You better watch out, you better not cry....USPS

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Meridian_Mike

You better watch out, you better not cry....USPS

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I don't know about y'all...BUT... I am done ordering ANYTHING that will be sent USPS until this seasonal mail RUSH is over!
I bought a knife that needs repair last Thursday from a guy in Cali-fornie. Well, I just checked TODAY (8 days later) and it went from Cali-fornie all the way up to NEW HAMPSHIRE on its way to Mississippi..... :shock:
::shrug::
Well, I am not a postal worker but that seems just a few HUNDRED miles out of the way!
::doh::
I didn't ask the seller to send my knife on a tour of the US on its way to me. :x
ANOTHER THING....
I have a FRAGILE (fra-gee-lay) Christmas gift for my wife out there bumping into other boxes in the mail and only the Lord knows where it even is right now.... ::uc::
USPS tracking SUX right now.... all you can get is... "it left here and it is on its way to you..."...BUT.... "EXPECT A DELAY IN DELIVERY"
Is that any way to run a railroad?
Speaking of the railroad.... I bet you, even the railroad knows the straightest way from Southern Californie to Mississippi.....Right?.....
I'm pretty sure, it's thru TEXAS!
SO....
You better watch out!
You better not CRY!
You better not pout!
I'm tellin' you why!
The US postal service AIN'T comin' to town!

::uc:: ::facepalm:: ::teary_eyes::

OH.... BTW, have no fear if you order from Amazon.....
My wife ordered some gifts for the grands last night and they will be delivered TOMORROW!
ANYWAY....
This is a public service RANT .... now, back to your regularly scheduled programing.

:evil:
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
just bob

Re: You better watch out, you better not cry....USPS

Post by just bob »

Right now I have 4 items I've purchased on ebay that have been in the same location for more than 5 days. I also have 3 ebay buyers claiming their items are lost. I checked the tracking on one that went to a buyer in Kansas that went from Indianapolis to KC to Chicago and had been there since December 1st. It is my understanding Ebay is aware of the situation and will not let buyers leave bad feedback for shipping times. Won't help with Christmas at all. What do you suppose all of this is about? The alleged voter fraud with mail in ballots and they're monitoring the system or just chaos in general? The post office wants to tell you it's all Covid related and they're short handed in key locations. I have doubts about that explanation.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:03 pm
OH.... BTW, have no fear if you order from Amazon.....
My wife ordered some gifts for the grands last night and they will be delivered TOMORROW!
ANYWAY....
Yeah, you might not like Amazon's politics but you sure can't fault their service.

I have several sob stories involving the USPS over the past 8 months but I won't waste your time with the details. Eventually everything has been delivered.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I have been experiencing the same issues, I had an order stuck in Wisconsin for over a week, then all of a sudden it showed up after emailing the supplier. Probably all of those uncounted ballots still clogging the works? ::shrug:: 😉

My Secret Santa shipment is a current victim. ::mdm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 pm
Probably all of those uncounted ballots still clogging the works? ::shrug:: 😉
Probably.....
I'm sure there is still MILLIONS of Trump ballots clogging up the system......
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

You are so right Mike. My wife ordered some things on Amazon, but at some point they were turned over to UPS. When they got to the UPS terminal at DFW they were sent to the Fort Worth USPS distribution Center. That was a week ago and now no one has any tracking info on the items she ordered. :x This is giving me a headache. ::dang::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

It definitely a crap shoot with the USPS. I’ve got half a dozen items (things I’ve ordered) out in the postal hemisphere right now and some of them have been there for a couple of weeks.
On the plus side, everything I’ve shipped out from here has eventually made it to its specified destination. Most of my customers have been very patient.
FedEx and UPS seem to be having issues as well.
Next year I just may just shut off all outgoing deliveries for the last two weeks of November and the whole month of December.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Well....
I bet Ole Mr. Covid his self done all this!
Gomer....."Cit-er-sens a-ray-ist, Cit-er-sens a-ray-ist,"
Andy.... "He would kill ya."
Barney.... "But Andy, I keep puttin' him in jail and he just keeps gettin' right back out."
Ernest T..... "I'm gonna break every winder in this town unless I git me a u-ni-form."
The United States Postal Service......
Like going to Mayberry..... It is all a big "roundy-round" and only Andy has the answer.

