William Henry!?!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Drukai

William Henry!?!

Post by Drukai »

This one got away, knife is William Henry T10 Lancet produced early 2000s I believe. Back story I saw and handled this knife 2 years ago at a knife show, the fella was asking 225 which is a decent chunk of change on a knife for me. Had already sold a Microtech I brought to the show for $200. My knowledge on WH knives at that point wasn’t much other than seeing a few jewel encrusted ones at a jewelry shop and knew they were big $$$. This one was different very clean lines carbon fiber handle covers titanium liner lock super lightweight a very nice piece I would carry. Welp ya prolly guessed it I walked around as a early bird during set up came back 20 minutes later and it had sold ::doh:: (Lesson Learned)The knife still crosses my mind on occasion still thinking about pursing one ::shrug:: Thoughts on William Henry knives in general and bonus points if you own have owned or handled the T10 lancet :D thought I would share a little story. Not my picture but here’s the one that got away...
Attachments
97B2DE27-88BC-4A66-A6BD-95B1FCD63FE2.jpeg
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
Log Cabin Knives

Re: William Henry!?!

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

About a half dozen years ago I was at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine shopping for a 45 Kimber pistol that I was considering purchasing. While walking around I noticed they had a pretty good pocket knife section with a "used" area at the end of the counter. As I looked over the used inventory I saw this same WH T-10 Lancet in Carbon Fiber being offered for sale. I asked the salesman if I could look at it and it appeared brand new. ::hmm:: I then asked if it came with the box at which point he told me "no it didn't have the box and it came as part of an Estate lot." ::doh:: Disappointed I asked the price anyway and much to my amazement he said "$35.00" plus tax. ::groove:: I tried not to show my joy before I paid and afterwards I told the guy what it was he just sold me and it's real value. His reply was "good for you, I just work here." One of my best bargain finds ever! ::ds:: Rich
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I had a Wm. Henry knife about 10 ? years ago. It was before they came out with their 'bargain' line, i.e. knives for about $250. Mine was closer to the $800 or more range. Exquisite knife in all regards and very sharp. They are lightly built so not noticeable in a gent's pocket, but not sturdy enough for general outdoor use.
I lost interest when they introduced the bargain line as i was often unable to tell if i knife i was looking at on line was a 'bargain' or 'regular' Wm. Henry.
Some sellers were offering the 'bargain' Wm. Henry for prices closer to the 'regular' expensive ones.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I have just this one WH knife. It’s made by Moki and it’s a great knife.
Attachments
IMG_2427.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Thatguyupnorth

Post by Thatguyupnorth »

I've recently bought and sold a couple of WH's.
A B10 Mayan Gold, and B10 Encore Special Edition.
Attachments
Encore.jpg
Mayan Gold.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi tgun,
did you get a good price for these 2 you sold ? Or are prices way down for Wm. Henry knives much as they are for most knives right now ? For example if original price was $1000, and knife, box, etc. are all mint, what could one expect to get for it on today's secondary market ?
thanks, kj
Thatguyupnorth

Post by Thatguyupnorth »

I see a lot of people sitting on knives on Ebay right now. There was another Encore (exact same model, just a different serial number) that was listed for 1600, then I put mine on for 1300, and they dropped their price to 1400. I ended up selling mine for a little over 600, making a hundred on the deal. That other knife is still for sale right now. You can look at sold items to see what's selling for what money, some go for a decent amount, and some are shockingly "cheap". This isn't something I've been doing for awhile, so I don't have the history, but my thought is people who are into those high end WH knives have the money to spare, pandemic or not.
If you want to sell it, make it at a price you'd be happy with. If you want to auction it, make sure you have a reserve so you don't lose your shorts.
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

Log Cabin Knives wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:07 am About a half dozen years ago I was at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine shopping for a 45 Kimber pistol that I was considering purchasing. While walking around I noticed they had a pretty good pocket knife section with a "used" area at the end of the counter. As I looked over the used inventory I saw this same WH T-10 Lancet in Carbon Fiber being offered for sale. I asked the salesman if I could look at it and it appeared brand new. ::hmm:: I then asked if it came with the box at which point he told me "no it didn't have the box and it came as part of an Estate lot." ::doh:: Disappointed I asked the price anyway and much to my amazement he said "$35.00" plus tax. ::groove:: I tried not to show my joy before I paid and afterwards I told the guy what it was he just sold me and it's real value. His reply was "good for you, I just work here." One of my best bargain finds ever! ::ds:: Rich
Hey I will give ya 70 ya will double up😁 lol
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Reply to tgun,
The problem is i do not know how to ID Wm Henry's lower line that sell for about $225 ? new. Their top lines can be up to ~ $1800 new. So the ebay sold prices don't help as i do not know the 'cheap' ones from the expensive ones.
I think many knife collectors have the same problem and this is why interest in Wm. Henry knives has dropped. The 'lower' line i think was a business mistake.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

If my memory is correct, the lower end knives were produced at the behest of A.G.Russell. WH saw that most of his knives were not being used so he produced knives that were less expensive so people would use them. You can probably find these lower priced WH knives in the old A.G. Russell catalogs from 10 years ago and older. A.G. had some of both the expensive and the less expensive ones offered in the catalog for years. That would be one way to figure out the lesser expensive ones.
Prices on new ones direct from WH run from 800 on the pendant knives to 37,500.
Here is a link to their site: https://www.williamhenry.com/one-of-a-kind.html
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

Drukai wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 am
Log Cabin Knives wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:07 am About a half dozen years ago I was at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine shopping for a 45 Kimber pistol that I was considering purchasing. While walking around I noticed they had a pretty good pocket knife section with a "used" area at the end of the counter. As I looked over the used inventory I saw this same WH T-10 Lancet in Carbon Fiber being offered for sale. I asked the salesman if I could look at it and it appeared brand new. ::hmm:: I then asked if it came with the box at which point he told me "no it didn't have the box and it came as part of an Estate lot." ::doh:: Disappointed I asked the price anyway and much to my amazement he said "$35.00" plus tax. ::groove:: I tried not to show my joy before I paid and afterwards I told the guy what it was he just sold me and it's real value. His reply was "good for you, I just work here." One of my best bargain finds ever! ::ds:: Rich
Hey I will give ya 70 ya will double up😁 lol
I ended up selling it to a Doctor for $200.00 ::tu:: I always felt good about that considering my Health Insurance premiums were bigger than my mortgage at the time! ::groove::
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

I have been really tempted by the AG Russell Light’n Bug which looks so similar.
https://agrussell.com/knife/A-G-Russell ... AGLL-C14CF

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Drukai wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:11 am I have been really tempted by the AG Russell Light’n Bug which looks so similar.
https://agrussell.com/knife/A-G-Russell ... AGLL-C14CF
That one has caught my eye too. But it’s made in China and just can’t bring myself to buy it.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

I have this one that I bought sometime more than 10 years ago or so. I paid about $350 Canadian, so I assume it is one of the lower line that Roland is talking about. I had always assumed USA made, however, the last picture is the back side of the certificate of authencity (I know, not really worth the price of the paper), which says "features the collaborative work of artisans from around the world". Still quite a nice knife and the one that goes into the pocket of my black jeans on fancy dress up occasions.
Attachments
RIMG2197.JPG
RIMG2198.JPG
RIMG2199.JPG
RIMG2200.JPG
RIMG2201.JPG
Dan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »