Hello from Florida

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hello from Florida

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

BWT wrote:
OLDE CUTLER wrote:Welcome to AAPK from South Dakota. ::welcome:: Do you have a collecting specialty?
So far older knives, and with a rare tang stamp money permitting. I guess it's the history and the quality that they could produce with the tools, machinery and materials in those days. What about you? Bill
My main interest is camper knives and stockman. I do buy a lot of junkers to rebuild also, do rehandles on them and so on. As you mentioned, the large number of companies that made knives back in the day is also very interesting to me.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
artmcclure
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by artmcclure »

Hello! from Vero Beach. Welcome to AAPK. Mostly a laid-back place.
Art McClure
BWT

Post by BWT »

artmcclure wrote:Hello! from Vero Beach. Welcome to AAPK. Mostly a laid-back place.
Thanks, been there many times over the years. My uncle lived off of Oslo and about 33 Ave, but he passed away 5 years ago.
Bill
BWT

Post by BWT »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:
BWT wrote:
OLDE CUTLER wrote:Welcome to AAPK from South Dakota. ::welcome:: Do you have a collecting specialty?
So far older knives, and with a rare tang stamp money permitting. I guess it's the history and the quality that they could produce with the tools, machinery and materials in those days. What about you? Bill
My main interest is camper knives and stockman. I do buy a lot of junkers to rebuild also, do rehandles on them and so on. As you mentioned, the large number of companies that made knives back in the day is also very interesting to me.
I bought one that was out gassing and replaced the handles without taking apart. I need to read some on taking one apart before I try it. Here's a couple of photos, I did lose two pins, dropped them and they were to small for me to find.
Attachments
20171220_165547.jpg
20171220_165537.jpg
Bill
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

How did I miss this?
Attachments
Camillus 72 1946-1950 Bone - Welcome To AAPK-crop.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
BWT

Post by BWT »

jerryd6818 wrote:How did I miss this?
Now that is my kind of knife!!!
Bill
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Welcome to the group! Send some sunshine to those of us up here in the north! :D
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
BWT

Post by BWT »

Jeffinn wrote:Welcome to the group! Send some sunshine to those of us up here in the north! :D
Thanks I really enjoy AAPK, sunny here today, 65 today and 69 tomorrow, then it's going to be cold all week.
Bill

Return to “Member Introductions”