::facepalm::
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

dlr110 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:33 pm You are so right Mike. My wife ordered some things on Amazon, but at some point they were turned over to UPS. When they got to the UPS terminal at DFW they were sent to the Fort Worth USPS distribution Center. That was a week ago and now no one has any tracking info on the items she ordered. :x This is giving me a headache. ::dang::
If you’d like to further infuriate yourself you can use their “Where’s My Package” link. You can provide them with the info required, spend four or five days sending e-mails back and forth and the give up when they tell you the postal carrier doesn't remember delivering your package. One of the biggest problems with the USPS is the lack of accountability.
But I guess when you’re delivering millions of packages daily a few are bound to slip through the cracks.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:47 pm Well....
I bet Ole Mr. Covid his self done all this!
Gomer....."Cit-er-sens a-ray-ist, Cit-er-sens a-ray-ist,"
Andy.... "He would kill ya."
Barney.... "But Andy, I keep puttin' him in jail and he just keeps gettin' right back out."
Ernest T..... "I'm gonna break every winder in this town unless I git me a u-ni-form."
The United States Postal Service......
Like going to Mayberry..... It is all a big "roundy-round" and only Andy has the answer.

::facepalm::
One of my favorite old time shows! I still watch it from time to time and it still makes me laugh.
Jeff
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Me too, Jeff, I love it even in black & white.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Jeffinn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 pm
dlr110 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:33 pm You are so right Mike. My wife ordered some things on Amazon, but at some point they were turned over to UPS. When they got to the UPS terminal at DFW they were sent to the Fort Worth USPS distribution Center. That was a week ago and now no one has any tracking info on the items she ordered. :x This is giving me a headache. ::dang::
If you’d like to further infuriate yourself you can use their “Where’s My Package” link. You can provide them with the info required, spend four or five days sending e-mails back and forth and the give up when they tell you the postal carrier doesn't remember delivering your package. One of the biggest problems with the USPS is the lack of accountability.
But I guess when you’re delivering millions of packages daily a few are bound to slip through the cracks.
Jeff
No Sir, I've gone that route before and it's challenges my Christian behavior. I just go back to the sender, let them know and they submit the investigation request, send me a new package or refund my money. I just wish once that someone would say something like "Sir we screwed up and I have no idea where your package is." I can deal with honesty much easier than the smoke and mirrors they try to use. Oh well, "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, my favorite time of the year."

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Me 3 Jeff...
It's so sad that TV shows have to be full of CUSSIN' and FIGHTIN' to be entertaining anymore.
I quit watching TV a couple of months ago.... I am so much happier now!
(Until the USPS stepped into the picture....)

Oh welllll..... "ONWARD!"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jeffinn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:44 pm Next year I just may just shut off all outgoing deliveries for the last two weeks of November and the whole month of December.
Jeff
Good plan Jeff. Saves on stress.

BTW, interesting piece of information. The Postal Service processes and delivers 472.1 MILLION mail pieces per day. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be perfect.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’m not about to defend the USPS as I’ve had my share of escapades with them. But I will say FedEx isn’t any better. I’ve posted a few of my experiences with them here before. The only reliable delivery services in my experience are UPS and Amazon.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:03 pm Me 3...
It's so sad that TV shows have to be full of CUSSIN' and FIGHTIN' to be entertaining anymore.

Agreed. I quit mainstream television quite awhile ago. There are a few exceptions. I watch tv if it entertains me or educates me so that kinda narrows it down.
And yes, everyone would be much happier if they just turned off their television.
Hopefully Santa steps in and gets your packages for you!
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:06 pm I’m not about to defend the USPS as I’ve had my share of escapades with them. But I will say FedEx isn’t any better. I’ve posted a few of my experiences with them here before. The only reliable delivery services in my experience are UPS and Amazon.

Ken
I agree Ken....
I have 4 or 5 Christmas presents out there right now.
2 of 'em are in Fed Ex's hands.....
Ole Sandy Claws might be late this year.

::shrug::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:06 pm I’m not about to defend the USPS as I’ve had my share of escapades with them. But I will say FedEx isn’t any better. I’ve posted a few of my experiences with them here before. The only reliable delivery services in my experience are UPS and Amazon.

Ken
Overall I agree with you Ken. Here in Ponder Country USPS is what it is; FedEx trucks make for good target practice; UPS is the most reliable and Amazon is the fastest. The problem with Amazon is our drivers over here can't read addresses and delivery instructions. I have lost count of the number of times they have left packages behind my car or left them at 11260 Hill Country instead of my address 12260. We're lucky that we all watch out for one another out here. Then when you call Amazon Logistics all you get is some squeaky voice saying "I very sorry sir, what would you like me to do?" At that point I just hang up before I make a fool of myself. ::dang::

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

send my knife on a tour :lol: ::smirk:: I am positive there's a simple explanation Mike ,, Which is over there heads at the moment :mrgreen:
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Amazon doesn't have their own delivery service here (USPS mostly, occasionally UPS); but Staples does lease out to an independent courier service. The independent couriers are always here before lunch the next day. I will probably say the people Staples contracts out to are the best.

