First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good afternoon y'all.
Coffee was ok, but it had been molested. A bit of extra sugar made it ok.
I plum forgot about posting until a few minutes ago.
Still weird not to be at work.
Looking for the magic penny!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

A big ::tu:: for the coffee cup photo, Oscar! Hope the antique show and fishing trips are successful.

Good afternoon to all. Currently 89 degrees here, or one degree away from the predicted high. 75 is the predicted low. We're under a heat advisory until 2200 tomorrow. I got out of bed and found the cats' food dishes nearly empty; much to my surprise, they waited patiently for me to fill up. They'd be a little less pleased with me if they knew it will soon be nail trimming time. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

The antique show was a wet mess but I scored a beautiful horseman's knife and a Puma locking knife. I knew it locked but had no clue how to unlock it. The owner stood there and smiled because he knew I wasn't going to unlock it without some effort. I finally handed it back to him and said I give up. Then he tried everything he could think of and couldn't unlock it. He had forgotten how. I took the knife back and pushed the stag scale on the front opposite the bolster and it closed. I posted pictures in Knife Finds but I'll add one here too.____Dave
Attachments
DSC01677.JPG
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

djknife13 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 pm The antique show was a wet mess but I scored a beautiful horseman's knife and a Puma locking knife. I knew it locked but had no clue how to unlock it. The owner stood there and smiled because he knew I wasn't going to unlock it without some effort. I finally handed it back to him and said I give up. Then he tried everything he could think of and couldn't unlock it. He had forgotten how. I took the knife back and pushed the stag scale on the front opposite the bolster and it closed. I posted pictures in Knife Finds but I'll add one here too.____Dave
Dave, Those are two beautiful knives. I haven’t had much luck at finding knives at a decent price and I pretty much quit buying knives when the prices went up and the economy went down. Still, if I was there I could not pass those up if the were offered at a good price. Looks like the “wet mess” was a worthwhile event. Two winners for sure. I especially like the one that has bolsters and stag scales.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good to see Willy back posting again. A regular poster who was surely missed. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:48 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:19 pm It may sound ridiculous but the pain of trying to deal with the VA to make sure the Immediate Care visit is covered is worse than the pain in my lower leg. And I have no idea what to expect vis-a-vie healing time. Is there a doctor on the forum?
jerryd6818 , Not surprising, but thoroughly sickening to know how the government treats those that gave so much for their country. Many of the homeless are veterans. All treated horribly while we have a welfare state. If that’s not bad enough, they welcome illegal immigrants and give them benefits from our taxes. Now, there’s the lawsuits against camp Lejune. Poisoning Americans for decades and doing nothing about it. It’s a national disgrace. I’ll get off my soapbox now. Hope you get well soon.
It's a world wide problem in the " Western World ". Our veterans are treated shockingly over here, while politicians and bureaucrats continue to line their pockets. Absolutely disgusting when a soldiers body is returned and politicians line up for the funeral, just for a photo shoot opportunity, just sickens me. :x :x :x
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Amen to that Cudgee. Most politicians are slime that have no respect for anyone or anything except making themselves and their cartel partners wealthier.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Opening up early. Will be offline shortly so thought i would report in. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, seems to be a few shows on this weekend. For those attending services this morning, say a prayer for Roland, and thanks that our friend Willy has recovered. ::tu:: :)
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
Thsnks for opening this morning Cudgee. Good to see you back. We received a heavy thunderstorm last night with lots of much needed rainfall. 70 now with a high of 91 & some rain predicted late afternoon. Trying to decide if I want to drive 30 minutes to a terrific diner for breakfast. Probably will.
My dog has an appointment at a dermatologist vet tomorrow for a follow up appointment. Some kind of undetermined allergy. I put my critters first and foremost.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Church in a few hours and nothing else planned for the day. Yesterday was a fun day hitting the antique show and zig zagging around mid- Minnesota hitting rummage sales and thrift stores on our way home. We are in for a stretch of weather with sunshine and mid 70's temps for most all next week and I'm loving it. Have a great Sunday and don't forget church.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thunderstorms - some may contain locally heavy rain, especially during the morning hours. High 82F. Nothing planned for the day.
Geez this box of rocks is slow this morning. ::disgust::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’, Diners.
A beautiful morning,73, clear skies, hoping for some rain later in the day. Yesterday, it rained all around us, we got a trace in the gauge. :(
Been entertaining our son and 6 year old grandson, it appears child rearing ain’t what it was 40 years ago. :roll:
Didn’t get much fishing done yesterday, thundered most of the afternoon, just enough to stay indoors. They did ride the cart all over the woods and community.
Coffee is good this morning. Church is a few hours.
Y’all have a wonderful Sunday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

