I know I'm about a week late but well here's my introduction!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
MechanicalBear

Re: I know I'm about a week late but well here's my introduction!

Post by MechanicalBear »

TripleF wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:21 am Hi ::welcome::
Hello ::handshake::.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Colonel26 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:46 amWelcome!
Thank you :D.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm Welcome! It will be interesting to see what knives you have. We all come from different backgrounds and
use our knives for different uses.

Bob
Thank you, Bob, :D. I will post some of my knives later by the way.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

TPK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:32 pm Hello & ::welcome::
Thank you, I feel at home already :D.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Ripster wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:18 pm
MechanicalBear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:53 pm
    Hi y'all I'm relatively new to this forum, so let me tell y'all some stuff about myself. I'm not going to give away my exact birthdate, what state I live in, or my name by the way. I am a male, and I was born in America (I'm not going to say what state) in the early 2000s. In my early childhood, my family and I lived in a trailer park. Now let me tell y'all, our trailer was the nicest around. In hindsight that doesn't mean a whole lot, but I was, and still am grateful I had a roof over my head. In the winter the trailer would get cold so my parents would have to bring in a kerosene heater. In the summer it would get hot so they would have to turn on the AC unit. My parents would always make sure the trailer was not too hot or too cold. In my childhood we had a VHS player, me and my sibling would watch old VHS tapes on it. Later on, we got a DVD player, and, then we got cable! I would play outside with my sibling, almost every day if I remember right! I had a great early childhood overall. Then when I was 12 we moved to the house I am sitting in right now!
    Since then, a lot has happened, some of my family members have died, my sibling has started struggling with mental illness, my sibling and I have matured quite a bit, and I got into knives. I now love most types of knives. I love slip joints the most though at the moment. I love the variety of handle materials slip joints can come in, I love bone handles, Micarta handles, and even plastic handles! I also love the variety of blade shapes, and patterns slip joints come in. As far as certain brands go I am a Case guy at heart. I hope y'all have learned a bit about me.
    Thanks for sharing that! Hope you stick around and show us some of your knives. Pretty good bunch of folks here.
    I know I'm a bit late, but I attached a photo of my Case collection. I did forget to get out my one celluloid knife I keep away from other knives though, but ah well.
    Attachments
    20210514_211318_(1)~2.jpg
    MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm Welcome! It will be interesting to see what knives you have. We all come from different backgrounds and
    use our knives for different uses.

Bob
    I know I'm a bit late, but I have attached a photo of my Case collection to this comment. I did forget to get out my celluloid one that I keep away from other knives though.
    Attachments
    20210514_211318_(1)~2.jpg
    Quick Steel
    Bronze Tier
    Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A very nice assortment Bear. I particularly like the knife on the left with the dark bone.
    rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

MechanicalBear wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:12 am
    rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm
    I know I'm a bit late, but I have attached a photo of my Case collection to this comment. I did forget to get out my celluloid one that I keep away from other knives though.
    Nice assortment of patterns and covers. Looks like all are in good shape too.

Bob
    Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Welcome aboard, and great collection. I know it'll get bigger.
    USN 2000-2006
    Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
    Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
    MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:07 am A very nice assortment Bear. I particularly like the knife on the left with the dark bone.
    Thank you, also that knife you pointed out is actually synthetic! I would have gotten a bone handle slimline trapper, but nowhere near me sells one, and well I don't make the best decisions sometimes haha :D. I still love the knife of course :mrgreen:.
    MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

rea1eye wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:48 am
    MechanicalBear wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:12 am
    rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm
    I know I'm a bit late, but I have attached a photo of my Case collection to this comment. I did forget to get out the celluloid one that I keep away from other knives though.
    Nice assortment of patterns and covers. Looks like all are in good shape too.

Bob
    Thank you :mrgreen:, also the reason they are in such good shape, to be honest with you is all, but one was made within the last couple of years. The one that wasn't made in the last couple of years is the "limited edition" muskrat, it was made in either 2003 or 2004 I forgot. Oh yeah, I do have that celluloid one I forgot to get out, that one was made in 1984 I believe. I didn't know about celluloid outgassing when I got the knife. I am planning to expand my collection, and get some older Case knives though.
    1967redrider
    Gold Tier
    Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great looking group of Case knives, and ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake::

Lots of great knife information here, and then some. The friendliest knife forum on the web (if you ask me 😉).
    Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
    MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

1967redrider wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:29 pm Great looking group of Case knives, and ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake::

Lots of great knife information here, and then some. The friendliest knife forum on the web (if you ask me 😉).
    Thank you ::ds::, also I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been going through some stuff lately, and I was busy dealing with it.
    MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

1967redrider wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:29 pm Great looking group of Case knives, and ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake::

Thank you :mrgreen:, also I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been going through some stuff lately, and couldn't find the time to respond.
    MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:36 pm Welcome aboard, and great collection. I know it'll get bigger.
    Thank you :mrgreen:, I am planning on getting a older Case knife soon. Also, I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been dealing with some stuff lately.

Return to “Member Introductions”