What is the logic?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What is the logic?

Post by doglegg »

knifegnome wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 am Speaking of " low ball "offers,what would be your offer for 50 Schrade knives. offershttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-Knife-Collecti ... xy69JTD-W1,
From the seller, I would guess it to be slightly over priced. ::facepalm::
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

That's pretty much how dealers acquire their knives by buying them way less than value from someone that needs to move them-----get what you can it's the same game at gun shows and knife shows if you choose to list at higher than value price your gonna get low balled---I've sold on ebay and you get beat up---you know when you have a serious buyer it's all just part of it...I joined this site just to shop knives ebay wears me out anymore in so many ways Good luck with it you've always got nice knives listed....
Never Doubt Your Dawg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

knifegnome wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 am Speaking of " low ball "offers,what would be your offer for 50 Schrade knives. offershttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-Knife-Collecti ... xy69JTD-W1,
No where close to that, not in the same neighborhood at all.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
wlf

Post by wlf »

Another thing to consider.
Dealers I’ve seen, buy at half or LESS than what their asking price will be, and like Ken explained, older and experienced traders knew or know this.

Sorry pigsticker, I had not seen your post.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

For anyone still reading this thread. I took to heart all the comments and the strategies mentioned here yesterday and tried some of the advice, as a buyer not a seller that is. I have been watching a Moki made William Henry knife that is just gorgeous but the price was higher than I thought it should be. The seller offered those who were watching the knife a discount, but it was still too high. So I contacted the seller and explained why I thought it was worth less and told him I would buy it for a more reasonable amount, to my surprise he said yes. So you guys were right about some sellers. I got this knife for 170 less than the original starting price. I’m still stunned that it turned out this way. But I will say, I didn’t offer 1/3 or even half of the starting price but a 40% reduction is a complete shock to me. Now I know.
Thanks all.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Good on ya, SSK...glad it worked out and you got a GREAT satisfactory deal on a knife you wanted. You took a step forward and conducted a tactful negotiation and it came out to the favor of both of you. ::groove::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “General Knife Discussion”