Pocket knife repair

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Tom3631

Pocket knife repair

Post by Tom3631 »

I am new to this site. Been collecting older USA made pocket knives. I like getting good knives that are in slight rusty and dirty condition and clean them up. I have passed up some knives that are great names but need more work than I know how to do. Is there anyone on here that repairs scales, springs or just wobble in blades. Would love to learn. Thanks. Tom.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Pocket knife repair

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Tom3631 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:08 am I.....
Hi. Try this link:
viewforum.php?f=37
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Kramersknife

Re: Pocket knife repair

Post by Kramersknife »

Hello, Ive been restoring and repairing knives for about 2 years. I am learning as I go and I have a bunch to learn on. I just repaired a Kutmaster switch that needed a new spring.I made one from a halloween decoration...was a plastic pumpkin that had a wire to stick in the ground it turned out to be a 3/32" SPRING STEEL rod that I thinned down with a dremel tool and belt sander.What I am getting at is I use what I have and as I get better I have been buying the items I need to fix them.I put a new handle on a Queen steel knife last year..The wood I used was a lufkin wood "tape" measure. It was white with red and black letters & numbers.I ended up selling on Ebay for a good price. I have made some tools myself and bought some to use but a good variable speed dremel is quite handy to have, good hobby anvil, files and sandpaper, ball peen hammer and pin material (psfhobbies) on ebay That should get most people started. Junk knives are easy to find and you can use the springs from them to fix better quality knives... save your parts..good luck & wear safety googles..

Return to “General Knife Discussion”