First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Boji »

Oscar, yes I check the weather for Durham frequently so I know what to pack. I don’t fly until Thursday so definitely be time to ditch the flannels and jeans!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

My puter says 43 Partly Sunny.
I been praying for a miracle but it hasn't happened yet.
Coffee was good but I want more.
Looking for the magic penny!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Paladin wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:06 pm I just received an email from the Bay advising they have cancelled one of my listings for violation of their animal products policy.
Hope it goes better this time around. I was watching an auction for one of the Vietnam-era paratrooper's knives, which are forbidden on the Bay. Apparently the winning bidder received it. Between an imperfect system, their arbitrarily enforced labyrinth of rules, and the drastic reduction in the tax liability threshold, I'm waiting for people to start leaving eBay in droves.

Good afternoon to all. It's currently 32 degrees here, and 43/27 is predicted. The "coating to an inch" that wad expected last night turned out to be "no accumulation," which is good. The bad: we could be in for a few straight days of rain later in the week. Have been messing around with a new mobile phone. What a pain that is. I wish we'd just get to a point that enough is enough with all this tech malarkey. I'd best get off that soapbox now. Nothing is on my agenda at the moment. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:06 pm I just received an email from the Bay advising they have cancelled one of my listings for violation of their animal products policy.
Hope it goes better this time around. I was watching an auction for one of the Vietnam-era paratrooper's knives, which are forbidden on the Bay. Apparently the winning bidder received it. Between an imperfect system, their arbitrarily enforced labyrinth of rules, and the drastic reduction in the tax liability threshold, I'm waiting for people to start leaving eBay in droves.

Good afternoon to all. It's currently 32 degrees here, and 43/27 is predicted. The "coating to an inch" that wad expected last night turned out to be "no accumulation," which is good. The bad: we could be in for a few straight days of rain later in the week. Have been messing around with a new mobile phone. What a pain that is. I wish we'd just get to a point that enough is enough with all this tech malarkey. I'd best get off that soapbox now. Nothing is on my agenda at the moment. Y'all have a great day!
Any new piece of Tech we buy now is a pain. Not only learning to use it, but just setting them up, and i mean anything, not just phones or computers. :x :x :x
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Cudgee, I get along fine with the phone stuff, ok with computers, now all the bleeping techie stuff on cars is my downfall. No, I don’t want to connect my phone. I try to set the seat adjustment to my key fob and the next time I take the car for service it gets all messed up, same with radio stations. Mine bleeps when I get close to something in front but not in back. Gez, I can see what’s in front of me! (I did figure out how to turn that off!)
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning fellow diners. 52 going to 56 with rain; or so they say.

Coffee is hot and I made a pot of decaf for those who prefer it.

Hope your day and week go well for you.

peace & health
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:39 am Good Morning fellow diners. 52 going to 56 with rain; or so they say.

Coffee is hot and I made a pot of decaf for those who prefer it.

Hope your day and week go well for you.

peace & health
Thanks for opening up, and i will pass on the decaf. :lol: :lol: :lol:
eveled

Post by eveled »

Good morning everyone.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !
26 now, 52 later. Don’t often see such wide temperature variations night to day but this seems to be the case of late . Pretty soon it will be hot and hotter. I prefer it cool but not super cold.
Finished up a lathe project I was working on yesterday. For today, I’m switching my insurance company. They’re all thieving bastards but I thought I’d give another the chance to take my money and give me nothing in return. Also for the last six months or so, they have had issues with their website causing me to have to drive to their office to pay the premiums. Call me old fashioned but I don’t use auto pay. I control my meager assets myself and won’t authorize any person or companies access to my accounts. Time to change insurance companies. A trip to the post office is also in order.
Coffee was excellent. High octane espresso to get my heart pumping. No other plans for today.

HAVE A GREAT DAY FCD PATRONS
-Oscar outta here ::pace::
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin from Titusville where it is 54 degrees. Weather bug show 32 at Starvation Plantation, hope our mulberrys and pears haven't gotten too cold.
Have had a good visit and will be heading to Northwest Florida in a little while. Bypassing our usual trip to Webster this time.
Hope Y'all have a wonderful Monday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Oscar, I sure share your pain with insurance companies, both house, car and health including Medicare and the supplemental crap I pay dearly for, that always disappoints. My entire SS check goes to them. I'm not quite ready for Monday. I want to finish up some stuff on the house project that I couldn't get done last week because of material shortage. I need feed for my chickens and need to get my tax stuff down to my tax man, so I might take a short day to do the running. Is today the first day of Spring? If so, it doesn't look like any Spring I've ever seen although the records of the past tell me we've had our share of Winters that just wouldn't let go. We still have 3 feet of standing snow and temps in the 20's. It's been one of the worst Winters we've had in a while and it's not over yet. Phil. hope you are having a great time visiting family and can find some treasures to haul home with you. Have a safe week. Phil, I see you snuck in while I was typing. Have a safe trip home.---------Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good mornin' patrons of the Diner. Nothin' much going on in P'ville. It is 42º right now in my back yard and it will likely get to about 60º later today. I'll make a trip to the post office in a little while and fondle my knives after that.
Hope you all have a nice day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 48F. High 40's/low 50's forecast highs from now into April. I can live with that.

