First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
OSCAR

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks for opening up Cudgee. Coffee is definitely in order. High octane, not the decaf stuff. 40 degrees now, high of 64. No rain today. No definite plans for today. Might take a drive to the mountains about 65 miles away. Seems like a good day to take a drive.
Got to get up soon, feed my fur babies then feed myself. Hoping for everyone here to have a blessed day.
-Oscar outta here ::pace::
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Greetings to all. 47 going to 55. Rain thru the night.

In about 2 minutes I will shuffle the trash down to the road. Then off to Kroger. (Jerry, you awake?)

peace & health
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good morning early risers. Cloudy early, then off and on rain showers for the afternoon. High 53F. Chance of rain 60%. Looks like Saturday will be winter's last gasp with 1 to 3 inches of snow expected. Mother Nature is such a fickle old witch, we may or may not get that. Only time will tell.

I have a knife that hit town yesterday and shows ready for delivery today. That's good news. Other than that, nothing worth reporting in The Great Midwest.

Garry, thanks for the reminder that today is trash pickup day.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Another mild day on tap here in Eastern Iowa… going up to 52

Going to put the battery back in the RV trailer today (I store it in the garage on a trickle charger each winter). I’m taking it to the dealer for some service and warranty work.

Need to get some cash money from the bank today… to be ready to make a purchase or two at the Badger Knife Show in Janesville WI this weekend.

May God continue to bless you and yours today
Jim
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

MadeinUSA wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 am Another mild day on tap here in Eastern Iowa… going up to 52

Going to put the battery back in the RV trailer today (I store it in the garage on a trickle charger each winter). I’m taking it to the dealer for some service and warranty work.

Need to get some cash money from the bank today… to be ready to make a purchase or two at the Badger Knife Show in Janesville WI this weekend.

May God continue to bless you and yours today
Jim
Jim, almost forgot the Badger knife show is this weekend . Thanks for the mention . If you’re looking for newer Case knifes make sure you see old Charlie against the back wall . He’s a super guy and has many limited run pieces . Need to get ahold of my old friend and see if he’s coming with and decide on the details .
Today is my Friday being only a part timer these days . It took a few weeks to get the muscles back in shape for being on my feet all day and carrying 50 pounds of PPE and tools around . But it feels great to be outside all day ,rain or shine . And to be honest wasn’t ready to sit and do nothing. Have a Church pew that is getting a rebuild that I need to get done and out to a customer . Then a pile of other things after that. And all the Car shows are sending out entry stuff and just not that excited about it lately . Brother Jeff wants to do more , will see how that goes .
Dave and Garry. . Hang in there with your aches and pains .
Oscar, a ride into the mountains sounds like a great idea. Enjoy !!
Well that first cup sure went fast . Time for one more , and pack a lunch and get after it .
You all have a grand day out there . Or at least try !
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. The lady I mentioned that fell yesterday did go to the hospital emergency and she found out she had broken the ball off the hip. They will do a complete hip replacement in a couple days. I'm still struggling with pain issues but getting better. Sleep isn't happening yet but that too will come. we got another 3 inches of snow last night to freshen up the piles that we already had. I feel for the people down the Mississippi when this melts and becomes their problem instead of ours. Have a great Wednesday.____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 47 headed to the mid 50's.
Critters are all fed.
I've got the son at the eye surgery for his after surgery checkup then this afternoon I'll take him to his pcp for his regular checkup. So my daily business is taken care of, just as well it's raining and too nasty for any kind of yard work.
Hope all the folks hurting and feeling poorly get back to your regular aches and pains that seems we all have as age catches up with us.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Slept in a bit this morning. Coffee is good, it's much warmer today, 50 degrees and overcast. Yesterday there was frost in every field and on all the lawns I drove by coming from men's prayer meeting. Probably have rain in a day or so.
Not sure about today's activities. Been studying on a new "common sense" washing machine. Our old Amana, bought in 2015 seems to have a mind of it's own! Miss Joy wants a plain washing machine, these less bells and whistles the better. I noticed some of the new ones can be controlled from a smartphone. Way too much junk and green features for old folks that just want to wash clothes and not save the world!
Going to check the game cameras today, at least I'll get in the woods for a little while. ::tu::
Y'all have a great day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:31 pm Good Mornin', Folks.
Slept in a bit this morning. Coffee is good, it's much warmer today, 50 degrees and overcast. Yesterday there was frost in every field and on all the lawns I drove by coming from men's prayer meeting. Probably have rain in a day or so.
Not sure about today's activities. Been studying on a new "common sense" washing machine. Our old Amana, bought in 2015 seems to have a mind of it's own! Miss Joy wants a plain washing machine, these less bells and whistles the better. I noticed some of the new ones can be controlled from a smartphone. Way too much junk and green features for old folks that just want to wash clothes and not save the world!
Going to check the game cameras today, at least I'll get in the woods for a little while. ::tu::
Y'all have a great day.
Treefarmer
Treefarmer, by controlling a washing machine by phone, it means turn it on ? It can’t add clothes. It can’t put in soap. It can’t transfer the clothes to the dryer. But it costs way more than a machine that washes clothes. Anyone who pays for a smartphone controlled washing machine is a complete moron. But plain machines are getting harder to find. Just goes to show you how stupid so many people are. Pay 3 times what a regular machine costs because they are too lazy to turn it on at the source.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
Back from our trip and I was so happy to sleep in my own bed last night.
I ended up with 31 knives, a Craftsman Saw Blade clock and a new ballcap. Most of the knives will need some cleaning so I've got plenty to keep me busy for a few days. Today I think I'm going to be lazy and rest up, my backside was hurting by the time I got out of the car. Have a blessed day and be safe.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Late good morning! In a few hours I’ll be heading out for my 4th vacation in 12 months. It’s great to be semiretired and a capable business partner to keep shop going when I take off. I plan to travel as much as I can while I am able, old age is sneaking up rapidly, heck I’m already old!
Will drive to Minneapolis today and fly to NC tomorrow. Should be about 80 degrees when I get there. Not looking forward to the TSA lines at the airport as it is spring break time and half of MN wants to go south!
Hit 50 degrees here yesterday and a lot of snow has melted but the ugly piles will be around for quite awhile.
I board my dog at a county kennel that is 2 miles down a gravel road. I was a bit concerned about what condition the road would be but it wasn’t bad. But the plowed back piles!
D67CEB5E-9504-4ADB-A2F0-998E2B62BB04.jpeg
My aches and pains aren’t too bad today and I hope those of you suffering get relief.
Time to finish packing and get moving!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

