SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHOW US YOUR PETS!!!

Post by Mumbleypeg »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Molly, our rescue, after a haircut today.

She spends most of her day on the back of the sofa in the den.

Charlie Noyes
Charlie! Where's Molly's picture?

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Back there, on the previous page.

It's lying on its side, but it is there.
Promise.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I swear it wasn't there earlier - I think you went back and slipped it in! (Or I'm going batty!) ::paranoid:: She's a real cutie!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That’s quite a dog house. I know some little girls that would love that for a play house.
Here is one of my three dogs. The only female we have now. Had to put a 14 year old Rottweiler Shepherd down a couple years ago. This one is Maddy. She was another rescue dog for us. Had her DNA tested and she is a big mixture of mutt. But dominant traits of a boxer. She literally does box the other dogs, punches at them w/ a paw. She threw them all off when she was a pup by constantly trying to bite the back of their hind legs. She has great instincts. When she first played with our other dogs she would cover her back side by being against a bush or tree so she couldn’t be outflanked. Really smart. Had battle tactics built into her DNA.
Top photo was from Sunday, just chillen out.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_4654.jpeg
IMG_3499.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Maddy strikes me as having a large helping of Staffordshire Terrier in her blood line. Just an impression.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

SSk, she looks a lot like my dog. Jesse has too much energy for this old man but she scares the neighbors so that is good. I'm with QS, a lot of mutt mix but definitely some Staffordshire terrier. It was my son's dog, when they moved we inherited her. She has a crazy mix of blue and brown eyes. ::tu::
Jesse
Jesse
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Quick Steel wrote:Maddy strikes me as having a large helping of Staffordshire Terrier in her blood line. Just an impression.
QS and Doglegg, Her DNA showed all kinds of breeds, pincher, greyhound, boxer and so many others. She isn’t as high energy as most Terriers that I know. My wife’s sister has a terrier that is the fastest dog I have ever seen and has a high amount of energy. Maddy is pretty laid back for the most part. The shelter told us she was a Cattahoola. Turns out, that ain’t even close. But that’s how she got her nick name Maddahoola. She is the only dog we have that bites at water coming out of a hose, digs, kills moles and becomes a water demon when she is wet. Wet fur turns her into the most fun dog I have ever had. We have a wading pool in the back yard just for her. Once she is wet she will tuck her tail under and run around the yard over and over, then come in, rub on everything, make noises when you wipe her down and of course she wants to playfully bite the hand that towels her.
She also sinks her entire snout under water when she drinks. I have never seen a dog do that before. Odd little girl.
She is a great dog.
Here is a picture of her the first week we got her. She latched on to our Golden Retriever, Kobi. The other one is her and Tucker, he was another rescue dog we took in. They sit on the stairs looking out at who is coming up the driveway. I’ll tell you more about the other two another day.
Thanks for reading about my dogs, they are like children to us.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_0053.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Ken, I was sitting on the couch, watching TV when I noticed her giving me that intent look, so I took a couple of photos with my phone.

Then I created the post and attached the photo. It didn’t go and I edited it at least three times before the photo finally uploaded.

You probably slipped in, read the post and asked your question while I was trying to get the pic uploaded.

She’s a sweet little dog, but she will bite if you hurt her, not viciously, but I think it’s the only defense response she knows.

We have no idea what her situation was before we got her from the rescue center.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

It's just me and my cat, Jinx. Make no mistake, she controls my life.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

My sons dog is just over 50 lbs now and is still a pup.

Camillus
Attachments
39EB140E-4BAA-4026-A3B0-6DA44119089B.jpeg
48AF7257-21EB-4620-9891-E935AA62EC85.jpeg
gino

Post by gino »

Awesome looking pets boys
Haven’t posted a new pic of my bud in a while
He’s 7 now Best dog I ever had
Attachments
45BB826E-C92B-43F4-B755-64D30D89954B.jpeg
5E9F0681-6B34-4196-854E-3D14ED9AEC2A.jpeg
59DCCBC6-AE9D-4A36-BA6E-16B7AB81C1D7.jpeg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

That's a big puppy, Gino! ::tu:: ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
gino

Post by gino »

