Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by treefarmer »

10-4, :oops: I'm sure I read that on that page. I just remembered the barrel the had swollen up and burst. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Actually, I posted about those H&K sets some weeks back.

They were also sold here by Harrington & Richardson.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25969&start=3255

Charlie Noyes
Haha! Great minds think alike. It is a neat little gun. I hope you find one as cheap as I did!
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Anyone familiar with Boberg/Bond pistols?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/worlds ... ll-review/

Weight with empty magazine 18.9 oz. Weight Loaded with 115gr ammo, 22.2 oz.

9mm Luger.

MSRP $977.00.

Probably beyond my means, but what a nice looking, innovative pocket pistol in a decent caliber.

Read the review posted above.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Bond Arms.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Interesting little pistol. Way outta my reach though.
Reckon I'll stick with my boring Rugers . . . . ::smirk::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

I’ve never heard of that pistol before,
For that price I would buy another Kimber

Camillus
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Charlie, Bond Arms has made very good quality derringers for some time now. Never seen or heard of the Boberg semi-auto before you made your post. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

I thoroughly read the link to the Bond pistol. I am personally out on that firearm.

I cannot stand nor will own a firearm that is picky about what I feed it. Additionally, it says some ammo in the gun will actually extract the bullet from the casing and dump gunpowder in the internals. Sounds like a real bad jam or major malfunction at the least to me. The design sounds very complicated in regards to lack of simplicity causing malfunction or at the least difficulty in cleaning/maintenance.

Additionally,..

1. No slide lock so does not lock open after empty mag. Personally I like to be able to lock back slide when I want and to know when I am empty besides hearing a click when I pull the trigger.
2. Magazines with cartridges remaining must be pulled from the frame when the magazine release is activated.
3. THE BULLETS ARE LOADED BACKWARDS (NOSE FIRST) INTO THE MAG. Sounds odd but that is what it says.
4. DA only striker fire (not my bag)

I will stick with my two SIG P938 and my other SIGs that have never jammed on me once in 10s of thousands of rounds. The P938 has a 3 inch barrel which is only .35 inch shorter than the gun in question. Negligible in my opinion.

The P938 is about 700 bucks retail.

I'd buy a Glock over that gun and I strongly dislike Glocks personally. To each his own.

My 2 cents.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The current issue of American Handgunner has a major article on the Bond Bullpup Pistol. Also an article by Pat Covert touting traditional pocket knives. He indicates the traditional pocket knife business is booming. Of course this was written before the recent Queen set back.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Quick Steel wrote:The current issue of American Handgunner has a major article on the Bond Bullpup Pistol. Also an article by Pat Covert touting traditional pocket knives. He indicates the traditional pocket knife business is booming. Of course this was written before the recent Queen set back.
Judging by the amount Barlows are going for, he might be right - Queen news notwithstanding.

I just watched a used Delrin Camillus-made Remington Barlow (one of four styles) go for around $170.

That being said, I'm still kicking myself for letting a Queen Drake Well Barlow get away for the winning bid of $76 (beat me out by a dollar). But prices in certain segments of vintage pocket knives seem to be on the rise. Also saw a Delrin Camillus-made muskrat go for well over $150 (my max bid was $55 :shock: ).

I might stop buying vintage knives for a while and stick to the retail stuff until things settle down on the secondary market.

OK, back to the firearms. That Bond Boberg is a real beauty but Jerry raises some excellent points -- and I've become a big of a Sig fanboy since getting my P220, so I've developed certain expectations for a carry weapon. The lack of a slide lock alone is enough to make the Boberg a no-go for me. ::disgust::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Here's my newest addition to the arsenal. It's a Beretta (USA) model 92fs in 9mm. That's the civilian version of the one the military issued for thirty years. I bought it from Bud's Gun Shop as a used gun but so far can find no evidence that it's ever been fired.
Attachments
IMG_4226.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Nice one Phil. ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

Great pistol you picked up Phil,
I think Berettas are a well made gun but the trigger pull takes some getting use to.

Camillus
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

That's one nice looking pistol, Phil. ::tu::
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Good looking gun Phil, I had one years ago. I enjoyed shooting it as I am sure you will.

Monte
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to a bit warmer weather so I can take it out back and sling some lead with it.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice pistol Phil, looks new in the picture. I have one of those, slickest factory built semi-auto I own. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Phil, you just gave me a serious case of the 'wants'.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

A little retirement present for yourself Phil? Very nice indeed!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Just got this in the mail. Benelli super sport, 20 gauge with a 28 inch barrel. I have a 12 gauge but been cravin this since they came out with it.
Attachments
20180126_134351.jpg
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

espn77 wrote:Just got this in the mail. Benelli super sport, 20 gauge with a 28 inch barrel. I have a 12 gauge but been cravin this since they came out with it.
Sweet gun my friend. Congratulations

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Very nice! Why were you cravin' the 20 gauge? Shoulder gettin' sore? ::sotb::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
espn77

Post by espn77 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Very nice! Why were you cravin' the 20 gauge? Shoulder gettin' sore? ::sotb::
It's a sweet qual gun.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Excellent shotgun Keith. Congratulations. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Thanks Jerry, Phil. 2 more weekends of qual season so we will see how I get along with her.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

espn77 wrote:Thanks Jerry, Phil. 2 more weekends of qual season so we will see how I get along with her.
That is a stunner for sure. Just like a knife in my opinion. Buy a good one and care for it it will last for life.

Does she have a tang or trigger guard safety? I shoot a rifle and shotgun as a lefty. Only thing I do lefty as I am right hand/left eye dominant. That is why I prefer ambidextrous on semi auto rifle like an AR or on a shotgun, a tang safety. If it ain't on the gun, I adjust accordingly.

I would be lost if I tried to convert to a left handed bolt for hunting though.

Jerry

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”