New kiddo from Saskatchewan, Canada

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
WillyCamaro

New kiddo from Saskatchewan, Canada

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hey Everybody!
Let me introduce myself. My name is William Onofreychuk. I'm up here in the great white north right now :wink:
I joined a few days ago, just found this topic, so i guess i have to post.
Like all ya boys, I really, really, really like knives of all kinds. Also luv old antiques of all kinds. There is something about old tools that just appeals to me. I guess the history plays a big part.
Nothing like an old, well made pocket knife in your hand. You can feel the quality. Nothing like it. Anyway.
You cannot beat a canoe for the fit in your hand. I guess it is one of my favorite patterns.
I have just started collecting, first knife was a gift from Dad. A brand new in the box Hen and Rooster 165th anniversary 2 blade canoe ::super_happy:: . Beautiful knife. Will try and post photos of all my knives soon.
Just to let everyone know I am a 19 year old dude who's a real BORN AGAIN CHIRSTIAN! GOD BE BLESSED! ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
GOD BLESS YOU and have a great new year!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New kiddo from Saskatchewan, Canada

Post by philco »

Willy it's great to have a younger guy such as yourself join our group. It's even better that you are a Christian and know our Lord Jesus as your savior. Welcome to AAPK. Please make yourself at home and be a valued part of our AAPK community. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Welcome here, William O.

Glad to have you here. ::nod::
Joe
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Willy, welcome to AAPK! It’s great to see a young Christian man signing up and contributing. Here is a link that goes to a thread that shows a lot of Canoe knives. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27186. There is a pattern called a Gunboat Canoe you might want to research. It is 4 1/4 inches closed and usually has 3 blades.

This is a nice read about the type of men who carry pocket knives. The first post in the thread links to the article. It has been going around the internet and social media so you might have already seen it. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60168.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

AAPK Welcome Sign - New+.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Welcome from another brother in Christ!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Amen and welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you. I too love old knives, tools and almost anything else old. ____Dave ____
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome aboard brother! I think you found the right place!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Welcome, Willy! A great group of people here.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Welcome to AAPK ::welcome:: ::welcome:: Hope you post some pictures of your knives!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Welcome Willy! ::welcome:: It's great to get a young fellow in here to pass the torch too. I think you will enjoy your time here. I know I do. ::ds::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank ya all for the kind replies! :D :D :D
Wow! It's great to here there are brothers in Christ on here. Peace be with ya mates! 8)
I think I am going to fit right in with you boys, age doesn't mater.
Thank Ralph, I have looked there a few time, mind bending, all the beautiful canoes! ::woot:: Thank you for reminding me what the big canoe is called. My dad has a very beautiful Case XX Classic Gun Boat. Nockout scrole work on the bolsters ect ect. Fits perfectly in my rather large hands. I'll take a look at that thread tomorrow.
I am going to post photos of his "rather large" collection of mint Bulldog, Fight' N Rooster, Case, Geman Eye, Boker, Winchester, ect ect.

Yessir' OLDE, I have been slowly adding to my stash as i get money. Just picked up a few really nice older ones off the bay. I will post them when they arive.
Thanks again everybody!
Willy
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Welcome to the forum.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK!

Be very careful buying "older ones" off eBay, especially Case XX and older. There's a lot of good knives available there too, but the 'bay is full of sharks! Do your homework - spend some time here reading the Counterfeit Watch forum to learn.viewforum.php?f=17

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thanks Ken. I will check em' out.
Other news,
Just got me Voss Hen and Rooster Gents Pen knife in the mail. Bought from doodlefroodle so she's all square. It was made in 1900-1945. Real minty for the age. Looks to be sharpened only once in her lifetime. No rust, pitting, ect. Just very light scratch marks on the scales from light use. Snap is excellent, I was shocked at how good it is. Light cleaning and oiling and she's good to go.
Nailed it this time. ::ds:: ::ds::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Trying to get some photos of me knives. Having tech trouble with other computer/usb stick, and can't transfer photos onto sd card. ::doh:: ::dang:: ::facepalm:: Technology is good when it works.
I have the sellers photo's, so will post them here now. They are quite good, much better than i could take anyway.
Attachments
s-l500.jpg
s-I502.jpg
s-l503.jpg
s-l504.jpg
s-l505.jpg
s-l506.jpg
s-l507.jpg
s-l508.jpg
s-l509.jpg
s-l510.jpg
Winston Churchill

zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Welcome! I suspect I’m the only girl in the place and I’m a fellow Canuck! Surrey, BC.
This is a great place to learn from, although I gotta say your use of terminology beats mine by miles! I think you’re going to like the place!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Welcome! I suspect I’m the only girl in the place and I’m a fellow Canuck! Surrey, BC.
This is a great place to learn from, although I gotta say your use of terminology beats mine by miles! I think you’re going to like the place!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hello zoogirl! Saskatchewan Beaver over here. Yes, it is a great place to be on, such great information.
Thank you! One reason I think for my "better" grammer is that I was schooled at home, for me years in schooling. I still am at home, partly chronic ill, partly helping with my parents farming.
Yes, I am really having a great time here.
Winston Churchill

danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Hi Willy, Dan here from Saskatoon. I drive through Yorkton fairly often, usually on my way to or from work someplace. If you pm me some contact info, sometime when I am not in a rush, perhaps we could get together for a visit. I have a few knives, that I have not looked at for years, that would fit into your collection. In addition to the taxes we get charged when knives come through customs (which I find to be very hit and miss, lots do make it through without extra charges), there is also the currency exchange rate which hits us pretty hard.
::welcome:: to AAPK, it is good to see a younger fellow interested in knives.
Dan
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hey Dan! Well, that is great to hear! I would luv to meet up to talk knives ::handshake:: ! Right now we are getting snowed in, as you know ::facepalm:: Probably sometime in march would work.
I'm out on the farm 42 miles east of town, so would have to plan carefully.
Theirs lots of restaurant's in town, nice seats so our rears don't get sore :lol: . Coffee, doughnuts, and knives oh my ::tounge:: . Great combination! That sounds great! I'm slowly building me stash, and you can add some room for the new ones. ::sotb::
Yes, governments like lots of our money, don't they :x. Dad has brought in quite a few beautiful bulldogs and fight' n roosters, and he's got away pretty well. He's maybe paid import 2-3 times the last 4 years. He'll also want to meet up. He's a bulldog boy and fight' n rooster kiddo'. He likes quite a few different brands, as long as their premium quality German or American made. Funny thing is I was the one to get the addiction going, bought him a new case stockman from Cabelas, Regina, 4 years ago while on a doctor appointment. Me not him, been sick for 4 going on 5 years now. Me 19 turning 20 this Feb. 22. He 57 and going strong. He's built quite the collection. Lots of really hard to find one's, including a Prototype! I have no idea how he got his hands on it. Its a bulldog celluloid cattle king 1 of 1. I got to post pictures now that I thought of it. Post photos of me knives also. Have 24-25 I think. Got bunch coming in. Well I think that will do it. I'll pm you when things quite down here.
Thanks
Willy
Winston Churchill

Return to “Member Introductions”