We got rain!!! Right at 2” since noon yesterday. And a bit more coming this morning. Nothing severe right here but parts of southern MN have flood warnings. I saw reports of over 6” not far away in SW MN.
Am I sorry it spoiled many people’s weekend plans? Nope, not one bit!
Was good for business too, had one very happy customer that was from 200 miles away. They purchased a like new handgun they had been looking for at $200 less than new price. Another area visitor got a guitar he’d been wanting.
Sometimes I like tourists and yesterday was one.
No plans today, have a list of misc things around the house that need done.
Remember the Lord on his day.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. I have already done my run thru in the shower and such so I'll be off to services in just a bit. I have usher duty this month.
Hope you all have a blessed day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Coffee.png
Coffee.png (3.22 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Good Morning Everyone at FCD!

No plans today except church this morning and this evening. I might work on a few "honey-do's"
this afternoon if it doesn't interfere with a nap.
Everyone be sure to say a prayer for our brother Roland and his family. Have a blessed day and
be a blessing to someone... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Sunny day here.

Missing Roland and so very glad to have Willy back with us.

May your day be blessed.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy folks, been up a while. Drinking coffee and pondering. It's still hotter than blazes. Time to piddle and nap. Happy trails!
David
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cudgee wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:59 pm Absolutely disgusting when a soldiers body is returned and politicians line up for the funeral, just for a photo shoot opportunity...
Politicians just seem to be universally ::censored:: . That's definitely not a problem confined to the United States.
Quick Steel wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:24 pm Missing Roland and so very glad to have Willy back with us.
Amen!

Good afternoon to all. Currently 92 degreed here, and it's predicted to climb another two degrees. The anticipated low is 72. Our heat advisory has been neither canceled nor extended. There may be some days in the 70s next week, which would be nice. I'm enjoying a clean slate for today. Y'all have a great day!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

In the area so opening up early again. Not much to report here although we did have a beautiful late Winters day, not going to last, but i nice precursor to Spring. Enjoy the start of the week and your coffee. ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Morning Cudgee. Here they are saying heavy thunderstorms during the morning will give way to mostly cloudy skies this afternoon. High 78F. According to USPS tracking it looks like I may have a knife "out for delivery" today. First one I've bought in months. Almost 0400, maybe I'll crawl back in the rack & catch a few more Zzzzz's before I start my day. Hasta bro's.

It just hit me, today was my grandmother's birthday. She was such a sweet old soul. Been gone a long time.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning fellow diners. 73 to 87. Some say rain, some say not. We have had intense but brief showers the past two days.

Might hit the grocery store and might get some Hardee's coffee. Only time will tell how many mights turn into actualities.

peace & health
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Hello fellow diners. Not much going on. It’s 70 degrees now with a predicted 88 degrees with high humidity and no rain.
Getting ready to drive my dog to a veterinary dermatologist. Follow up on her (unknown) allergy. She does not like to travel and she instinctively knows when she is going to a vet. About 30 miles each way as there aren’t a lot of vets that specialize. She’s thankfully doing much better. That’s about all for now. Have a great day.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. Aside from the weather not much to report on here in P'ville. I have my 1st cup coolin' out just a little and some good country music playin' on the computer. Good way to start the day.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

There is chill in the air, 57 degrees. 75 later. After yesterday’s showers ended up with a total of 3 inches right here. But like so often varies greatly over the area.
Extra day to work today, partner has had great-granddaughters for a long weekend.
Didn’t get much done yesterday, just had no ambition. Still not feeling very peppy.
Birds are fighting over the bits left in the feeders so guess I best fix that. And then get on with the day.
Have a good day whatever the plan.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning on day 1 of a stretch of temps in the mid 70's with sunshine and no rain. I've been enjoying my two knives from the antique sale, especially showing off the Puma scale lock release. I think I have another one of these by a different maker somewhere. I should dig through my knives and make a thread with unusual lock blade unlocking methods. I'm off to the garage project to give the owner one more day's labor finishing up some inside wall stuff and maybe some siding before he takes over finishing the project. Tomorrow we start a full cabin build. Have a great week.____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”