Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
cudgee

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by cudgee »

IMG_20220930_091656.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I notice you didn't type any text cudgee, but with that beautiful knife none is necessary! 8)
8)
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Cudgee After seeing the last Lambs foot knife you posted I started hunting for one of my own. These just seem to appeal to me. I'll come across one sooner or later. Probably sooner.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:45 pm I notice you didn't type any text cudgee, but with that beautiful knife none is necessary! 8)
It is a really nice knife now, wasn't when i got it, the perils of online purchasing, would not have bought it if i had handled it in a store. But i did a remod on the covers. Sanded them down and re dyed them, my first attempt and it came out really well for a first attempt. The covers were a sicky lime colour and too thick, looked like plastic instead of bone. ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

CluelessNick wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:47 pm Cudgee After seeing the last Lambs foot knife you posted I started hunting for one of my own. These just seem to appeal to me. I'll come across one sooner or later. Probably sooner.
They are fantastic work knives that are so easy to keep sharp. Good luck in your pursuit, take your time one will turn up. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

This old Colonial is definitely a comfort knife for me. It is retired now, but I got it when I was a kid and carried all the time when doing outdoors stuff, hunting etc. I skinned quite a few rabbits and squirrels with this guy when I was a kid. Glad to.still have it.
Attachments
20221005_183142.jpg
20221005_183121.jpg
20221005_183108.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:26 pm Another wicked looking blade Sam! Very nice! Is this one also a button-lock? Thx! 8)
Afraid so, I'd love to have an automatic like that.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

313 Mike wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:13 am This old Colonial is definitely a comfort knife for me. It is retired now, but I got it when I was a kid and carried all the time when doing outdoors stuff, hunting etc. I skinned quite a few rabbits and squirrels with this guy when I was a kid. Glad to.still have it.
Very nice HOK Mike! Chock full of memories for you and still useable should you choose to do so. Are those covers ivory/French ivory? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:11 am
313 Mike wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:13 am This old Colonial is definitely a comfort knife for me. It is retired now, but I got it when I was a kid and carried all the time when doing outdoors stuff, hunting etc. I skinned quite a few rabbits and squirrels with this guy when I was a kid. Glad to.still have it.
Very nice HOK Mike! Chock full of memories for you and still useable should you choose to do so. Are those covers ivory/French ivory? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
Thanks for the kind words Madcamaro. Yeah right,
French Ivory for sure... 8) ..more like cheap plastic, nothing fancy. I think they were white at one point, now aged towards kinda an off white I guess, a little shrunken and cracked with age.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Great story and memory there Mike, great you still have it. I think all my knives from childhood got lost or stolen or something. Don't have them anymore. Good on you for keeping track of it for so long.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

CluelessNick wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:47 pm Cudgee After seeing the last Lambs foot knife you posted I started hunting for one of my own. These just seem to appeal to me. I'll come across one sooner or later. Probably sooner.
I'm not the seller nor am I affiliated with the seller in any way (disclaimer), but I have purchased a few knives from this seller's AAPK store. He has some nice A. Wright knives with lambs foot blades that are very nice and reasonably priced.

Check 'em out right here:
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... eller=3361
~Q~
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Very special knife there, Mike, with special memories!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

QTCut5 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:51 am
I'm not the seller nor am I affiliated with the seller in any way (disclaimer), but I have purchased a few knives from this seller's AAPK store. He has some nice A. Wright knives with lambs foot blades that are very nice and reasonably priced.

