New to AAPK and knife selling

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
wlf

Re: New to AAPK and knife selling

Post by wlf »

You can find a lot of “Preachers “ all over the internet Jerry. :)

Welcome Mark.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Jerry, No offense taken, I was making a joke. Honestly I wish I had people w/ half the character of the folks I talk to here on AAPK in the churches I had pastored. Oh I could tell you stories about all the problems and bad treatment I have received over the years as a pastor. This forum is filled w/ respectful, thoughtful and caring people. That’s what I love about interacting here w/ you and others. This is such a refuge.
My doctor told me for years that the church was stressing me out too much and I didn’t believe him, but once I stopped pastoring and concentrated full time on my full time job as a financial advisor, the stress went down dramatically. Hate to say it but I doubt that I will ever pastor again. It’s too stressful. I am loving this hobby of knife collecting, buying, selling and trading. There is no stress there, just enjoyment.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My dad used to say that preaching one 30 minute sermon was equal to an eight hour days worth of work at a job. I thought he was stretching it but maybe not. ::shrug::

Of course, there's a difference between "preaching" and "delivering a sermon".
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Amen to that. I was a preacher. And it is draining.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Member Introductions”