BONES BONES BONES

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Thomasg

Re: BONES BONES BONES

Post by Thomasg »

New York knife co. (Hammer brand )
New York knife co. (Hammer brand )
New York knife co (hammer brand )
New York knife co (hammer brand )
New York knife co
New York knife co
New York knife co
New York knife co
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

A few different old ones.
Attachments
IMG_3586.jpeg
IMG_5413.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg
IMG_5953.jpeg
IMG_6124.jpeg
IMG_6162.jpeg
IMG_6204.jpeg
IMG_6312.jpeg
MattR

Post by MattR »

Doing a little pruning today. This dark brewed jig from GEC is some of my favorite.
6BC1E1B6-B01A-4395-9E76-7C8EDFBBA1C4.jpeg
-Matt
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

JohnR those are some beautiful knives !

Mike
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
wlf

Post by wlf »

Nice ones Thomas, John ,and Matt. I like the pruning knives Matt, and here's the bone on a few of my favorites:

1800s Ulster seems unused
Ulster unused  (3).jpg

This is Empire bone on the DE and Empire on the right . Middle DE is 1800s

Empire  comparison (2).jpg

HA Dreer that I'm not sure who made. I first thought Utica , but I've never seen Utica bone like it.

H A Dreer bone (2).JPG
I'll let those "breath" awhile, I want to show some that have been on display in showrooms that are faded on the mark side, which I find lovely.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Hey Thomasg, John R, wlf, what a bunch gentlemen. Wow do I like seeing those kinds of knives. The bones on this page BLOW AWAY anything I see coming out in modern knives. Thanks for posting so much to drool on. True classics of a bygone era. Absolute gems every one. I don't know where you're all getting such beauties, but hats off to all three of you just for finding such fine knives. Looooooooooooooooooooove seeing them. Thanks again. ::not_worthy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::ds:: ::super_happy:: ::groove:: :D ::nod::
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

knifeaddict1965 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 am Great looking bones everyone. I-Man, it's always a pleasure to look at those amazing bone handled knives you post.
Missed this post. Can't thank you enough for the nice comments my friend. Did not mean to ignore it either. Missed it somehow. But thanks again.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
MattR

Post by MattR »

Exceptional Lyle! The real deal pruners. No pruning was done with the little GEC lockback just along for the ride.
-Matt
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Real nice survivors there, Lyle! Amazing!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

-
You guys are knocking it out of the park with some fabulous vintage bone. Love looking at every one of them.
Ivoryman wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:57 pm
knifeaddict1965 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 am Great looking bones everyone. I-Man, it's always a pleasure to look at those amazing bone handled knives you post.
Missed this post. Can't thank you enough for the nice comments my friend. Did not mean to ignore it either. Missed it somehow. But thanks again.
No worries I-Man! I appreciate it but didn't notice it or feel ignored in any way - Just keep posting those beautiful knives.
Kevin
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

Knife knives Wif, still got the CAtt?
Thomasg

Post by Thomasg »

Ivoryman wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:54 pm Hey Thomasg, John R, wlf, what a bunch gentlemen. Wow do I like seeing those kinds of knives. The bones on this page BLOW AWAY anything I see coming out in modern knives. Thanks for posting so much to drool on. True classics of a bygone era. Absolute gems every one. I don't know where you're all getting such beauties, but hats off to all three of you just for finding such fine knives. Looooooooooooooooooooove seeing them. Thanks again. ::not_worthy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::ds:: ::super_happy:: ::groove:: :D ::nod::
Most of my knifes are e-bay finds …. I’m a novice collector with a limited budget .I have just as much fun spending time researching and finding out the history behind the knifes before and after I have bought them .
wlf

Post by wlf »

Jacknifeben wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:26 pm Knife knives Wif, still got the CAtt?
Yep, Thank you.
Attachments
knives and house reconstruction ,Loretta 1069.JPG
knives and house reconstruction ,Loretta 1068.JPG
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

Lyle
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Nice thread!