Thanks for the heads up QT. Those look pretty promising.
Samb

Post by Samb »

Couple of Bokers
IMG_20221006_104213664.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20221006_104213664.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

313 Mike wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:16 am
Madmarco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:11 am
Thanks for the kind words Madcamaro. Yeah right,
French Ivory for sure... 8) ..more like cheap plastic, nothing fancy. I think they were white at one point, now aged towards kinda an off white I guess, a little shrunken and cracked with age.
Whoops! That's my untrained eye talking Mike, I need lots more practice at spotting ivory or plastic. I just thought perhaps cuz it was so old that it might be some sort of ivory. Ivory or faded white plastic it's still a great knife! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

CluelessNick wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:01 pm

I purchased a Wright "Senator"(#65891) from this seller Nick when he had 3 in stock, and it was a perfectly fine transaction. I guess that model is quite popular cuz he now has 12 more in stock! He has some other cool knives very reasonably priced jus' like ~Q~ said! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:00 pm Couple of Bokers IMG_20221006_104213664.jpg
Two beauties Sam! I've followed the stiletto for some time now but never pulled the trigger, how do you like it? ::shrug::
You're back to double posting, wut up with that? ::shrug:: LOL! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Stiletto is a little to big to carry but anymore I only carry an auto. Legal in Indiana so why not!
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:48 pm

I purchased a Wright "Senator"(#65891) from this seller Nick when he had 3 in stock, and it was a perfectly fine transaction. I guess that model is quite popular cuz he now has 12 more in stock! He has some other cool knives very reasonably priced jus' like ~Q~ said! 8)
Thanks Mark, I'm looking at them but can't decide on which to order. I mean I can't buy em all. right ?
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

CluelessNick wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:04 pm

Thanks Mark, I'm looking at them but can't decide on which to order. I mean I can't buy em all. right ?
Only my opinion, but there is a large lambsfoot for sale in that store, it has wooden covers that will age sensationally. And well priced, if i was in USA that would be gone by now. But that is just me.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

cudgee wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:19 pm
Only my opinion, but there is a large lambsfoot for sale in that store, it has wooden covers that will age sensationally. And well priced, if i was in USA that would be gone by now. But that is just me.
Cudgee I'm going back and forth in my head on these knives . Lambsfoot or Wharncliff---wood or stag---3.5 or 4.0 inch. Too many choices. Like a kid in a candy shop. I'm leaning towards getting the small rosewood lambsfoot for cheap to see how I like the knife, then go on from there.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

CluelessNick wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:25 pm
cudgee wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:19 pm

Cudgee I'm going back and forth in my head on these knives . Lambsfoot or Wharncliff---wood or stag---3.5 or 4.0 inch. Too many choices. Like a kid in a candy shop. I'm leaning towards getting the small rosewood lambsfoot for cheap to see how I like the knife, then go on from there.
That is a good start, be warned though they are " Addictive ". ::watching_you:: ::watching_you:: ::watching_you::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was explaining in "Mail Call" that I hadn't posted any knives for some time now, mostly due to lack of funds, but I've just been itching to post something, so I checked my account and found $20.! Next, I had to look for something inexpensive with free shipping and remembered that I wanted a balisong represented in my collection, so I started looking and found this at Amazon and it fit the bill! This knife is 5" closed with a 4 1/2" dagger blade for a total of 9 1/2" oal. It's completely made of stainless with 6 hole handles, dagger blade sharp only on the bottom edge, fixed rivets, and spring-loaded latch. Approximate weight of about 4 oz.'s. It flips around smoothly and locks tight when closed. For an inexpensive knife the fit n' finish is excellent. I have no desire to learn how to "flip", but as I said, I wanted one represented in my collection! 8)
WIN_20221007_17_48_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221007_17_50_05_Pro.jpg
8)
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Mark, it seems that all is right in the world when I see you posting a comfort knife again. Hope you are able to continue in the future. Another great looking knife even better that it is inexpensive. Be careful with that bad boy, you'll poke your eye out !
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Jeez Nick, I know exactly what you mean, everything feels right! I was having serious withdrawals from not posting any knives, but hopefully things will get back to normal soon. I love when I find an inexpensive knife that I really like. And you can take this to the bank, I am VERY careful with this knife, and fortunately only the bottom edge is sharp, so I won't likely lose an eye anytime soon! LOL! 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”