Nothing to report. Lazy day in The Great Midwest.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, down right cold 19.4 degs. at Homer's homestead warming to 53 sez. Leland, he said below freezing again tonight. I'm very much looking forwward to the warming trend that he sez is on the way, around here this is redbud winter I reckon, still got dogwood, honey locus, and blackberry to go, so I ain't putting my jackets away just yet.
The outside critters are fed, the birds are all fluffed up trying to stay warm, ole bossy mockingbird looks about twice his normal self.
Iff'in it warms up like they say I'm probably gonna get out in the yard and try to do a few things but I'm not gonna push it to much, ain't nothing that can't be put off.
I'll lollygag a bit and ponder on it some.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
We're getting ready to leave our son's house in Herculaneum. MO and start our trek home. We have several places to stop at along the way and we'll spend the night in Joplin, MO. There is one place there I always go to called the Rangeline Antique Mall. So far they have always had a good selection of pocket knives. Got to get moving, have a blessed day and be safe.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Jeepergeo

Post by Jeepergeo »

Good morning everyone!

Here in California at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains, it's rainy, 53°F and forecast to top out at 54°F. The rain will be here through Wednesday, and we sure need it. Winds are forecast at 22 mph.... let's hope that's all.

Breakfast was coffee along with smashed avocado on sourdough toast, one my favorites.

I'm watching for mail from Buck. Last Friday, I ordered the March 2023 Buck of the Month. It's the 722 Spitfire with an S45VN blade, black coated aluminum bolsters, and a green spacer. I see now that Buck is offering 1000 of these. I can't decide if I miss the old days of BOTM being 250 or fewer pieces... it's sure easier to nab one when the run is 1000. I will post photos when it gets here.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Boy oh boy I'm learning about what yawl mean about these geehaws and such. The boss bought a new suv, "which is a a station
wagon with big a-- wheels and tires on it "the other day and man it's loaded up with stuff I'll probably never understand. I do like the warning stuff and cameras. These ole arthritic necks don't turn like they use too and I figure they will help and you need them iff'in you are looking at all these fool screens.
Frost on frost. ::handshake::
Attachments
20230320_083626.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy neighbors, working on a cup of coffee trying to get woke up. Got in late from moms. Got to watching to much NCIS. :lol: I'm getting up late and lollygagging around here. Guess it really dont much matter as theres not much to do today. 40-61 partly sunny and breezy. Happy trails!
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jeepergeo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:53 pm Last Friday, I ordered the March 2023 Buck of the Month. It's the 722 Spitfire with an S45VN blade, black coated aluminum bolsters, and a green spacer. I see now that Buck is offering 1000 of these. I can't decide if I miss the old days of BOTM being 250 or fewer pieces... it's sure easier to nab one when the run is 1000. I will post photos when it gets here.
Some of my favorites. What color did you get and are you going to get all three colors.
Attachments
Buck 722.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Good early afternoon to all. I won't get on too long a tangent about the tech ::censored:: in cars and trucks these days. However, I have heard that some no longer have a paper owner's manual; instead, it's tied into the screen for the radio and whatnot. That's really helpful when your battery is dead and you can't find the remote jumping lead. :roll_eyes:

I'm off that rant for now. It's currently 40 degrees, and AccuWeather is calling for 50/34. Meteorological spring will be here soon enough! I don't have any firm plans, but I may have to rethink some of last week's reorganization efforts. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Jeepergeo

Post by Jeepergeo »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:23 pm
Jeepergeo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:53 pm Last Friday, I ordered the March 2023 Buck of the Month. It's the 722 Spitfire with an S45VN blade, black coated aluminum bolsters, and a green spacer. I see now that Buck is offering 1000 of these. I can't decide if I miss the old days of BOTM being 250 or fewer pieces... it's sure easier to nab one when the run is 1000. I will post photos when it gets here.
Some of my favorites. What color did you get and are you going to get all three colors.
The March BOTM has a black blade and scales.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/marc ... BKSBOTM-B/

I have one with copper scales too, a prior BOTM.

Not sure if I will order more of the 722...it will depend on what they offer. I might do a custom shop 722 for my son...he had hinted that purple scales and a green spacer with the S30V blade might be fun.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good morning y'all.
Coffee was good.
Got somewhere around 5.45idh at work.
Nothing else to say.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Jeepergeo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:01 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:23 pm
The March BOTM has a black blade and scales.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/marc ... BKSBOTM-B/

I have one with copper scales too, a prior BOTM.

Not sure if I will order more of the 722...it will depend on what they offer. I might do a custom shop 722 for my son...he had hinted that purple scales and a green spacer with the S30V blade might be fun.
Love your Avatar. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FCD PATRONS
Coffee is fresh and Danish is great today. I need to get some sleep. Please help yourself. 34 degrees and high of 58. Not a exciting day. Accomplished a lot yesterday. So goodnight for now.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 am GOOD MORNING FCD PATRONS
Coffee is fresh and Danish is great today. I need to get some sleep. Please help yourself. 34 degrees and high of 58. Not a excited day. Accomplished a lot yesterday. So goodnight for now.
Thanks for opening up and putting on a spread. Hope you can get back to sleep. ::tu::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”