Some various jigged bone handles on old knives.
Attachments
_57 66_zpsd9gaakof_20220907200508476.jpg
IMG_7141.JPG
s-l1600 73_zpsebo4bfox (1).jpg
s-l1600 97_zpsvn2bsqbk.jpg
9d18b3df.jpg
IMG_1218_zps1ghuqaxm.jpg
IMG_1219_zpsrwkfa4q8.jpg
VF6.jpg
Mc-Corly-2.jpg
IMG_20210626_192842.jpg
AAPK Janitor
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thomasg wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:48 am
Ivoryman wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:54 pm Hey Thomasg, John R, wlf, what a bunch gentlemen. Wow do I like seeing those kinds of knives. The bones on this page BLOW AWAY anything I see coming out in modern knives. Thanks for posting so much to drool on. True classics of a bygone era. Absolute gems every one. I don't know where you're all getting such beauties, but hats off to all three of you just for finding such fine knives. Looooooooooooooooooooove seeing them. Thanks again. ::not_worthy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::ds:: ::super_happy:: ::groove:: :D ::nod::
Most of my knifes are e-bay finds …. I’m a novice collector with a limited budget .I have just as much fun spending time researching and finding out the history behind the knifes before and after I have bought them .
Well you seem to have it down pat. I surf the bay too and my hat is off to you for the finds. Beautiful stuff for sure. Keep on doing what you're doing and show us those babies. A real treat to see old beauties like yours and John Rs and wlf. Like a knife museum around here. Man alive.

You too Millers Bro, great examples of vintage beauty you guys are posting. Well done all.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Thanks for the comments ::tu:: ::tu:: Lyle, Miller Bro's, great bone. IMan, you are right, no one does bone like the old bone. I would imagine a lot of it was labor intensive.
Here are a few more of the old ones.
Attachments
IMG_1724.jpeg
IMG_1813.jpeg
IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2804.jpeg
IMG_2935.jpeg
IMG_3383.jpeg
IMG_3395.jpeg
IMG_3486.jpeg
IMG_4019.jpeg
wlf

Post by wlf »

Nice ones Dimitri and John.

John is that last one in the farmers thread?

Lyle
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

wlf wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:41 pm Nice ones Dimitri and John.

John is that last one in the farmers thread?

Pretty sure it is Lyle, it's a Camillus.
wlf

Post by wlf »

I could see enough of the stamp to tell it's Camillus, they made most of this model that's in my collection.

I haven't seen that knife John, in either forums.

Lyle
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

JohnR wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:11 pm Thanks for the comments ::tu:: ::tu:: Lyle, Miller Bro's, great bone. IMan, you are right, no one does bone like the old bone. I would imagine a lot of it was labor intensive.
I thought it was just the dye job, makes sense if it's too labor intensive for these days. And you're killing it again John, my my my, what a bunch of fabulous specimens. Can't even tell you how beautiful those ALL are. Your posts are better than going to the museum or googling Rogers bone. And the photos are fabulous, love the old weathered wood background. Exxxxccccceellllleeeeeeeeeeent. Bravo. ::super_happy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::ds:: ::nod::
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

wlf wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:50 pm I could see enough of the stamp to tell it's Camillus, they made most of this model that's in my collection.

I haven't seen that knife John, in either forums.

You were right, I must have put it in the Camillus thread, I added it to the Farmers Jack thread.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Ivoryman wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:42 pm
JohnR wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:11 pm Thanks for the comments ::tu:: ::tu:: Lyle, Miller Bro's, great bone. IMan, you are right, no one does bone like the old bone. I would imagine a lot of it was labor intensive.
I thought it was just the dye job, makes sense if it's too labor intensive for these days. And you're killing it again John, my my my, what a bunch of fabulous specimens. Can't even tell you how beautiful those ALL are. Your posts are better than going to the museum or googling Rogers bone. And the photos are fabulous, love the old weathered wood background. Exxxxccccceellllleeeeeeeeeeent. Bravo. ::super_happy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::ds:: ::nod::
Thank you IMan, appreciate it.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Bought this US Mountain Corps multi yesterday. It was kinda dirty so I gave it an oil bath overnight. I was struck by the great bones it has. It's an ULSTER and I have a lot of military issue knives but these scales are exceptional. Don't know who did ULSTER's bones but these are super nice. Really happy to find it. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_4652.jpg
IMG_4650.jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Thanks Iman, John and Lyle ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:11 pm Bought this US Mountain Corps multi yesterday. It was kinda dirty so I gave it an oil bath overnight. I was struck by the great bones it has. It's an ULSTER and I have a lot of military issue knives but these scales are exceptional. Don't know who did ULSTER's bones but these are super nice. Really happy to find it. J.O'.
Nice one JO, I like them too ::tu::
Attachments
ab101-MillerBros-38-2.jpg
AAPK Janitor

Return to “General Knife Discussion”