First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning fellow diners. Prayers continuing Dave.

Currently 49,going to 71 which is hard to believe.

Made a Kroger run and got the trash out.

peace & health
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Got to go pick up some fresh losing Lottery tickets. Just think of all the knives I could have if I didn't play the Lottery, or think of all the knives I could buy if I won the Lottery. Yeah, that's a more positive attitude. :mrgreen:

Currently 23º, headed for a forecast of 44º. Now that's my kind of winter weather. Won't last but hey, it's nice while it's here.

Thanks for reminding me Garry. Got to set the trash out.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

Hey y’all, warm this morn in Dixie 59. Take the wife to therapy again at 10! Prayers for all the folks with medical issues here, I’ve been on that roller coaster for the better part of 4 years now. Y’all have a good one! God is good!!
Jimbo
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, kinda late to the diner this a.m. 52 headed to mid 60's sezz Nikki Dee. Rain is in the forecast.
Got all the critters fed. The birds seem happy that Homer's home.
Prayers that God pours out his blessings on each and everyone of our aapk members and their families.
Nothing much on today's agenda as we took care of a lot of first of the year business
yestiddy. February seems to be the month that Hits our checkbook the hardest.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good afternoon y,all./
Coffee was good.
Got a good week going at work.
More HD work.
Looking for the magic penny!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Good evening to all. I slept poorly last night, and woke from an unintentional nap not long before typing this post. It's currently 35 degrees here, and I'm not sure if we hit the high of 46. It probably won't get any colder, and tomorrow promises to be near 60, but rainy. The vacuuming got done today, but nothing else to note. Hope y'all had a great day, and see you again tomorrow!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Thought i would open up for those Early Risers. So the coffee is on and some meatloaf on the menu. ::tu:: Just been seeing some of the little children being pulled from the rubble in Turkey, absolute miracles that not only did these kids survive the carnage, but have survived without food and water and had to survive the cold. Enjoy your coffee. :)
IMG_20230205_174957.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, 32-50 and sunshine. Hope yawl have a good day. Happy trails!
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Happy Trails to you, David and Cudgee. I am up early for no particular reason and thought I'd check in. I have my 1st cup coolin' just a little and it is 44º right now in my back yard. Nothing much planned for the day but I am sure a good nap will figure into the agenda.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FCD
53 degrees now with a high of 63. Cloudy all day with high humidity and drizzling off and on.
Taking my dog to see the dermatologist veterinary doc as a follow up for her allergies. She’s looking better so I guess her meds are working. Nothing new really and nothing to report.
-Oscar outta here
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks for the meatloaf Cudgee. I don't mind eating meatloaf when it is cold. In fact a cold meatloaf sandwich is a favorite of mine.

Tho there may be some rain today the emphasis is on big winds, maybe up to 50mph.

I was chronically sleepy most of yesterday. Hope that doesn't happen today.

YouTube finally put on one of my very favorite films: Educating Rita. I did not intend to watch it but once I took a look I couldn't pull myself away. The acting, script, direction, etc. were virtually flawless. A great film.

peace & health
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone.
Cudgee, that meatloaf looks delicious. Like Garry it’s a favorite around here ,hot or cold .
Garry , meatloaf sandwiches . ::tu::
Not much going on around here . Have some trim to install in the bathroom downstairs and Heidi wants some shelves in that closet . So will get after that this week . Have a couple of new faucets to bring down to the 410 Cafe ,that’ll fix the leaky one . Was going to fix the leak but the stems are all plastic now . No brass with a rubber washer that can be replaced. Is everything becoming a throw away item these days . Had to spend twice the price of the Menards stuff to get a decent Moen . Won’t use Menards plumbing stuff again !! And there electrical fixtures aren’t much better . Time to stroll around and see what’s happening around here .
Wherever you are Enjoy your day !
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Jane is heading over to the UP tomorrow to see if she can say goodbye to her sister. Donna doesn't recognize anyone. We were hoping they Drs. could relieve some of the pressure in her brain so she could have some communication with family, but an MRI yesterday told us the problem wasn't fluid in the brain, it was the Tumer was so large and spread to both sides of the brain and fingers of it were throughout the brain. They shortened her life expectancy. Jane and one grand-daughter and maybe our daughter-in-law Melody are going out. It's a 5 to 6 hour trip and I'm praying they don't hit any weather or trouble with our old Honda. Jane and Donna have always been close so this is hard. I passed my preop physical yesterday and I'm as fit as a horse. A really old horse, but still a horse, so all is go for shots next week. A horse being shot next week sounds worse that I meant it to be. We are almost done with the taping part of the new house construction and ready for a painter friend of the homeowner to come in and spray the primary coat. The homeowner is getting short on money and might finish some of the inside stuff himself and wants us to head off to another job while he gathers more cash to finish the siding and roofing. Everything has been so much more expensive than any of us planned so this isn't any surprise. I don't see how anyone can build in this economy, but we have another house set to start, except it's buried under three feet of hard packed snow. One of these years I'll get the hint and retire or die, or maybe just slow down. Not today though. Have a great whatever day this is.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Morning all. High of 37º and it's already there. The prediction is for light rain & snow. ::barf::

