Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

Hello. Just taking interest in Swinguard autos and decided to sign up here today. Live in Ohio. Married for 23 of the 34 years I have been with my wife. Love the white pearl as it's my favorite finish on a drum set too. Been playing since the age of 4 and still own a beautiful kit but a devastating occurance in my family this past Jan broke my hrart so bad my ambition to pick up the sticks has dwindled. So that's a little about me. I do have a new addition I posted questions about in the switchblade section. Hope all are well.

Johnny
espn77

Re: New Member

Post by espn77 »

Glad to have you here Johnny. It's hard not to like a good pearl knife. My only switchblade pearl.
Attachments
20171014_192602.jpg
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Hi Johnny!! Welcome to AAPK-The friendliest knife forum on the planet. ::welcome:: Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hopefully you can stick around and chat with us from time to time. You'll meet a lot of nice people here.

As far as Drummers go, I'm sure you know who this is... (Click on photo to enlarge)

"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

AAPK Welcome Sign.jpg
AAPK Welcome Sign.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

XX Case XX wrote:Hi Johnny!! Welcome to AAPK-The friendliest knife form on the planet. ::welcome:: Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hopefully you can stick around and chat with us from time to time. You'll meet a lot of nice people here.

As far as Drummers go, I'm sure you know who this is... (Click on photo to enlarge)

Thanks Mike and love Mr. Peart. Quite aware of his loss and heartaches . Not too different as far a losing someone we love . Our oldest son shot and killed himself Jan 14th and damn near tore my heart out when my wife called me to tell me as I was in my recovery room from nero surgery the day before this happened. Still a bit in a fog but hanging in there. We were left his 2 daughters 1 and 4 as the mother is on the heroin so the girls needed us. Dad all over again at 57. This is the first time I have felt strong enough to tell anyone on a public forum so please believe I am still struggling a bit. My son was 11 days away from his 30th birthday. Family is still very sad. Hope that wasn't to messy to share??

johnny
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Suicide is one of the most selfish things anyone can do. In my opinion it's fortunate the children are so young. Maybe it will have less effect on them. My ex-son-in-law hung himself about three years ago. My grandchildren were 19 and 17 at the time. It's devastating for everyone that's left behind. I'm sorry, I cant' go on.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

jerryd6818 wrote:Suicide is one of the most selfish things anyone can do. In my opinion it's fortunate the children are so young. Maybe it will have less effect on them. My ex-son-in-law hung himself about three years ago. My grandchildren were 19 and 17 at the time. It's devastating for everyone that's left behind. I'm sorry, I cant' go on.
I am so sorry Jerry. We are all struggling with it here as he was a great boy and such a smart young man. I pray he made it ro heaven as what he did was drug sickness induced.
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

jerryd6818 wrote:Suicide is one of the most selfish things anyone can do. In my opinion it's fortunate the children are so young. Maybe it will have less effect on them. My ex-son-in-law hung himself about three years ago. My grandchildren were 19 and 17 at the time. It's devastating for everyone that's left behind. I'm sorry, I cant' go on.
I am so sorry Jerry. We are all struggling with it here as he was a great boy and such a smart young man. I pray he made it ro heaven as what he did was drug sickness induced.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

What ever the cause, those left behind will never know what was so unbearable they had to resort to such a drastic solution. You have my heart felt sympathies. It never goes away but it does get a little easier to live with. It all takes time.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

tophatjohnny wrote:
XX Case XX wrote:Hi Johnny!! Welcome to AAPK-The friendliest knife form on the planet. ::welcome:: Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hopefully you can stick around and chat with us from time to time. You'll meet a lot of nice people here.

Thanks Mike and love Mr. Peart. Quite aware of his loss and heartaches . Not too different as far a losing someone we love . Our oldest son shot and killed himself Jan 14th and damn near tore my heart out when my wife called me to tell me as I was in my recovery room from nero surgery the day before this happened. Still a bit in a fog but hanging in there. We were left his 2 daughters 1 and 4 as the mother is on the heroin so the girls needed us. Dad all over again at 57. This is the first time I have felt strong enough to tell anyone on a public forum so please believe I am still struggling a bit. My son was 11 days away from his 30th birthday. Family is still very sad. Hope that wasn't to messy to share??

johnny
Dude, I didn't read a post after this one.

I have a family that is FULL of dysfunctional cr%p, and I have learned ONE thing from it...
YOU are there for a reason, and YOU did not create what happened. Thats two things but they are the same.

Crud is just like a snowball, it gathers itself into a massive event. There is nothing you can do to change the laws of physics, any more than you can change a sequence of events in another persons perspective.

The reason YOU are in this is to pay it forward brother. If you do not understand what happened, and why... forget that!!! You never will
Raise those babies as yours, because they were always meant to be yours. They are YOU! ::tear:: but you know this. If you can not teach by example, then teach by what you do NOT want to happen, ::tu::

Leave the mom to make her own future but ALWAYS let those babies know that they HAVE a mom, and a dad that just were not ready (in a spiritual sense) to be the parents that they ALWAYS WANTED TO BE!. Tell those babies that YOU love them. That is all they need to gain a foothold in life. Someone loves them.

Hell of an introduction I know... PM me if you want to chat... I know your pain Bro., and start hittin' the skins because you might have a baby "Charlie Rich" in your house.
I'm here!
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Welcome to AAPK Johnny. I just joined a little over a week ago and I can't believe all the great info and tons of pictures these people have to share. Sorry to hear about your tough times.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

Just nice for a Pearl man.
Look up Molly Duncan... Life IS good. AWB Friend of mine. Actually family for the person that I do a Lot of work for... Mike Marshall
Average White Band

Loyd Cole... Friend of Molly, and as a kid I knew 30 years ago... Today we are old as a bad word.

The Smiths... well... Ok... Didn't hang w/ Johnny but I worked the same venues in America. (tuxedos, capitol theater)

These are people that I know. Just do what you do, and people will be there. Keep hittin' skins Bro. I hope you can tune them.

There are TONS of drummers, and you know they are all f/d up. All drummers are f'd up because who else can sing, AND hit drums???
Phill C. No one else!
Raise your babies Bro... I know a guy that needs a drummer... Jonny Debt A Canadian songwriter. Tell him Ken McLaughlin sent you. Jonny Debt <jonnydebt at gmail.com>
He LOVES people, and knives.
He's cooler that me. 8)

One more "beater"
Tash Sultana.
She makes her own beats,,,
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Welcome to AAPK, tophatjohnny! ::handshake::
Sorry to hear of the recent events in your family. Sharing what's on our hearts is pretty good therapy and you'll find there are some caring folks on this forum. Just go down the forum to the Off Topic section and open up The Upper Room Forum and you'll realize you're in good company.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Member Introductions”