USPS, UPS, and FedEx is usually dependent upon the carrier/driver entirely. USPS; for most of my 24 years, we had the same carrier, who was a very good carrier. He retired last year. The lady that is the weekday carrier is really good; but the guy on the weekends well, uh, no. UPS. We have a couple o guys that are really good, and one that is not. We used to have the same carriers for years; but one went to part-time; the other retired. FedEx used to have the worst, but as of late, they've been hiring some really good people.

The only problem is our neighbors. Well, not exactly. Actually, the woman my Dad married. My Dad, back when he was my age, moved in a house that was built on a lot carved out of our lot; that was built originally for the son of the guy who built this place in the 1950s. We have a special box affixed to the fence for packages. About a half a dozen times, we had a pretty bad UPS driver who would give her our packages. Instead of putting them in that box, she would go all the way to the regular mailboxes, which are about a half-mile away at the end of state maintenance; and would, quite often, just throw them on the ground. They've opened them more than once as well. We suspect a partial reason why she may have received our packages was that we received multiple pieces of junk mail with her name, but our address (she NEVER lived here; and while my Dad lived here for a short time about ten years ago when the house was getting remodeled; my folks booted him out when he married this individual). We suspect she was using our address to get additional "trial" offers of free stuff. She's not all there (paranoid-schizophrenic, alcoholic, and many I know say she acts like someone addicted to drugs), , and has accused me of so many ridiculous things (not to mention constantly films me on a cellphone); so I try best not to confront or even get anywhere near her. Many of my old Scouting buddies went on to be law enforcement; and they've all recommended I get a restraining order; but my grandparents' lawyer says not to.
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::shrug:: I live in west central Ohio 20 miles from Indiana. To mail a letter to someone in town it goes to Columbus then back to town where it's delivered. Over 200 miles for a letter that supposed to go less than 3 miles. Top that one! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

fergusontd wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:10 pm ::shrug:: I live in west central Ohio 20 miles from Indiana. To mail a letter to someone in town it goes to Columbus then back to town where it's delivered. Over 200 miles for a letter that supposed to go less than 3 miles. Top that one! ftd
Same here. There's an eBay seller in Princeton, WV (about a half-hour from here) that sells a lot of older knives. That's a little over twenty miles (25, maybe 30?, and maybe another 2 miles in town roads to get to the post office). It has to go to Charleston and back to get to me. Ordered another item that went out of the area; when seller (different one this time) was located in Princeton. What I don't understand is once I purchased an item from a seller in Oakwood, VA (next county over, about an hour from here). It didn't get sent to Charleston. It got picked up by the USPS and its next item in tracking after that was arriving at my post office in Bluefield. It's like that it's the same truck for Oakwood and Bluefield, but not Princeton.
desmobob

Post by desmobob »

Jeffinn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:07 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:03 pm Me 3...

Agreed. I quit mainstream television quite awhile ago. There are a few exceptions. I watch tv if it entertains me or educates me so that kinda narrows it down.
And yes, everyone would be much happier if they just turned off their television.
Hopefully Santa steps in and gets your packages for you!
I pulled the plug on television in 1995 and my old console TV went to the dump. I couldn't take the networks' so-called "news" telecasts any longer. In 2005, a couple of friends gifted me an Apple TV device. So I bought a new TV and watch YouTube shows and Netflix and Amazon Prime movies but I don't have cable and can't watch any mainstream network programming.

As for the USPS, I'm glad I retired! The Christmas rush was always a stressful time and with their financial woes and the COVID situation it must be even worse...
Bob

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."
~Rudyard Kipling
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Canada Post is in the same situation of drowning in shipped items. I sent a parcel to a buyer in USA Nov. 23. Nov 25 it gets scanned as entering the Canada Post sort facility in Richmond B.C. and then nothing since. It should have been scanned when leaving the Richmond facility, when arriving at U.S. Postal Customs and when released to USPS, etc.
Canada Post has an on line 'chat box' but you are only communicating with a machine with pre programmed answers. It is not possible to speak with a person.
I am in the process of refunding the buyer the $625 USD he paid me. This is a huge loss for someone with my tight rope finances and it's a loss of 3 beautiful knives, one of which was a gift i put in.
Only time will tell how many of the missing parcels in USPS and Canada Post will eventually be found.
Canada Post has hired a bunch of 'temporary workers' to help with the sorting, so some of the 'missing' might be theft.
kj
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Had one disappear into the USPS black hole on Wednesday, now it just states its “in the system and going to be late”. That is 5 of the last 7 for me. Oh well, in todays world mediocre service is about the best you can hope for. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “General Knife Discussion”