Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
UncleMoon

Post by UncleMoon »

Hi kids! I'm a new guy here to the forums. I've had a knife in my pocket for about 44 years now, and really like the style of the older ones. I'm not really a collector (yet) but have a handful of knives I love. I originally came here to see if I could learn who made a knife I recently found at a garage sale. Decided it was a cool place and signed up.

BTW - the knife that started this all for me here is this one. It's marked "MEPHISTO" but looks identical to the Millers Bros knife in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22856&start=750#p537757

Mephisto 3.jpg
Mephisto 4.jpg
Mephisto 2.jpg
Mephisto 1.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Member

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK UncleMoon! And thanks for showing us your Mephisto. Nice old knife!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I agree with the folks on Blade Forums. Looks like it was maybe made by Ulster.
AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg
AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Hi and Welcome. You must have hung around long enough to know we love pictures because you started off with a good one. Yeah this is a fun place to hang around with lots of friendly helpful people that will do whatever it takes to turn you into a serious collector. Have you been able to find out any more about the Mephisto name? None of my reference books list it although John Goins book lists a Mephisco but has no information on that and apparently got the name wrong. Good to meet you. ___Dave
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK, the most informative and friendly knife site on the web. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Welcome 'Uncle' that's one nice old and well loved knife ::tu::
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
UncleMoon

Post by UncleMoon »

djknife13 wrote:Hi and Welcome. You must have hung around long enough to know we love pictures because you started off with a good one. Yeah this is a fun place to hang around with lots of friendly helpful people that will do whatever it takes to turn you into a serious collector. Have you been able to find out any more about the Mephisto name? None of my reference books list it although John Goins book lists a Mephisco but has no information on that and apparently got the name wrong. Good to meet you. ___Dave
I'm a regular on a bbq forum and a weber grill enthusiast forum, and we ALL dig the pictures.

All y'all have been real nice and welcoming. Thanks for that, I hope to hang around a while.
UncleMoon

Post by UncleMoon »

jerryd6818 wrote:I agree with the folks on Blade Forums. Looks like it was maybe made by Ulster.

AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg
Thanks for the opinion. I have a friend who thinks whoever made it - it was a promotional item give out to Mephisto tool dealers back in the day. Kind of like the way Snap-On or MAC Tools does now. I know I'm hanging on to it. I figure if I can't find any others with the same tang stamp it's hard to find. Those are the ones I like best.
UncleMoon

Post by UncleMoon »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Welcome to AAPK UncleMoon! And thanks for showing us your Mephisto. Nice old knife!

Ken
1967redrider wrote:::welcome:: to AAPK, the most informative and friendly knife site on the web. ::nod::
Brumbydownunder wrote:Welcome 'Uncle' that's one nice old and well loved knife ::tu::
Thanks everyone, great to be here.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Welcome here, UncleMoon.
That's a nice old folder you have. ::tu::
Joe
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Howdy, UncleMoon. ::welcome:: to AAPK from LA (lower Alabama-the Florida Panhandle), BBQ and knives, I believe you'll fit right in! ::handshake::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome aboard. Glad to have ya here with us.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Member Introductions”