Stone Folding Knife

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Mhhayess007

Stone Folding Knife

Post by Mhhayess007 »

Hello,

I am new here and wanted to ask a question about this knife. what can you tell me about G.W. stone knives and why would this one be stamped with B.R. which I have authenticated as being for Bill Hughes.
what would be the value of this knife?
Attachments
received_1904935292951565.jpeg
received_557336044732911.jpeg
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Stone Folding Knife

Post by deo-pa »

Here is some information for you: viewtopic.php?t=45241

Why would the initials BR stand for Bill Hughes?

Dennis
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Nice find, and welcome to AAPK. You won’t find a knife anywhere with better steel. G. W. Stone was a custom maker, so I suppose within limits you could get whatever you wanted stamped on a knife you ordered. He also made knives on speculation which he sold from his shop and at shows. The best source of current value is to do an advanced search of “sold listings” only, on eBay. You may not find one exactly like your knife but any comparable Stone folders sold will get you in the ballpark.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Mhhayess007

Post by Mhhayess007 »

deo-pa wrote:Here is some information for you: viewtopic.php?t=45241

Why would the initials BR stand for Bill Hughes?

Dennis
Bill Hughes was a knife maker I believe from Texas and was a good friend of G.W Stone. I emailed Mr. Hughes a picture of the knife and asked if he was in fact the "B.R." stamped in the blade. He replied via e-mail and said yes he was and in fact he remembered The knife and commented a little about receiving it from G.W.

http://www.americanbladesmith.com/index ... ges&id=153
Mhhayess007

Post by Mhhayess007 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Nice find, and welcome to AAPK. You won’t find a knife anywhere with better steel. G. W. Stone was a custom maker, so I suppose within limits you could get whatever you wanted stamped on a knife you ordered. He also made knives on speculation which he sold from his shop and at shows. The best source of current value is to do an advanced search of “sold listings” only, on eBay. You may not find one exactly like your knife but any comparable Stone folders sold will get you in the ballpark.

Ken

Thank you ken

Return to “Member Introductions”