf Coast, they aren't sure where the storm will come ashore.
Nothing on the agenda for today. When I watered the raised beds yesterday morning, I noticed some Bell peppers are almost big enough to stuff. That's always an excellent meal to look forward to! ::nod::
I heard the coffee maker finishing up this morning's pot so it won't be long, we'll officially start the morning!
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning All,and it’s a Friday for all of you who still deal with punching a time clock. We finally got some much needed rain early this a.m. ,now it’s so steamy out there the windows are fogged up.
Jerry ,the Brewers are blowing it, not sure they’re going anywhere this year,. Might have to support your Cubs !
Ray, have fun at the fishing hole,what do you like to catch ?
Cudgee, how’s it going over there my friend, what’s the sharpening project you are workin on ?
Pretty quiet here today, to wet to work in the yard ,so will grab another cup o coffee and meander around the forum for a bit. Then off to Cowboy Jacks to meet up with a friend for early lunch. Then will see about maybe a motorcycle ride down to Alma or Lacrosse for the heck of it.
You all have a great day,catch you later .
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. No rain up here and we sure could use a little. No gully washers needed though, just a nice gentle over night rain would be perfect. Yeah, as cudgee mentioned, Ann has been hiding somewhere lately. Hope she's OK. I'm off to do some drywall taping and biding time before tomorrow's knife club meeting. Have a great Friday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Nothing but hot around here. I need to mow again, but I think I will wait until very early tomorrow morning.
Getting ready for another trip. Going to meet my brother and his wife in East Texas at Lake Sam Rayburn. We have access to a cabin on the eastern shore and we will spend the week there. I just hope it's not raining like the last road trip we took a few weeks ago. Lots of antique shops in the area, hope to find a bucket load of knives.
Staying in and staying cool today. Everyone have a blessed Friday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡70's now 90's later.
Critters fed and the dishes warshed, new wild cat this morning. Don't know where Blackie is. Bright eyes ain't been around for a while now.
20210618_075500.jpg
I'll just call this'un ole yeller.
Buddy's day at Hooters, and more yard work this afternoon.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

bighomer wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:15 pm Morning folks, 🌡70's now 90's later.
Critters fed and the dishes warshed, new wild cat this morning. Don't know where Blackie is. Bright eyes ain't been around for a while now. 20210618_075500.jpg
I'll just call this'un ole yeller.
Buddy's day at Hooters, and more yard work this afternoon.
Hey,, looks like my Booger! If he has tufted ears and one has a notch in it, he may have been reincarnated up there. Sure do miss him.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good Morning Folks.
Coffee was pretty good.
A little over 5 hours at work.
Pennies to do.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:53 am Morning All,and it’s a Friday for all of you who still deal with punching a time clock. We finally got some much needed rain early this a.m. ,now it’s so steamy out there the windows are fogged up.
Jerry ,the Brewers are blowing it, not sure they’re going anywhere this year,. Might have to support your Cubs !
Ray, have fun at the fishing hole,what do you like to catch ?
Cudgee, how’s it going over there my friend, what’s the sharpening project you are workin on ?
Pretty quiet here today, to wet to work in the yard ,so will grab another cup o coffee and meander around the forum for a bit. Then off to Cowboy Jacks to meet up with a friend for early lunch. Then will see about maybe a motorcycle ride down to Alma or Lacrosse for the heck of it.
You all have a great day,catch you later .
G,day mate, i am fine over here thanks for asking, it's been cold, but not like some of the extremes you can get over there. My sharpening project, ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: , i have a great love of sharpening, always have had since i was a kid given my first knife, i used to have a sharpening business on the side many years ago. A few years ago i had an operation on my dominant hand, the right, since then and as i have gotten older i have lost some of the dexterity in my hand, it is okay, just can't get the feel i used to be able to get freehand. So i decided to try some guided sharpers, just cheap ones to see what worked for me, or more importantly did not work, i narrowed it down to 2, but they are expensive, especially over here, so i have always been creative and been able to think around issues, decided to make my own. I am not rushing, taking my time, which is giving me something to do since we have been in lockdown and as my Dad used to say, do it once and do it properly. I have re-jigged my plans as i have gone along for what i think will be a better result. Just waiting on some parts to arrive, but i think it will be a really good unit. These are the costs in US dollars, the 2 i was looking at were between $270 and $172, the one i am making will cost me $56 or $37 depending on which way i decide to go, if it does not work we will go back to the drawing board, hope you and you lovely wife are well, and you have a good weekend. ::tu:: ::handshake::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin everyone! 77-96 and sunny. Enjoying the coffee. Happy trails!
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Had a dream that my granddaughter had a girl and I named her Lydia Ann. I wonder where that came from.

Last day in the 90's for a while (according to the weather guessers). Everyone be copacetic.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I'm off to Mpls. for the NSBC meeting. I haven't talked to anyone from the club except JP(Ripster) so I'm hoping we won't be sitting alone in the parking lot wondering where everybody is. This is our minister's last weekend as our pastor so tomorrow will be a full day of saying goodbye. They are retiring and staying in the area so we will see some of them yet and he is going to fill in sometimes until we get another minister so that will make it a little easier. I gotta shower and run so, have a great weekend. I hope to be showing off something tonight in Knife Finds of the Day.____Dave
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Supposed to get a tad wet today, so we'll probably just hunker down here at the homestead.
:roll:

Can't think of nothin' else worthwhile . . . yawl have a grand day
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. Another hot day with no chance of rain, according to the prognosticators. I have a good, hot cup coolin on the desk and I have oldies country music playin on the desk top. What more could an old guy want? Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning , up and at it ,burning daylight . Another beauty of a day here ,getting ready to head over to the twin cities to meet up with the North Star knife club folks. Wife is heading to the Farmers market,says she’ll bring home some cheese curds ,so will get my weekly fix of those.
Cudgee, that’s a interesting thing your sharpening skills,it’s one thing I am not very good at . Can get a okay edge,but not like some of you all can do.
Let us know how it works out for you. It sure is something how as we age,we have to adapt to doing things different. You stay safe and warm over there ::tu::
Well fellow knifers,that’s it here in the Chippewa Valley on my end,May your weekend be a good one and get out and enjoy !
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good to see the lights on as i was passing, thought i would call in for coffee and say g,day. Hope you all had a good week and have a good weekend planned. Take care and keep safe. :)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Cloudy this morning again. Tropical storm Claudette is going ashore way west of us but like Chris, we will probably see lots of rain showers for a while. At this moment there is rain west, north and east of us. The radar shows us to be between rain bands.
Have a home health nurse coming to check on me today, that seems like a waste this late in the game. ::hmm::
Yesterday I got my old truck out from under the shed and pulled it into the front yard. 2nd time it has cranked up since March 30. Miss Joy drove me up to the farm store and I got a can of gas for the lawnmower. There were a bunch of folks filling gas cans, I suppose they were either folks with yard services or people getting ready for the storm. Probably all the milk and bread has been sold! Down below us, Bay County was offering sand for people to make sand bags. Usually they provide the bags but this time folks had to find their own bags and bring their own shovels. :roll: People and the gov't all go nuts together. ::nod::
Y'all have a wonderful Saturday. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”