First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
OSCAR

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by OSCAR »

TripleF wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:07 pm Safe and sound here is west central FLA!!!
Good to hear Scott.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Maybe one of these days I'llmlearn how to post. :lol:
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, good to hear Scott is okay. Jerry glad you be bootless! ::ds:: Celebration time. Just dont over do it buddy. :lol: I'm still havent got over the crud yet. Cslled in agin tody. This stuff seems to be like the tide. it comes and goes. Everytime I think I'm getting better I relapse some. Overall I'm somewhat better but have a ways to goes. 56-81 and sunny. Happy trails!

David
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone.

Glad to hear Scott and Phil are okay. Praying for my daughter and her family that just moved to Savannah, GA. Right now the eye is projected to pass just to the East of them. Hopefully it will only be a tropical storm by then and all they will get is rain.
Just doing some things around the house today, nothing big. Everyone have a great day.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon y'all.
Partially to blame is Sudden Link.
Coffee was good.
Don't go back to work until 8ish tomorrow night.
Torn about which car tp put my last set of rubber tire wheels on.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Glad to hear Scott is okay, hope anyone else affected is okay as well.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Glad Scott is good. Hope our other FL patrons fair well, also .

Dryer turned out to be a burned wire. Easy fix and back running in no time.

So it's Friday. Weekend for most but 'nother monday to me. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other ...

Pot is done singing its song and FCD is open as usual
::handshake::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good Morning Diners, spent the day perusing websites looking at knives, not to buy, just window shopping. They are just so expensive now, over here some have doubled in price in 12 months, and not really highly collectables, just working EDC knives. Some of the collectables are going for ridiculous prices. A GEC went in a AAPK store for 8 times what it retailed for when released 3 years ago. ::uc:: ::uc:: ::uc:: Enjoy your first coffee.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Glad Scott had no problem from the storm. Glad Royal has his dryer fixed. Sears sent me the wrong belt for my riding mower but I don’t think yard will need to be mowed again until spring.
Cudgee, I can relate as far as collecting goes. I’d rather not be buying knives these days and only bought one this year. I don’t even need an EDC as I’ve carried the same one for a long time. And the price has only gone up by $3 ! It’s a Maserin Plow, a sfo knife I got for $50. Made in Italy. Built very strong. The online store still has some to sell.
https://www.collectorknives.net/shop/m ... ndles-163/
The pattern is similar to a Case Sodbustet, but it’s way better quality. Micarta handles, stainless steel liners, half stop and a razor sharp D2 blade. Fits my hand well. I won’t be buying more knives but now, I will have my coffee and get myself moving. Making an omelette with jalapeño peppers and cheddar cheese inside. It’s 58 degrees now with a high temperature of 73 predicted and a few light showers. Have a great day everyone !
Attachments
F4398392-0BCA-4D8A-A3D4-AD112E5123EC.jpeg
BA7A934C-D458-4B0E-9E5E-D664A26F8526.jpeg
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's still been nice here for working. We got 4 windows installed yesterday and are nearly ready for two more to go in. We still have to pick up two more and fit them in and then trim out all 8. I told the homeowners I thought we could have it all done in three days, but they added two after we started and those are the most framing because they are considerably smaller and are on the walls that support the trusses so it appears 4 days are called for. The trusses arrived yesterday for the house we are building so that homeowner is getting a little anxious for us to get back. I sure want them up and covered before snow hits. This weekend we have funerals Sat. and Sunday for the two that passed away this past week. Nobody has died during the rest of the week after the neighbor and two from church, so maybe three is the number that will hold for a while. Pray you are all doing well and have a great Friday.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A chilly 42º this morning. Everyone I know in FL has checked in A-OK. Supposed to have a knife in the works but no documentation as to it's status. Everything else is OK. Nothing planned for the day.

Ian is back up to hurricane status and getting ready to wreak havoc in the Carolina's. More people to worry about. All y'all stay frosty.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'.
Another beautiful Fall morning, 56 degrees and clear skies.
Had a successful workday yesterday. Got a lot accomplished.
Having to water our pumpkin patch, the little Seminole Pumpkins need to hurry if they want to be part of our Thanksgiving dinner. The cool dry weather is not really their friend.
We're having another birthday dinner today. My best friend who passed away in December of 2019, his widow's birthday is a day after mine and for many years we've been celebrating together, the tradition continues. He is the friend who brought me the big ol' stag Case clasp knife about 2 weeks before he passed, saying, "Phil, I want to make sure you get this one." ::tear:: He knew.
Coffee is about ready, continue to pray for the folks cleaning up and trying to put things back together over on the peninsula after Ian. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Good morning all! Oscar, make me on of those omelets please, that’s just the way I like’em.
As soon as I’m functional I’ll be taking my dog to the vet for boarding and get ready to hit the road to daughter’s for a long weekend. Normally I board her at a country kennel but she needs her shots, nails trimmed and a bath so will get that all done. Granddaughter and daughter’s birthdays to celebrate. Doesn’t seem possible my youngest grand will be a teenager.
Prayers continue for those experiencing the rath of Ian. I have a dear friend in North Carolina, not near the coast but still will get plenty of rain.
Gotta get more coffee down and get moving.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone.

