I know I'm about a week late but well here's my introduction!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
MechanicalBear

I know I'm about a week late but well here's my introduction!

Post by MechanicalBear »

Hi y'all I'm relatively new to this forum, so let me tell y'all some stuff about myself. I'm not going to give away my exact birthdate, what state I live in, or my name by the way. I am a male, and I was born in America (I'm not going to say what state) in the early 2000s. In my early childhood, my family and I lived in a trailer park. Now let me tell y'all, our trailer was the nicest around. In hindsight that doesn't mean a whole lot, but I was, and still am grateful I had a roof over my head. In the winter the trailer would get cold so my parents would have to bring in a kerosene heater. In the summer it would get hot so they would have to turn on the AC unit. My parents would always make sure the trailer was not too hot or too cold. In my childhood we had a VHS player, me and my sibling would watch old VHS tapes on it. Later on, we got a DVD player, and, then we got cable! I would play outside with my sibling, almost every day if I remember right! I had a great early childhood overall. Then when I was 12 we moved to the house I am sitting in right now!
    Since then, a lot has happened, some of my family members have died, my sibling has started struggling with mental illness, my sibling and I have matured quite a bit, and I got into knives. I now love most types of knives. I love slip joints the most though at the moment. I love the variety of handle materials slip joints can come in, I love bone handles, Micarta handles, and even plastic handles! I also love the variety of blade shapes, and patterns slip joints come in. As far as certain brands go I am a Case guy at heart. I hope y'all have learned a bit about me.
    Ripster
    Gold Tier
    Gold Tier

Re: I know I'm about a week late but well here's my introduction!

Post by Ripster »

MechanicalBear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:53 pm
      Hi y'all I'm relatively new to this forum, so let me tell y'all some stuff about myself. I'm not going to give away my exact birthdate, what state I live in, or my name by the way. I am a male, and I was born in America (I'm not going to say what state) in the early 2000s. In my early childhood, my family and I lived in a trailer park. Now let me tell y'all, our trailer was the nicest around. In hindsight that doesn't mean a whole lot, but I was, and still am grateful I had a roof over my head. In the winter the trailer would get cold so my parents would have to bring in a kerosene heater. In the summer it would get hot so they would have to turn on the AC unit. My parents would always make sure the trailer was not too hot or too cold. In my childhood we had a VHS player, me and my sibling would watch old VHS tapes on it. Later on, we got a DVD player, and, then we got cable! I would play outside with my sibling, almost every day if I remember right! I had a great early childhood overall. Then when I was 12 we moved to the house I am sitting in right now!
      Since then, a lot has happened, some of my family members have died, my sibling has started struggling with mental illness, my sibling and I have matured quite a bit, and I got into knives. I now love most types of knives. I love slip joints the most though at the moment. I love the variety of handle materials slip joints can come in, I love bone handles, Micarta handles, and even plastic handles! I also love the variety of blade shapes, and patterns slip joints come in. As far as certain brands go I am a Case guy at heart. I hope y'all have learned a bit about me.
      Thanks for sharing that! Hope you stick around and show us some of your knives. Pretty good bunch of folks here.
      JP
      Railsplitter
      Gold Tier
      Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks for the introduction Mr. Bear. Welcome. We’re happy to have you here.
      Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
      OLDE CUTLER
      Gold Tier
      Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Welcome to AAPK. ::welcome:: ::welcome:: I would like to see some pics of your knives.
      "Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
      Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Hi!
      Take care and God bless,

Steve
      TSgt USAF, Retired
      1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
      MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Ripster wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:18 pm
        Thanks for sharing that! Hope you stick around and show us some of your knives. Pretty good bunch of folks here.
        I will show y'all some of my knives tomorrow. It ain't a big collection, but hopefully you will like what you see :mrgreen:.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Steve Warden wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:30 pmHi!
        Hi ::handshake::.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Railsplitter wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 pm Thanks for the introduction Mr. Bear. Welcome. We’re happy to have you here.
        Thank you, I'm happy to be here ::ds::.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:27 pm Welcome to AAPK. ::welcome:: ::welcome:: I would like to see some pics of your knives.
        I'll show you some of them tomorrow :D. I don't have a very big collection, but I am glad to have what I do have.
        Quick Steel
        Bronze Tier
        Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Welcome aboard Bear. Glad to have you with us. ::handshake::
        TripleF
        Bronze Tier
        Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Hi ::welcome::
        SCOTT
        HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
        https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
        Colonel26
        Bronze Tier
        Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome!
        “There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
        Robert E. Lee
        rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Welcome! It will be interesting to see what knives you have. We all come from different backgrounds and
        use our knives for different uses.

Bob
        TPK

Post by TPK »

Hello & ::welcome::
        TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 am Welcome aboard Bear. Glad to have you with us. ::handshake::
        Thank you, I'm happy to be here ::groove::.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

TripleF wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:21 am Hi ::welcome::
        Hello ::handshake::.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Colonel26 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:46 amWelcome!
        Thank you :D.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm Welcome! It will be interesting to see what knives you have. We all come from different backgrounds and

Bob
        Thank you, Bob, :D. I will post some of my knives later by the way.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

TPK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:32 pm Hello & ::welcome::
        Thank you, I feel at home already :D.
        MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Ripster wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:18 pm
          I know I'm a bit late, but I attached a photo of my Case collection. I did forget to get out my one celluloid knife I keep away from other knives though, but ah well.
          Attachments
          20210514_211318_(1)~2.jpg
          MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm Welcome! It will be interesting to see what knives you have. We all come from different backgrounds and

Bob
          I know I'm a bit late, but I have attached a photo of my Case collection to this comment. I did forget to get out my celluloid one that I keep away from other knives though.
          Attachments
          20210514_211318_(1)~2.jpg
          Quick Steel
          Bronze Tier
          Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A very nice assortment Bear. I particularly like the knife on the left with the dark bone.
          rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

MechanicalBear wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:12 am
          rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm
          I know I'm a bit late, but I have attached a photo of my Case collection to this comment. I did forget to get out my celluloid one that I keep away from other knives though.
          Nice assortment of patterns and covers. Looks like all are in good shape too.

Bob
          Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Welcome aboard, and great collection. I know it'll get bigger.
          USN 2000-2006
          Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
          Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
          MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:07 am A very nice assortment Bear. I particularly like the knife on the left with the dark bone.
          Thank you, also that knife you pointed out is actually synthetic! I would have gotten a bone handle slimline trapper, but nowhere near me sells one, and well I don't make the best decisions sometimes haha :D. I still love the knife of course :mrgreen:.

Return to “Member Introductions”