On the road again.
Ms Boji can't wait to get on the road again.
The life she loves is visiting with relatives and friends
She just can't wait to get on the road again

(Imagine Willie Nelson singing that)
Enjoy your trip Miz Boji and just be happy you're in good enough health that you're able to do it.
Take your time a going & hurry back.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:58 pm On the road again.

Enjoy your trip Miz Boji and just be happy you're in good enough health that you're able to do it.
I’ll be listening to Waylon, Willie and Merle while I drive.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Boji wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 pm

That is a dandy trio to go down the road with. Enjoy your trip.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Boji wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 pm

Good choices!!
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Have a great and safe trip Boji.
Enjoy the weather as well. It’s quite a change from weather in Iowa.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Good afternoon to all. Safe travels to Boji, and hope all who are aching and in pain get some relief. It's currently 47 degrees, and we might see low to mid 50s. Six months and two weeks after one of their pickup people broke our trash container, Waste Management brought us a new one. No more snow and rain water in the trash can! Seems there will be nothing else of significance to report. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good afternoon y'all.
Coffee was good.
Work tired me out.
May nap.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:51 pm
Y'all have a great day.
Treefarmer
Treefarmer, by controlling a washing machine by phone, it means turn it on ? It can’t add clothes. It can’t put in soap. It can’t transfer the clothes to the dryer. But it costs way more than a machine that washes clothes. Anyone who pays for a smartphone controlled washing machine is a complete moron. But plain machines are getting harder to find. Just goes to show you how stupid so many people are. Pay 3 times what a regular machine costs because they are too lazy to turn it on at the source.
I understand completely what you are saying, but they are forcing us all down the App And Tech path. Then they know our every movement. It won't just be a cashless society, but a full blown everything done by computer society. Sounds like conspiracy theory, but that is the path we are well down now. :x :x :x
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

cudgee wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 pm
Y'all have a great day.
Treefarmer
I understand completely what you are saying, but they are forcing us all down the App And Tech path. Then they know our every movement. It won't just be a cashless society, but a full blown everything done by computer society. Sounds like conspiracy theory, but that is the path we are well down now. :x :x :x
Cudgee, it’s not a conspiracy theory. What you said is a fact. I’m trying to keep as low tech as possible. Do some research on 14 eyes. It’s a fact. 14 governments, US,UK, Australia and others not only gather data on their citizens but share it with other countries in the alliance. They are completely paranoid.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:58 pm
Cudgee, it’s not a conspiracy theory. What you said is a fact. I’m trying to keep as low tech as possible. Do some research on 14 eyes. It’s a fact. 14 governments, US,UK, Australia and others not only gather data on their citizens but share it with other countries in the alliance. They are completely paranoid.
Our Government is communist, they claim to be a democratic Socialist party, but i know what they are. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

cudgee wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 pm
Our Government is communist, they claim to be a democratic Socialist party, but i know what they are. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Socialism is just a euphemism for Communism.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:42 pm
Attachments
TRUE THEN - TRUE NOW
TRUE THEN - TRUE NOW
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 pm
And as my father said, " Never Argue With A Fool - People Might Not Be Able To Tell The Difference ". :lol: :lol: :lol:
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

::tu:: ::tu::
cudgee wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:52 pm
OSCAR wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 pm
And as my father said, " Never Argue With A Fool - People Might Not Be Able To Tell The Difference ". :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: ::ds::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”