New member from Mackay, Autralia

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Ozwelder

New member from Mackay, Autralia

Post by Ozwelder »

Hi Everyone,
I have just recently joined and realised I had not said gidday as yet,

I am Ozwelder and started as an apprentice Boilermaker welder and finished my career as a trade training teacher and, instructor.

I have this addiction to traditional folding knives. The combination of polished wood, steel, brass and other shiny stuff gets me every day.

I have been lusting after pocket knives for nearly 60 years and surprisingly only have managed to have collected about a 100 or so.

I hope to buy old knives and repair them. I was introduced to this forum by Brumby, an onya mate, for that.

This forum seems fairly unique as I have not found much info in other knife forums about the repair of old or damaged old traditional knives.

Thanks for having me here.

Ozwelder
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New member from Mackay, Autralia

Post by doglegg »

Ozwelder wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am Ozwelder and started as an apprentice Boilermaker welder and finished my career as a trade training teacher and, instructor.

I have this addiction to traditional folding knives. The combination of polished wood, steel, brass and other shiny stuff gets me every day.

I have been lusting after pocket knives for nearly 60 years and surprisingly only have managed to have collected about a 100 or so.

I hope to buy old knives and repair them. I was introduced to this forum by Brumby, an onya mate, for that.

This forum seems fairly unique as I have not found much info in other knife forums about the repair of old or damaged old traditional knives.

Ozwelder
Well Ozwelder, welcome, inspite of dropping names like 'Brumby' we will let you stay any way. And there are some super knife mechanics here. It is a privilege to see their before and after pictures. Maybe you can post some of yours. Welcome, look forward to future post. ::tu::
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Welcome to the forum, Ozwelder. ::tu::
Joe
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Welcome! Glad you're here!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Welcome Sir.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Welcome aboard. Any idea what shipping charges are from US to Australia? I have some broken knives from the latest collection I bought that I will have to figure out what I want to do with them one of these days.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Hello from California!! Glad to meet you Ozwelder. ::welcome:: Hope you stay a while. Good bunch of guys here. ::nod::

________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ozwelder, glad you'r with us mate. We can never have enough Australians. ::handshake::
Hunsta

Post by Hunsta »

Ozwelder wrote:Hi Everyone,

Ozwelder
Hey mate. Gday from Gympie. Just joined myself and saw another aussie introduction. So what a surprise to find your a Boily. Like me. Live in Qld. Like me. And have a thing for old blades. Like me. Like you I too couldnt find anywhere Oz side that caters for the folding collector in the way of forums. I am however new to restoration and repair. Hope to learn a bit here.
Cheers
I REALLY AM A NICE GUY. JUST ASK ANYONE THAT HASNT MET ME. ::nod::

Return to “Member Introductions”