Thanks Steve
Here’s a pic of him puppy and full grown
Attachments
285AE191-725C-406D-8044-162F1E134C29.png
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

He is wearing a very fine coat. Like the way it glistens in the sunlight. A beautiful Dobie.
gino

Post by gino »

Thanks Q
He eats better than most people either
chicken - fish or egg whites with every bowl of a quality dog food he eats and little quality olive oil
Never any junk food or crap
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

This homeless little tuxedo girl Annabelle moved in with us this weekend. She is still "negotiating" with our current cat Sophie on the terms of her residency.
Annabelle.jpg
Annabelle.jpg (36.97 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

The boss calls this her barn cat, comes by scrounging for scraps about every day.
20181119_154439.jpg
Attachments
20181119_154338.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

We have barn cats off and on also. We don't normally feed them, they fend for themselves. They're usually wild and run when they see a human. A momma cat had a litter in the barn a few months back, and my wife felt sorry for her so she bought some cat food and had me putting it in a bowl in the barn daily. Every day the food was gone. I set up a game camera. The cats were not eating it but every night the fattest possum I've ever seen was pigging out! ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:This homeless little tuxedo girl Annabelle moved in with us this weekend. She is still "negotiating" with our current cat Sophie on the terms of her residency.
What a lucky little cutie! Hope she can find common ground with Sophie.

So far my cat's reaction to this little runty black stray who has wandered inside on more than one occasion is the main reason I haven't welcomed the stray into the home.

Oddly enough, though, my bad-### psycho-kitty seems to be the tentative one while the tiny black streetwise cat threw down the yowls and hisses.

We will have to see how this story develops.
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Joshka, my 122 lb lap dog.
Attachments
Joshka - Oct 2018.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
OLDE CUTLER wrote:This homeless little tuxedo girl Annabelle moved in with us this weekend. She is still "negotiating" with our current cat Sophie on the terms of her residency.
What a lucky little cutie! Hope she can find common ground with Sophie.

So far my cat's reaction to this little runty black stray who has wandered inside on more than one occasion is the main reason I haven't welcomed the stray into the home.

Oddly enough, though, my bad-### psycho-kitty seems to be the tentative one while the tiny black streetwise cat threw down the yowls and hisses.

We will have to see how this story develops.
It is always interesting to see how "introductions" will go. You just have to take it slow and let them decide the pace. Annabelle and Sophie seem to have a tentative agreement in place. In a couple more days, it should be good.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Every day the food was gone. I set up a game camera. The cats were not eating it but every night the fattest possum I've ever seen was pigging out! ::facepalm:: Ken
::mdm:: Feeding a possum!!! Why there otta be a law!!! :mrgreen:
Joe
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Trixie and Rolyboo waiting on a tidbit
Attachments
A8A9554B-2F93-4530-8035-FBAC9D403A29.jpeg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

image.jpg
image.jpg
This is Gaffer, my 12 year old scruffy disaster of a former Surrey Tomcat. He's had quite the life. He was born in our bathroom closet and when I split with the ex in 2007, he stayed on in bachelor heaven with a bunch of guys that included the ex, our younger son and a couple of roommates. They had a very old and ratty (literally) house with a big yard.
When the ex passed on in 2012, I took him back. The house was a rental and everyone left.
Gaffer was raised with a couple of Rotties and considers them the proper dog. He doesn't like small dogs but those two, and one that lived here, were his buddies.
Along the way he's been hit by cars, stung by wasps, chomped by a raccoon, in many fights, lost the sight of an eye, several teeth and his manhood. He's also a cancer survivor.
He'll probably outlive me!

My other pet is Trasha the Wolf Spider. Here she is with the eggs she laid on Tuesday.
When it's slow at work, I help out at the bosses house. She was in the yard waste bin. He asked me to take her out, bring her to work and let her go behind the factory. Nope. She'd just end up coming in and I'd have to move her again. So, I have a pet spider!

There are also two field mice, Arnold and Sly who spend all night bulking up on their wheel. I think their plotting something! I can't get a decent pic of 'em. They were born in captivity but they aren't really tame.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Unk, that is a Texas sized lap dog. Pretty girl. ::tu::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”