My daughter and her family in Savannah, GA. made it through the night with some strong wind and rain. Still the biggest threat is tornadoes. Got to meet a guy at the church this morning about paving our parking lot. I already have 2 other estimates and man are they expensive. Everyone have a blessed day..... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Boji wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:31 pm Doesn’t seem possible my youngest grand will be a teenager.
I hear ya Boji but it gets more impossible when those Grands present you with Great-Grands. I've always said "I would kill for my children but I would die for my Grandchildren." I don't know what the next step is but whatever it is I would not have any hesitation nor second thoughts when it comes to my Great-Grandchildren. ::nod::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:14 pm
Boji wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:31 pm Doesn’t seem possible my youngest grand will be a teenager.
I hear ya Boji but it gets more impossible when those Grands present you with Great-Grands. I've always said "I would kill for my children but I would die for my Grandchildren." I don't know what the next step is but whatever it is I would not have any hesitation nor second thoughts when it comes to my Great-Grandchildren. ::nod::
I’m plenty old enough to have great-grands but I didn’t start early and neither of my kids did either.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Boji wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:35 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:14 pm
I’m plenty old enough to have great-grands but I didn’t start early and neither of my kids did either.
Sounds like you have enough wiggle room before you go TU (Toes Up in case there's any confusion about what I was saying there) for it to happen for you. If it's in the cards for you, I think you will find it to be just about the best thing that's happened to you.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Good morning, FCD & AAPK!

A bright, crisp and sunny 55* here in the Missouri Ozarks, looking at a high of a perfect 75*! Man, oh man, is this nice weather!

Today's schedule...nothing. Not. A. Thing. That's how you start your weekend! Right?!

Wife and I have come to final agreement on our new home after some haggling by the sellers. Closing will be in mid October. ::ds:: ::nod::

Better scoot. Still have to tend to our flock of pets. Y'all have a great start to your weekend! Be safe, be alert and be careful!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

MissouriGuerrilla wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:54 pm Good morning, FCD & AAPK!

A bright, crisp and sunny 55* here in the Missouri Ozarks, looking at a high of a perfect 75*! Man, oh man, is this nice weather!

Today's schedule...nothing. Not. A. Thing. That's how you start your weekend! Right?!

Wife and I have come to final agreement on our new home after some haggling by the sellers. Closing will be in mid October. ::ds:: ::nod::

Better scoot. Still have to tend to our flock of pets. Y'all have a great start to your weekend! Be safe, be alert and be careful!
Congratulations on getting a deal made on your new abode. :D

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:12 pm
MissouriGuerrilla wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:54 pm Good morning, FCD & AAPK!

Congratulations on getting a deal made on your new abode. :D

Ray
Thank you, sir. ::tu::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Let me just say Good Morning now.
Because I'm about to go to work and when I get home I will sleep.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:15 am Glad Scott had no problem from the storm. Glad Royal has his dryer fixed. Sears sent me the wrong belt for my riding mower but I don’t think yard will need to be mowed again until spring.
Cudgee, I can relate as far as collecting goes. I’d rather not be buying knives these days and only bought one this year. I don’t even need an EDC as I’ve carried the same one for a long time. And the price has only gone up by $3 ! It’s a Maserin Plow, a sfo knife I got for $50. Made in Italy. Built very strong. The online store still has some to sell.
The pattern is similar to a Case Sodbustet, but it’s way better quality. Micarta handles, stainless steel liners, half stop and a razor sharp D2 blade. Fits my hand well. I won’t be buying more knives but now, I will have my coffee and get myself moving. Making an omelette with jalapeño peppers and cheddar cheese inside. It’s 58 degrees now with a high temperature of 73 predicted and a few light showers. Have a great day everyone !
I really like those, i have a Maserin folding hunter really well made knife. But those Maserin Plow's look really cool. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:35 am
OSCAR wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:15 am Glad Scott had no problem from the storm. Glad Royal has his dryer fixed. Sears sent me the wrong belt for my riding mower but I don’t think yard will need to be mowed again until spring.
I really like those, i have a Maserin folding hunter really well made knife. But those Maserin Plow's look really cool. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks Cudgee. The Maserin Plow is my favorite EDC. It is a special factory order made exclusively for the site I added a link to. They’re the only place that has it, and well worth the price. It’s built solid.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

HAPPY OCTOBER FCD PATRONS !
October first already. Time flies by us. 61 degrees now with a high temperature of 76 degrees. Should be a pleasant day. I’ve a lot to do today and perfect weather to get things done. Back yard needs mowing, vacuum house, grocery shopping and if time permits, going to the gym. Been having insomnia lately, and it’s not fun to be sleep deprived. Still, I have to keep up with chores. I’d give anything for eight uninterrupted hours of sleep.
Colors of the leaves are starting to turn. Soon I’ll drive up to the mountains, about 90 minutes north, to see natures beautiful colors.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Attachments
78E0E826-3C08-4180-B21C-606B9244063A.png
78E0E826-3C08-4180-B21C-606B9244063A.png (118.5 KiB) Viewed 345 times
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:47 am
cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:35 am
Thanks Cudgee. The Maserin Plow is my favorite EDC. It is a special factory order made exclusively for the site I added a link to. They’re the only place that has it, and well worth the price. It’s built solid.
I'd get one but Mike does not ship internationally. ::tu::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”