Neft Safety Knife auction deleted. Ebay

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Neft Safety Knife auction deleted. Ebay

Post by C-WADE7 »

There was a Neft Safety Knife on eBay I was watching and the auction got deleted. Anyone else watching it too, and see what the hugest bid was before it got taken down?? Last I say was $150 with 3 day I think.
Attachments
Knife that was listed.
Knife that was listed.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Neft Safety Knife auction deleted. Ebay

Post by Madmarco »

I was watching that knife too C-W, pretty much the same result as you got! 8)
8)
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Did ebay give a reason like "item no longer available"? Maybe somebody made seller an offer he couldn't refuse. Happens fairly often.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Gunsil wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:36 am Did ebay give a reason like "item no longer available"? Maybe somebody made seller an offer he couldn't refuse. Happens fairly often.
Yes that’s what it showed up with. I was curious how high it got up to before that. It’s out of my price range and not my style but I like watching old and rare things like that just to learn.
Attachments
What the link shows.
What the link shows.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

You can't generally stop an auction after the bidding has begun. Kinda curious . . .
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

They might have decided that knife is a switchblade. I've have them delete my auctions before because some genius thought the shield looked too much like a release button. It's the old "shoot first, ask questions later" philosophy. Only, they never bother to ask questions. :x
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

tvic wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:22 am You can't generally stop an auction after the bidding has begun. Kinda curious . . .
This is not true, a seller can basically end an auction whenever they want. There are qualifying reasons, but ebay has several outs for a seller if they so desire. Another seller out is "item lost or broken", I think there are four seller options to end auctions early and remove items.

Herb, that cannot be the reason (switchphobia) because when ebay ends a knife auction because knife is a switch the item totally disappears from watch lists and all listings and this particular knife was ended with "item no longer available". Many buyers use the "back door" to get what they like, they contact the seller and offer good money on the side and the seller removes it from the bay and sells it privately on the side. If you have purchased from a seller before you have his physical address and sometimes his private e-mail and it is easy to contact them outside ebay. There are also ways to get your home phone or e-mail to a seller through ebay to make outside ebay offers, I know several sharpies who do this fairly often.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Gunsil wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:16 pm
tvic wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:22 am You can't generally stop an auction after the bidding has begun. Kinda curious . . .
This is not true, a seller can basically end an auction whenever they want. There are qualifying reasons, but ebay has several outs for a seller if they so desire. Another seller out is "item lost or broken", I think there are four seller options to end auctions early and remove items.

Herb, that cannot be the reason (switchphobia) because when ebay ends a knife auction because knife is a switch the item totally disappears from watch lists and all listings and this particular knife was ended with "item no longer available". Many buyers use the "back door" to get what they like, they contact the seller and offer good money on the side and the seller removes it from the bay and sells it privately on the side. If you have purchased from a seller before you have his physical address and sometimes his private e-mail and it is easy to contact them outside ebay. There are also ways to get your home phone or e-mail to a seller through ebay to make outside ebay offers, I know several sharpies who do this fairly often.
Thanks Gene. You are correct. When they zap an auction because they think you are selling a prohibited item they just zap it - no explanations or apologies. Just POOF! Even if you manage to convince them that they made a mistake.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

I searched Neft knife in complete and sold listings and one showed up that “ended” on Nov 23rd 2022 for $149 and 1 bid. It had to be that one but I know the auction didn’t run all the way, and are fairly positive it had 5 bids.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

C-WADE7 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:50 pm I searched Neft knife in complete and sold listings and one showed up that “ended” on Nov 23rd 2022 for $149 and 1 bid. It had to be that one but I know the auction didn’t run all the way, and are fairly positive it had 5 bids.
I bought the one that ended on the 23rd.It was an unused etched knife that have some spiders on the front.It was a 7 day auction,I was the only bid. ::shrug::
Roger
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

peanut740 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:15 pm
C-WADE7 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:50 pm I searched Neft knife in complete and sold listings and one showed up that “ended” on Nov 23rd 2022 for $149 and 1 bid. It had to be that one but I know the auction didn’t run all the way, and are fairly positive it had 5 bids.
I bought the one that ended on the 23rd.It was an unused etched knife that have some spiders on the front.It was a 7 day auction,I was the only bid. ::shrug::
I was able to see the original listing on yours, nice purchase and seemed like a good price based off the other completed listings.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mystery solved! ::ds:: 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”