New Case knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
johnburrell

Re: New Case knives

Post by johnburrell »

This is a very interesting thread. For those of us who for one reason or another love Case knives, we are extremely fortunate that Case has chosen the marketing that they have. I have been lucky to have been in the Bradford facilities (both Foster Brook and Owens Way) when it was still family owned, American Brands, Parker, River Associates and Zippo. I knew and worked with every Case President since Russell Osborne. We are certainly blessed to have Case be part of Zippo. If it weren't for Zippo, you might not be able to buy a new Case knife, certainly not one manufactured by Case in Bradford, PA.
Regards, John
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pm I prefer CV also. Like I said, Case has made CV knives a major thrust in their new product releases this year.

Ken

I had been waiting for a red bone 18. Came yesterday. Not quite as dark as the ad looked. Pretty colorful for a natural bone guy like me.
Bill
Attachments
20210417_172611.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pm I prefer CV also. Like I said, Case has made CV knives a major thrust in their new product releases this year.

Ken

I had been waiting for a red bone 18. Came yesterday. Not quite as dark as the ad looked. Pretty colorful for a natural bone guy like me.
Bill
Looks Good Bill. 👍🤩👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I prefer carbon blades, but i am also open to other steels. I bought these to try Case's SS, all my other Case knives are CV. These are 2 beautiful little knives, the smooth natural bone is probably my best made knife, not a gap, the bolsters are fitted perfectly and the all round fit and finish is without a blemish, and the color of the bone is just perfect, you cannot see it properly in the photo but it has a light cream tinge, like the color of cream straight from the cow. I will always be a carbon knife person, but do like SS.
IMAG0522.jpg
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

cudgee wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 pm I prefer carbon blades, but i am also open to other steels. I bought these to try Case's SS, all my other Case knives are CV. These are 2 beautiful little knives, the smooth natural bone is probably my best made knife, not a gap, the bolsters are fitted perfectly and the all round fit and finish is without a blemish, and the color of the bone is just perfect, you cannot see it properly in the photo but it has a light cream tinge, like the color of cream straight from the cow. I will always be a carbon knife person, but do like SS.

IMAG0522.jpg
Very nice Cudgee!! ::tu:: I enjoy both the CV's and the SS. I usually pick up some of both steels.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Papa Bones wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am
cudgee wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 pm I prefer carbon blades, but i am also open to other steels. I bought these to try Case's SS, all my other Case knives are CV. These are 2 beautiful little knives, the smooth natural bone is probably my best made knife, not a gap, the bolsters are fitted perfectly and the all round fit and finish is without a blemish, and the color of the bone is just perfect, you cannot see it properly in the photo but it has a light cream tinge, like the color of cream straight from the cow. I will always be a carbon knife person, but do like SS.

IMAG0522.jpg
Very nice Cudgee!! ::tu:: I enjoy both the CV's and the SS. I usually pick up some of both steels.
Thanks mate, i really wish you could see and feel the smooth natural bone in person, i doubt you could find any fault with it. These 2 knives are a perfect example why Case has been around so long as stated in another post on this thread. Have a good week. ::tu::
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

cudgee wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 am
Papa Bones wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am

IMAG0522.jpg
Thanks mate, i really wish you could see and feel the smooth natural bone in person, i doubt you could find any fault with it. These 2 knives are a perfect example why Case has been around so long as stated in another post on this thread. Have a good week. ::tu::
I would agree Cudgee. I love my smooth bone. My antique tribal lock and 18 are two of my favorites. Great looking pair you have.
Bill
Attachments
20200617_230720.jpg
20200530_144311.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Nice bones, Bill. Most of my collection happens to be bone, with some synthetics and a Kirinite. Just for variety, I'd like to add some stag and wood, too.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 am Nice bones, Bill. Most of my collection happens to be bone, with some synthetics and a Kirinite. Just for variety, I'd like to add some stag and wood, too.
I don't really even collect. I found this sight looking to replace my 30 year old Uncle Henry. Two dozen Cases and a few Hen and Roosters later here I still am ::facepalm::. Love the people on here immensely. Of the five 18s I kept 2 the other three were for gifts for my sons.
Bill
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:04 am
Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 am Nice bones, Bill. Most of my collection happens to be bone, with some synthetics and a Kirinite. Just for variety, I'd like to add some stag and wood, too.
I don't really even collect. I found this sight looking to replace my 30 year old Uncle Henry. Two dozen Cases and a few Hen and Roosters later here I still am ::facepalm::. Love the people on here immensely. Of the five 18s I kept 2 the other three were for gifts for my sons.
Bill
I don't really even collect......either said the man with the empty wallet and wondering where to store the next box. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::shrug::
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

doglegg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:04 pm
thankgod4rkids wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:04 am
Bill
I don't really even collect......either said the man with the empty wallet and wondering where to store the next box. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::shrug::
Pretty much :D
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I can relate to that.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

In reply to the O.P.- you can always find what are considered traditional Case pocket knives (Ebony, Rogers bone, standard jigging, etc.) but sometimes it's nice to carry something a little different.

I bet some try to collect every pattern in a certain scale material, but I don't. However, when it comes to newly offered Case knives, I am partial to Cabernet bone with a script shield. As it has been said, variety is the spice of life. 😉👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Knife Discussion”