Greetings from Spain :)

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
ArtesaniaHerreros

Greetings from Spain :)

Post by ArtesaniaHerreros »

Good day you all,

My name is José Antonio Herreros. I am a knife and pocket knives artisan from Spain.

It has been more than 44 years when I started making my own knives (when I was 13 years old) and today I can proudly name myself as an "amateur" (everyday you learn something new) artisan. I have been working with the most famous and finest cutlery brands from Spain, thanks to that, I have been awarded with the most important titles inside the Spanish handmade cutlery.

Recently, I decided to make my own webpage http://www.artesaniaherreros.es/en/ since the Spanish handmade cutlery is dissapearing. Sadly, I have to start from cero since I have no photos (or the ones I have are really old) of my oldest creations ::dang::, but, I try to keep the webpage updated with more products (with quality photos), videos, etc. so one day I could proudly look at it as my own catalogue.

I have attached you a few photos of my latest products, they are just a little glimpse of my daily work, but I hope you like it.

Thanks a lot to everyone who told me on facebook about this marvelous forum, and thanks everyone for letting me part of this awesome community!

Greetings from Spain - José Antonio Herreros, Knives and folding knives artisan from Spain.
Attachments
Ref-006-Navaja-clasica-de-caza-ciervo-pulido-claveteada-laton-con-micarta-bicolor-1.jpg
Ref-008-Navaja-clasica-machete-muflón-punta-tanto-2.jpg
Ref-009-Navaja-clasica-estilete-ciervo-pulido-claveteado-virola-alpaca-2.jpg
Ref-011-Navaja-albacete-bufalo-virola-decorada-a-mano-latón-3.jpg
Ref-012-Navaja-piston-combinada-bufalo-ciervo-trenzado-latón-3.jpg
Ref-013-Navaja-Clásica-Albacete-búfalo-virola-rebajo-latón-2.jpg
You can visit my webpage on https://www.artesaniaherreros.es/en/
Steve Warden

Re: Greetings from Spain :)

Post by Steve Warden »

First, welcome!
Some beautiful work there, Jose'. ::tu:: ::tu::

I made it to Spain twice while I was in the Air Force, both time to Rota Naval Air Station, down in Cadiz. Good times!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Jose, welcome to AAPK ::welcome:: Some nice pics of your work and some very nice looking knives. Trying to think if I have any Spanish made knives. I think I have an Aitor that was made there.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Welcome good looking Knives ::tu:: ::tu::
BWT

Post by BWT »

Welcome Jose, beautiful knives!!!
Bill
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Welcome Jose! Glad to have you with us. I very much appreciate the style of your knives. Fine looking Navajas, in fact the nicest I have seen. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK José. Glad to have you aboard.
AAPK Welcome Sign - New+.jpg
Steve Warden wrote: I made it to Spain twice while I was in the Air Force, both time to Rota Naval Air Station, down in Cadiz. Good times!
Steve, I too went to Rota. It was as part of Operation Steel Pike in the fall of 1964. Didn't see much of Rota. We were set up back off the beach far enough we couldn't see or hear the ocean but it was still sandy. I have fond memories of that trip.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

Welcome to aapk! Beautiful knives you make.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jerryd6818 wrote:Welcome to AAPK José. Glad to have you aboard.

Steve Warden wrote: I made it to Spain twice while I was in the Air Force, both time to Rota Naval Air Station, down in Cadiz. Good times!
Steve, I too went to Rota. It was as part of Operation Steel Pike in the fall of 1964. Didn't see much of Rota. We were set up back off the beach far enough we couldn't see or hear the ocean but it was still sandy. I have fond memories of that trip.
We had a small enroute squadron there, 90 day rotations, that took care of the C-141s that would shuttle in and out.
Just remembered I was there three times (getting old ain't for wimps). The last time was during the Kosovo War. Worked the KC-10 tankers that were refueling the fighters.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Steve Warden wrote:

We had a small enroute squadron there, 90 day rotations, that took care of the C-141s that would shuttle in and out.
Just remembered I was there three times (getting old ain't for wimps). The last time was during the Kosovo War. Worked the KC-10 tankers that were refueling the fighters.
We were supposed to get a couple days liberty in Rota but a storm came up right after we boarded the ship and they said it wasn't safe to bring the liberty boats along side so we steamed down to the Canary Islands for four days liberty. Much better.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Jose, ::welcome:: to AAPK from Florida!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

::welcome:: From Arizona Jose...you will find your stay here quite pleasant...
lot of other knife makers to swap shop stories with....
real nice knives ya made there,,, look like quality pieces,
interesting pin placements too on 2 of the folders pictured....
enjoy your stay on AAPK

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

::welcome::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

::welcome:: from Kentucky. We're glad to have you join us and hope you'll like it here.

