Supporting Member* GAW

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Supporting Member* GAW

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you Glenn for letting us all play along and for your generosity. And congratulations to all the winner!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Thanks so much Glenn for this opportunity - such a generous thing for you to do. I do a little bit of blade work and know those of us who do mod's put a bit of ourselves into the work we do - the work you did to the knives you gave away is stellar. Can't wait to see the peanut in person !!! Thanks again ::tu::

John
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thanks Glenn, for stirring up interest and your generosity. Congrats to all the lucky winners of a glennbad one-of-a-kind original! ::tu:: ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

Great group of knives and a very generous giveaway Glenn! Thanks for the opportunity and congrats to all the winners...
Kevin
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I want to say thank you again for the beautiful knife I got from my mailbox today it is truly a stunner. The schrade has already found a home, second one back second row in last picture.
Attachments
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Just lovely Jamie, congrats! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 pm Just lovely Jamie, congrats! 8)
Thank you Marco,
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

I too was pleasantly surprised at the mailbox today! The easy open and bone are just an amazing addition to the TL-29 mod. I can’t thank Glenn enough for the generosity he has shown. I included some pics, one with a Schrade 175 I purchased from Glenn and have had in my edc rotation.
Attachments
E6683661-CB85-4AB4-A3E4-FC95DA988FEC.jpeg
E0BAB319-9F0D-4F86-8586-DC7384A706B5.jpeg
A01E257B-3503-44BC-AE8E-AEDE5DF3DFA7.jpeg
Pictured with a rehandled 175 I bought from Glenn.
Pictured with a rehandled 175 I bought from Glenn.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Just seeing these results. A huge CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners. ::tu:: And a huge Thank You again to Glenn for his generous GAW. Pure Knifer Country here!
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

C-WADE7 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:19 pm I too was pleasantly surprised at the mailbox today! The easy open and bone are just an amazing addition to the TL-29 mod. I can’t thank Glenn enough for the generosity he has shown. I included some pics, one with a Schrade 175 I purchased from Glenn and have had in my edc rotation.
All the winners received beautiful knives C.W., but you got the jewel of the bunch for sure! Very nice and congratulations! 8)
8)
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:11 am
C-WADE7 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:19 pm I too was pleasantly surprised at the mailbox today! The easy open and bone are just an amazing addition to the TL-29 mod. I can’t thank Glenn enough for the generosity he has shown. I included some pics, one with a Schrade 175 I purchased from Glenn and have had in my edc rotation.
All the winners received beautiful knives C.W., but you got the jewel of the bunch for sure! Very nice and congratulations! 8)
I will definitely dispute that, I got the jewel of the bunch. If you had this Camillus muskrat in hand, you would think so too. I got it from Glenn yesterday and it is gorgeous. Fits right in with my other muskrats.
Thanks Glenn.
IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4787.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:31 pm
Madmarco wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:11 am
I will definitely dispute that, I got the jewel of the bunch. If you had this Camillus muskrat in hand, you would think so too. I got it from Glenn yesterday and it is gorgeous. Fits right in with my other muskrats.
Thanks Glenn.

IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4787.JPG
Wow that's gorgeous :shock: ... and it's a short line to boot!! ::woot::

Congratulations ::handshake::

Randy
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

What's a GAW?
Joe
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Those are all jewels. Congratulations to the lucky winners, and thanks again to Glenn for his generosity! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

FRJ wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:02 pmWhat's a GAW?
I think it means "give a way".
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you. ::tu::
Joe
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my "jewel" comment guys, and my apologies if I did, was simply my opinion. ::handshake:: 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my "jewel" comment guys, and my apologies if I did, was simply my opinion. ::handshake:: 8)
Trouble Maker….LOL you didn’t hurt my feelings I’m happy as a lark at the knife Glenn sent to me.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

As I'm sure all the winners are bud, they just didn't want to think their knife was 2nd best, which they weren't, they just weren't my favorite. 8)
8)
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:31 pm
Madmarco wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my "jewel" comment guys, and my apologies if I did, was simply my opinion. ::handshake:: 8)
Trouble Maker….LOL you didn’t hurt my feelings I’m happy as a lark at the knife Glenn sent to me.
Me too.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Jamie, Wade, OC, those are all Top of the line Cutlery! ::nod:: ::tu:: :shock:

Very nice Glenn! ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Well, I'm happy to report the mammoth ivory peanut Glennbad donated arrived today that I was fortunate enough to win. Beautiful knife - I've never seen mammoth ivory up close - really a visually striking material. Great craftsmanship as expected from Glennbad. Best part is that it matches the era I gravitate towards with my Case peanut collection (late 80's to mid-90's where the nail nick is on the flat part of the blade top edge, not across the bridge of the blade like the newer ones).

In all my years of knife collecting - mailing and receiving hundreds of knives from USPS, this journey was the most perplexing. Here's the path this knife took over 21 days from NH to PA (only 3 states away) ... NH->MA->NH->PA->NH->MA->NH->MA->NH->PA->NH->MA->PA->NH->MA->PA->NJ->PA (then stalled for 9 days in PA)->arrival today. Worst part is shipping was 3 day USPS Priority. Last time I shipped a knife back to HI from PA, it took TWO (2) days to get there with USPS First Class, so you just never know what you're gonna get with USPS. I was more than a little concerned after the long layover in PA, but very happy it arrived safe & sound. Thanks Glenn - really appreciate it. ::groove::
IMG-5039 (2).jpg
IMG-5040.jpg
unnamed.jpg

John
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

That's a beauty. Glad to see it finally went to a good home!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Lansky1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:04 am Well, I'm happy to report the mammoth ivory peanut Glennbad donated arrived today that I was fortunate enough to win. Beautiful knife - I've never seen mammoth ivory up close - really a visually striking material. Great craftsmanship as expected from Glennbad. Best part is that it matches the era I gravitate towards with my Case peanut collection (late 80's to mid-90's where the nail nick is on the flat part of the blade top edge, not across the bridge of the blade like the newer ones).

In all my years of knife collecting - mailing and receiving hundreds of knives from USPS, this journey was the most perplexing. Here's the path this knife took over 21 days from NH to PA (only 3 states away) ... NH->MA->NH->PA->NH->MA->NH->MA->NH->PA->NH->MA->PA->NH->MA->PA->NJ->PA (then stalled for 9 days in PA)->arrival today. Worst part is shipping was 3 day USPS Priority. Last time I shipped a knife back to HI from PA, it took TWO (2) days to get there with USPS Ground, so you just never know what you're gonna get with USPS. I was more than a little concerned after the long layover in PA, but very happy it arrived safe & sound. Thanks Glenn - really appreciate it. ::groove::

IMG-5039 (2).jpg
IMG-5040.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Congrats John.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Thanks fellas !

John

Return to “General Knife Discussion”