New Case knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
fergusontd

New Case knives

Post by fergusontd »

::hmm:: I get emails from Case for their new product lines. It seems they are the same patterns just new handle material. I just think they should make EDC's in plain
handle material with carbon steel blades just for working guys instead of all those fancy shelf queens. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: New Case knives

Post by ken98k »

fergusontd wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:48 am ::hmm:: I get emails from Case for their new product lines. It seems they are the same patterns just new handle material. I just think they should make EDC's in plain
handle material with carbon steel blades just for working guys instead of all those fancy shelf queens. ftd
All Case knives are built to be working knives.
Some are just prettier than others.
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Not sure where you’ve been looking ferg, but Case has made more CV knives this year than any time in recent memory. There has even been a few threads here discussing exactly that. Here’s a few offerings from the Case web site. https://caseknives.com/search?q=cv%20knifes Most of those that are out of stock at Case are available from their dealers. I just recently got an email from Case introducing the “Dark Red Bone CV” series. So there are a lot of CV patterns available for a wide range of prices including yellow Delrin and other “working man” handles. Some of those Dark Red Bone CV patterns are reasonably priced IMHO.

As for all the different handle varieties, I’m in agreement - many of them are of no interest to me. However folks on the Case Collectors Club forum seem to like them - a lot! The fact that Case has been making collectibles for the past 30 years or so seems to be a marketing strategy keeping them in business when most of their competitors have gone bankrupt or moved production to China. But Case still makes many good CV EDC “working man’s knives”.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

This is a good a working knife as you will get. Has size for bigger jobs, 3 blades and CV blades. One huge advantage Case has is that they have many distributors/retail outlets, so at YOUR leisure you can look around, check prices and take your time to decide. A lot better way to purchase than to just click the first item you see and hope. So look around mate, there are plenty of good Case working knives out there.
IMAG0472.jpg
These Sodbusters are great working knives to have in your pocket. Many cover materials, CV and my 2 came razor sharp out of the box.
IMAG0491.jpg
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

What is "plain" handle material?
They have always offered natural un-dyed bone, and several synthetics on yellow, black, brown.
What do you want? ::shrug::
And as has been said, every single knife they make can be an EDC.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

I've got an old Case sodbuster that I've had for thirty years in my pocket right now.
It's a fine work knife. ::tu::
Tim
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Beavertail wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm I've got an old Case sodbuster that I've had for thirty years in my pocket right now.
Just curious. Have you carried that knife for 30 years or just owned it for that amount of time? If you've carried that knife for 30 years I'd love to see some pictures. Older Case knives seem to better with age. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

XX Case XX wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:23 pm
Beavertail wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm I've got an old Case sodbuster that I've had for thirty years in my pocket right now.
Just curious. Have you carried that knife for 30 years or just owned it for that amount of time? If you've carried that knife for 30 years I'd love to see some pictures. Older Case knives seem to better with age. ::nod::

You're right about the old Case knives, a few licks on the stone and it will shave. ::tu::
Tim
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::woot:: As you can see by my Avatar I carry a Trapper Lockback with a yellow handle with a CV blade and It's a great EDC. I still stand by my post that all the new Case knives that is the same group of patterns just with new handle materal. I do agree that Case makes great work knives but I prefer CV over the surgical stainless. ftd
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I prefer CV also. Like I said, Case has made CV knives a major thrust in their new product releases this year.

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

XX Case XX wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by jmh58 »

If Case didn’t change it up every year, I think they would be out of business real quick!! Imagine only a few handle choices year after year! And at that the same. 🤮
John 🥾🎒🥾
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jmh58 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:05 pm If Case didn’t change it up every year, I think they would be out of business real quick!! Imagine only a few handle choices year after year! And at that the same. 🤮
John 🥾🎒🥾
Good point. And even if they didn't go out of business, collectors would eventually run out of varieties to collect.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cudgee wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:09 am These Sodbusters are great working knives to have in your pocket. Many cover materials, CV and my 2 came razor sharp out of the box.
That's a nice Sod Buster!

As Ken said, a majority (if not all) of the other classic American brands either shifted at least some of their production overseas, exist in name only, or are gone. Targeting the collector market was a smart strategy for Case...it keeps me buying, after all!

