Hello from Central Florida!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Bucksway

Hello from Central Florida!

Post by Bucksway »

I'm Bucksway and I am a knifeaholic. .I first found this forum in 2016 and I think it's a great community and I will learn much especially non Buck brand knives. I started collecting Buck 112's in 2006 and over the years it has brought me a lot of joy and happiness when physical problems seemed overwhelming. .I display at the Blade show in Atlanta most years and am a life member of the BCCI. I came back here last night and was happy to share with the member who was looking to find info on a odd 112 he got from his Dad and it brought home that one of the best things about collecting is sharing your knowledge with your colleagues. I'll be hanging out in the Buck section for the most part but will be looking all over like a miner searching for gold!
americanedgetech

Re: Hello from Central Florida!

Post by americanedgetech »

Hi Bucksway,
It sounds like you have a good thing going there with your "hobby".

You won't have to search for Gold here at all.
It's all over the place! :lol:
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Hello Bucksway ::welcome:: Nice to meet you. Hope you'll stay with us for a spell. We're all pretty nice here. I have some Bucks too, no 112's but I have some Pre-86 items. Post as much as you want and add as many pictures as well. We love pictures... ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Welcome Bucksway. We're glad you decided to join us. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. Please post some pictures of your knives when you get the time. We love pictures here.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome. I don't actively collect Buck knives but they seem to accumulate anyway. I think I have a couple dozen. Some day I'll have to dig them out and put them together for a picture. Maybe I do collect them and haven't realized it yet. Anyway good to meet you. ___Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Welcome to AAPK and Howdy from the Panhandle, Bucksway!
We used to live in central Florida about 40 some years ago, it got too crowded. :(
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK! Glad you decided to join in. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Welcome to AAPK. I think I only have one 112.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Bucksway

Post by Bucksway »

My brother David introduced to to knife collecting and the world of Bucks in 2005. He is absolutely crazy about the 110. He wanted me to keep him company at the Blade show in Atlanta. I went and was amazed both by the show and how welcomed I was by the Buck collectors. I started with 112's because I didn't want to compete with him buying 110's. I constraited on odd ball 112's from the very start. First because most are lower cost and many I chase are seldom seen and I find them more intresting but as I got more into collecting. .I had to adjust my Buck budget higher ! I'm a 100 % service connected disabled USN vet and collecting gave me a new intrest in my life when physical problems seemed overwhelming to me. I get a lot of joy from the hobby. .I absolutely love the chase for the odd ones! In 2014 I had some money issues and sold about a dozen to finance a pair of Glocks I felt I should have in the house..and that was a mistake I'll never do again. I've made some great friends in the Buck community and that I consider the best part of collecting period. One big reason I come to this forum was to learn more about other brands and types of knives. I never owned or used any kind of folder other than a single blade locking knife my adult life. I know most of my knife budget will go to 112's but I figure to keep a open mind and try other types and brands.

Return to “Member Introductions”