Starting off my day with a cuppa decaf Hawaiian Kona (thanks ~Q~). a banana and some donut holes. Did you know there are no calories in donut holes? :mrgreen:

JP, my remaining long time friend is a huge Menards fan. I keep telling him it's the K-Mart of home improvement centers but he just poo-poo's that. I just discovered that Menards is headquarted in your back yard.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Workday today, if the rain doesn't interfere, we'll wash and vacuum Miss Joy's car. Looks like a pretty good chance of rain coming for a day or so. The radar shows the rain is a few counties west of us coming our way. We recorded a temperature of 89 yesterday, now it's back down to 59 degrees. Cold weather is also predicted for this weekend. Way too many spring like things have already happened for us to have a hard freeze! Not much we can do about it.
Got the last deer meat in the freezer yesterday. Staying out of the woods until next week. Miss Joy wants to go visit her sisters on the anniversary of their dad's passing so that becomes the next big push. Next week will be the last week of rifle season and then one week of muzzle loading, 20th through 26th. Then deer hunting is over till Thanksgiving. Hope I can still be here for another opening day. :)
Ripster, we bought a replacement kitchen sink valve the other day from Home Depot, a Moen and the price shocked me! Haven't got around to replacing it yet. The old one isn't leaking but will not allow full flow of water on either side, cold or hot. All the other valves in the house have full pressure when turned on. Try the valve later in the day and it has good pressure, shut it off and try again, it may just be above a trickle. ::shrug:: Remove the aerator and it does the same thing. The remote sprayer still has full pressure. If I have to take it out, might as well replace it. Going to be interesting to see why it has an intermittent problem.
Meat loaf is a great meal cold or hot, looks great cudgee! We haven't made any in a couple of months.
Coffee is served, let's get the day started!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 62 with strong winds temps dropping to the 50's by afternoon, some rain already with maybe a few more showers.
Dave some folks just love to stay busy, I've got a good buddy in fla.named Dave by the way,thats refurbishing a little park model house and has a golf cart business in the park, just loves it, me on the other hand took to retirement like a duck to water. After 40 years working for the man I was ready to golf,loaf, piddle and ponder, play with my little tractor and farm and travel and I've enjoyed it immensely. I've been blest.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all! After a nice 40 degree day it is back to winter again and wind.
Felt like a pile of dog 💩 yesterday but did manage to get a bunch of Zippo lighters listed on eBay and most have already sold. Many are going to China, curious.
Work today, have a list of things that need to be done there.
Time for more coffee and some food.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

bighomer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:29 pm Morning folks, 62 with strong winds temps dropping to the 50's by afternoon, some rain already with maybe a few more showers.
Dave some folks just love to stay busy, I've got a good buddy in fla.named Dave by the way,thats refurbishing a little park model house and has a golf cart business in the park, just loves it, me on the other hand took to retirement like a duck to water. After 40 years working for the man I was ready to golf,loaf, piddle and ponder, play with my little tractor and farm and travel and I've enjoyed it immensely. I've been blest.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
bighomer, I’ll say amen to your comment about retirement, took to it “like a duck to water”!
Bro. Dave must be like my father-In-law, he worked to within 6 months of going to his heavenly home. He passed last February at 98, no real retirement for some folks who love their chosen profession. ::hmm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Retirement, i consider myself to be semi-retired, I have the best of both worlds. Own my own business with a very capable partner. Normally we each work 3 days a week and the work day is only 6 hours. I need the contact with the people and the community. But have the flexibility to take time off whenever I want to travel to visit friends or relatives, go to concerts, car shows, knife shows etc.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon y'all.
Got a decent check.
Coffee was good.'
HD work ahead.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

After reading everyone's posts this morning when i tuned in, there is one common opinion. Cold meatloaf is delicious, a cold meatloaf sandwich on fresh bread is one of lives joys. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

cudgee wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:34 pm After reading everyone's posts this morning when i tuned in, there is one common opinion. Cold meatloaf is delicious, a cold meatloaf sandwich on fresh bread is one of lives joys. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
I agree but mine will have an excessive amount of Miracle Whip. 8) :D ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Some food tastes better reheated. Meatloaf definitely tastes better cold in my opinion. I like it best on a hard crusted roll but bread works too.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:31 pm Some food tastes better reheated. Meatloaf definitely tastes better cold in my opinion. I like it best on a hard crusted roll but bread works too.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

Checking in tonight after a busy day of therapy and doctor for the wife. Also bought some goodies online from an auction house close by and had to go pick that up.
FYI, in case some of you guys need a faucet, eBay sells refurbished delta, peerless and others for a fraction of new. Deltas are guaranteed for ten years. I bought one for my moms kitchen sink and installed it and it is great. Paid $59.00 for a high neck faucet that lists for $199.00. Looks brand new. Anyway y’all have a good one!!

Jimbo
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”