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but thus far, I have gravitated toward stainless. There is a reason for that: being prior Navy, I've dealt with lots of rust. Stainless fared pretty well in salt-riddled air. Still, knives with CV blades will have their places in my cabinets and sheaths, and one is on its way to me. Even my cabinet queens could be put to work if the need arises.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but thus far, I have gravitated toward stainless. There is a reason for that: being prior Navy, I've dealt with lots of rust. Stainless fared pretty well in the salt-riddled air.
[/quote]
I agree, the salt water was nasty on metal, nice and shining one day rusty the next. ftd
johnburrell

Post by johnburrell »

This is a very interesting thread. For those of us who for one reason or another love Case knives, we are extremely fortunate that Case has chosen the marketing that they have. I have been lucky to have been in the Bradford facilities (both Foster Brook and Owens Way) when it was still family owned, American Brands, Parker, River Associates and Zippo. I knew and worked with every Case President since Russell Osborne. We are certainly blessed to have Case be part of Zippo. If it weren't for Zippo, you might not be able to buy a new Case knife, certainly not one manufactured by Case in Bradford, PA.
Regards, John
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pm I prefer CV also. Like I said, Case has made CV knives a major thrust in their new product releases this year.

Ken

I had been waiting for a red bone 18. Came yesterday. Not quite as dark as the ad looked. Pretty colorful for a natural bone guy like me.
Bill
Attachments
20210417_172611.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pm I prefer CV also. Like I said, Case has made CV knives a major thrust in their new product releases this year.

Ken

I had been waiting for a red bone 18. Came yesterday. Not quite as dark as the ad looked. Pretty colorful for a natural bone guy like me.
Bill
Looks Good Bill. 👍🤩👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I prefer carbon blades, but i am also open to other steels. I bought these to try Case's SS, all my other Case knives are CV. These are 2 beautiful little knives, the smooth natural bone is probably my best made knife, not a gap, the bolsters are fitted perfectly and the all round fit and finish is without a blemish, and the color of the bone is just perfect, you cannot see it properly in the photo but it has a light cream tinge, like the color of cream straight from the cow. I will always be a carbon knife person, but do like SS.
IMAG0522.jpg
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

cudgee wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 pm I prefer carbon blades, but i am also open to other steels. I bought these to try Case's SS, all my other Case knives are CV. These are 2 beautiful little knives, the smooth natural bone is probably my best made knife, not a gap, the bolsters are fitted perfectly and the all round fit and finish is without a blemish, and the color of the bone is just perfect, you cannot see it properly in the photo but it has a light cream tinge, like the color of cream straight from the cow. I will always be a carbon knife person, but do like SS.

IMAG0522.jpg
Very nice Cudgee!! ::tu:: I enjoy both the CV's and the SS. I usually pick up some of both steels.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Papa Bones wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am
cudgee wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 pm I prefer carbon blades, but i am also open to other steels. I bought these to try Case's SS, all my other Case knives are CV. These are 2 beautiful little knives, the smooth natural bone is probably my best made knife, not a gap, the bolsters are fitted perfectly and the all round fit and finish is without a blemish, and the color of the bone is just perfect, you cannot see it properly in the photo but it has a light cream tinge, like the color of cream straight from the cow. I will always be a carbon knife person, but do like SS.

IMAG0522.jpg
Very nice Cudgee!! ::tu:: I enjoy both the CV's and the SS. I usually pick up some of both steels.
Thanks mate, i really wish you could see and feel the smooth natural bone in person, i doubt you could find any fault with it. These 2 knives are a perfect example why Case has been around so long as stated in another post on this thread. Have a good week. ::tu::
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

cudgee wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 am
Papa Bones wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am

IMAG0522.jpg
Thanks mate, i really wish you could see and feel the smooth natural bone in person, i doubt you could find any fault with it. These 2 knives are a perfect example why Case has been around so long as stated in another post on this thread. Have a good week. ::tu::
I would agree Cudgee. I love my smooth bone. My antique tribal lock and 18 are two of my favorites. Great looking pair you have.
Bill
Attachments
20200617_230720.jpg
20200530_144311.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Nice bones, Bill. Most of my collection happens to be bone, with some synthetics and a Kirinite. Just for variety, I'd like to add some stag and wood, too.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 am Nice bones, Bill. Most of my collection happens to be bone, with some synthetics and a Kirinite. Just for variety, I'd like to add some stag and wood, too.
I don't really even collect. I found this sight looking to replace my 30 year old Uncle Henry. Two dozen Cases and a few Hen and Roosters later here I still am ::facepalm::. Love the people on here immensely. Of the five 18s I kept 2 the other three were for gifts for my sons.
Bill
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:04 am
Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 am Nice bones, Bill. Most of my collection happens to be bone, with some synthetics and a Kirinite. Just for variety, I'd like to add some stag and wood, too.
I don't really even collect. I found this sight looking to replace my 30 year old Uncle Henry. Two dozen Cases and a few Hen and Roosters later here I still am ::facepalm::. Love the people on here immensely. Of the five 18s I kept 2 the other three were for gifts for my sons.
Bill
I don't really even collect......either said the man with the empty wallet and wondering where to store the next box. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::shrug::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”