Special because...

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Maddogfl

Special because...

Post by Maddogfl »

Nothing is more special than a gift given in love from a child. Here are two that live in my safe. When my daughter was in college we scraped up enough money to send her on a trip to Europe, scraped is the key word here... When she returned she gave me the Hartkopf below. It took up a significant amount of her spending money. I carried it for a short while before I became paranoid about losing or damaging it, so it has lived in the safe for the last few years.

The Case was a gift from my Son. He has made his living as an artist so he is always struggling for money, but he honored his Dad with this on my birthday many years ago. It was a sacrifice, and it was appreciated for what it meant.

My kids are now middle aged and we are still a close knit family even though my daughter lives 5,000 miles away. Nothing in life is more important is more important to me than the love and respect of my wife, of 50 years, and my loving children.
Attachments
DSCN2505.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Special because...

Post by Madmarco »

Maddogfl wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:07 pm Nothing is more special than a gift given in love from a child. Here are two that live in my safe. When my daughter was in college we scraped up enough money to send her on a trip to Europe, scraped is the key word here... When she returned she gave me the Hartkopf below. It took up a significant amount of her spending money. I carried it for a short while before I became paranoid about losing or damaging it, so it has lived in the safe for the last few years.

The Case was a gift from my Son. He has made his living as an artist so he is always struggling for money, but he honored his Dad with this on my birthday many years ago. It was a sacrifice, and it was appreciated for what it meant.

My kids are now middle aged and we are still a close knit family even though my daughter lives 5,000 miles away. Nothing in life is more important is more important to me than the love and respect of my wife, of 50 years, and my loving children.
Beautiful knives, wonderful spouse and kids Steve, you're a blessed man, nothing in this world is as important as family. 8)
8)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Those two certainly are special! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about special knives and greater than that the love and respect you have shared concerning your wife and children.
I believe this topic would probably fill up many pages if we all shared our special knife gifts from family and special friends.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

You are a rich man sir .
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Very well said. I am sure your life values have transitioned to your children too.
If you have any grandchildren capable of owning a knife, maybe now is the time?

Bob
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks for sharing your heart.
Special stories about special knives from special people for an obviously special man.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Great story. Super family can’t be beat!! 👍💎💎👍
John 🥾
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”