You do beautiful work Jose'. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by EyeBJoe »

From one Jose' to another, Welcome to AAPK. ::handshake:: I have a great memory of visiting a knife shop in Madrid in 2016 and looking at some of the impressive custom made knives from Spanish knife makers. Your knives are equally impressive. You will enjoy exchanging ideas and techniques here.

Joe D.
Joseito
ArtesaniaHerreros

Post by ArtesaniaHerreros »

WOW lots of answers! I didn't expect this welcome!! thank you all guys for your kind words and warm welcome! it's an HONOR, with capital letters to be part of AAPK.
Steve Warden wrote:First, welcome!
Some beautiful work there, Jose'. ::tu:: ::tu::

I made it to Spain twice while I was in the Air Force, both time to Rota Naval Air Station, down in Cadiz. Good times!
Thank you Steve! I have been in Cadiz as well ! fishing and selling my pocket knives, but mostly fishing :P. I have a great respect for the Navy, my greatfather served as well on the Spanish Navy, I think I have his old uniform somewhere!
OLDE CUTLER wrote:Jose, welcome to AAPK ::welcome:: Some nice pics of your work and some very nice looking knives. Trying to think if I have any Spanish made knives. I think I have an Aitor that was made there.
Thank you Olde cutler :)! Aitor made great knives (it was made on Ermua (north of Spain)), but they suddendly close the factory, another company bought it and started to distribute Aitor's products (they didn't make any product at all, they hired third party companies in order to manufacture them), but one more time that distributor left the business and the original Aitor owners bought it again! So it would depend of how old your knife, your Aitor may be an original Aitor, an Aitor made from that third company (which hired other companies to make the knives), or a modern Aitor! Btw, stay away of the brand "ATK" sold from Aitor as well, everything from ATK is made on China ::td::
kennedy knives wrote:Welcome good looking Knives ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks man ! :) looking forward to see some of your stuff!
BWT wrote:Welcome Jose, beautiful knives!!!
thank you BWT!! :)
Quick Steel wrote:Welcome Jose! Glad to have you with us. I very much appreciate the style of your knives. Fine looking Navajas, in fact the nicest I have seen. ::handshake::
WOW! that means a lot to me! I don't know if they are the finest or not, but I put a lot of pasion and effort :P, glad to know you have liked them!
Good Idea: you, Steve and me should meet on Rota again, first round is on me ;)
sam eib wrote:Welcome to aapk! Beautiful knives you make.
Thank you Sam!! :) Really appreciate it!
treefarmer wrote:Jose, ::welcome:: to AAPK from Florida!
Treefarmer
Thank you TreeFarmer! Greetings from Spain :D
stagman wrote:::welcome:: From Arizona Jose...you will find your stay here quite pleasant...
lot of other knife makers to swap shop stories with....
real nice knives ya made there,,, look like quality pieces,
interesting pin placements too on 2 of the folders pictured....
enjoy your stay on AAPK

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Dear Stagman (nice name lol), thank a lot for your kind words! I will try to keep it up-to-date so be tune ;) I will be posting more and more pieces from time to time!
TripleF wrote:::welcome::
Thanks man!
philco wrote:::welcome:: from Kentucky. We're glad to have you join us and hope you'll like it here.

You do beautiful work Jose'. ::tu::
Thanks a lot Philco! :) that means a lot to me!
EyeBJoe wrote:From one Jose' to another, Welcome to AAPK. ::handshake:: I have a great memory of visiting a knife shop in Madrid in 2016 and looking at some of the impressive custom made knives from Spanish knife makers. Your knives are equally impressive. You will enjoy exchanging ideas and techniques here.

Joe D.
Joseito
From one Jose to another, really nice to meet you! :) I will surely do! the forum is that big that I don't know where to start with! there are so much to share and so much to learn that I am eager!
You can visit my webpage on https://www.artesaniaherreros.es/en/
espn77

Post by espn77 »

ArtesaniaHerreros wrote:Btw, stay away of the brand "ATK" sold from Aitor as well, everything from ATK is made on China ::td::
Welcome. Had to chuckle at that comment. Good to see other countries knife guys have the same ideas about there knives. ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great looking knives and ::welcome:: to AAPK!!!

Aren't some Hen & Rooster fixed blades made in Toledo, Spain?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Member Introductions”