WHAT DID YOU USE YOUR KNIFE FOR TODAY!!!!!!????

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WHAT DID YOU USE YOUR KNIFE FOR TODAY!!!!!!????

Post by doglegg »

And pretty it is. ::nod::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

doglegg wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:24 pm And pretty it is. ::nod::
Thank you. I do a pretty good job wrapping, if I do say so myself.
Scissors for the paper, the 47 to cut and curl the ribbon.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

This:
1222201743b_Film4_resized.jpg
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:34 am This:1222201743b_Film4_resized.jpg
Treefarmer
You must have got one today. ::tu::
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

I enjoy seeing what others are doing with their knives so I thought I'd give this thread a bump into the new year.

I inherited an old Weber kettle grill from my sisters estate and finally decided to use it. Its been decades since I have used a charcoal grill as during my last marriage the missus did most of the grilling on a gas grill I won. Anyway I educated myself with a little online research and after the new grate arrived (original one was rusted to much) and grilled up burgers that were very well received. Yesterday I decided to try chicken breasts on the grill and they came out excellent if I do say so myself. My helper through the day was my micarta GEC 23 which I find myself carrying without much second thought. I used one of the kids markers to add a little contrast to the handle as didn't have much if any. I have come to like the 23LL and was lucky enough to pick up one of the Redtail version yesterday when Mike at CollectorKnives got the final lot in, looking forward to getting it in hand and into my belt sheath.

Anyway a pic of yesterdays dinner with my all around knife.
20210117_182835_HDR_2.jpg
Trace
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

I'll give you a thumbs-up 👍 for grilling with charcoal (only right way to do it, in my opinion), but I still can't bring myself to use a pocket knife at the dining room table. 😜
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Rotten wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:31 pm I enjoy seeing what others are doing with their knives so I thought I'd give this thread a bump into the new year.

I inherited an old Weber kettle grill from my sisters estate and finally decided to use it. Its been decades since I have used a charcoal grill as during my last marriage the missus did most of the grilling on a gas grill I won. Anyway I educated myself with a little online research and after the new grate arrived (original one was rusted to much) and grilled up burgers that were very well received. Yesterday I decided to try chicken breasts on the grill and they came out excellent if I do say so myself. My helper through the day was my micarta GEC 23 which I find myself carrying without much second thought. I used one of the kids markers to add a little contrast to the handle as didn't have much if any. I have come to like the 23LL and was lucky enough to pick up one of the Redtail version yesterday when Mike at CollectorKnives got the final lot in, looking forward to getting it in hand and into my belt sheath.

Anyway a pic of yesterdays dinner with my all around knife.
20210117_182835_HDR_2.jpg
[/quote

Great mod on the micarta. I've seen some with low color contrast and like yours better. Looks great, and love the LL and the drop point. Congrats. Good looking chicken and rice too. Like a chef. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Banana slicing
Attachments
20210120_075709.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

TripleF wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:20 am Banana slicing
Gorgeous scales FFF, looks like Giraffe bone maybe? Preeeeeeettty.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:37 am
TripleF wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:20 am Banana slicing
Gorgeous scales FFF, looks like Giraffe bone maybe? Preeeeeeettty.
Yes sir. Was a gift from Big Monk a couple years ago. LOVE IT!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

My early valentine's present from my sweetie was a Masterbuilt 560 gravity charcoal smoker/grill. My helper prepping the ribs was my 23LL autumn bone.
20210122_191104~2.jpg
I hadn't used a smoker in about 20 years. The Masterbuilt is almost a set and forget, mu ch easier and bigger than the one I used to have. Oh and I even smoked the Mac and cheese, it was delicious.
Trace
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Rotten wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:46 am My early valentine's present from my sweetie was a Masterbuilt 560 gravity charcoal smoker/grill. My helper prepping the ribs was my 23LL autumn bone.
20210122_191104~2.jpg

I hadn't used a smoker in about 20 years. The Masterbuilt is almost a set and forget, mu ch easier and bigger than the one I used to have. Oh and I even smoked the Mac and cheese, it was delicious.
Nice!!
Smoked Mac and cheese... ::hmm::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Cutting open packages of parts for our new fan/light switch for the kitchen. Expensive little bugger....$60. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:40 pm
Rotten wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:46 am My early valentine's present from my sweetie was a Masterbuilt 560 gravity charcoal smoker/grill. My helper prepping the ribs was my 23LL autumn bone.
20210122_191104~2.jpg

Nice!!
Smoked Mac and cheese... ::hmm::
Thanks Steve.
As to the smoked mac and cheese, there are five of us in the household two of which really don't care for mac and cheese. Well they both came back for seconds. If you get the chance give it a try.
Trace
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

It's 33°, wind chill low 20s.
I have the grill fired up for steaks.
The Mac and cheese will have to wait for burgers and dogs.
You got a special recipe?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I could not find this thread the other day, so I am catching up today. I meant for the pictures for this thread to appear here, but ended up posting them in another thread (related to the looming Chi-Com threat for total world domination). This is a Ganzo knife that looks a lot like a Lion Steel from Italy. I am using it to cut through a plywood roof in a travel trailer to pull down the panel because it has water damage. It was the only tool to do the job at the time. I am hitting the end of it with a hammer to cut/break through the plywood roof attached to the wall. Also using my trusty rope knife to get this job done. Both knives have held up well to a lot of abuse over the years.
Attachments
DSCF8782.JPG
DSCF8783.JPG
DSCF8784.JPG
DSCF8785.JPG
DSCF8786.JPG
DSCF8780.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:29 pm It's 33°, wind chill low 20s.
I have the grill fired up for steaks.
The Mac and cheese will have to wait for burgers and dogs.
You got a special recipe?
Not really, just made up 3 boxes (the ones with soft cheese in a pouch) and smoked it for about an hour. I prefer mesquite and it wasn't overpowering as I feared it might be, turned out a treat.
Trace
Case XX 6383
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Case XX 6383 »

Gathered and trimmed a little river cane this morning to use for assorted crafts
Attachments
20210417_075643.jpg
20210417_075635.jpg
20210417_074754.jpg
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

River cane = bamboo?
If so, first I've heard it called river cane.

Edit: ah-ha! And now I know! Google is a wonderful thing.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 am I could not find this thread the other day, so I am catching up today. I meant for the pictures for this thread to appear here, but ended up posting them in another thread (related to the looming Chi-Com threat for total world domination). This is a Ganzo knife that looks a lot like a Lion Steel from Italy. I am using it to cut through a plywood roof in a travel trailer to pull down the panel because it has water damage. It was the only tool to do the job at the time. I am hitting the end of it with a hammer to cut/break through the plywood roof attached to the wall. Also using my trusty rope knife to get this job done. Both knives have held up well to a lot of abuse over the years.
And that's my reason for keeping a few cheap knives around. My two are an import Kershaw and a Sanremu.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:02 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 am I could not find this thread the other day, so I am catching up today. I meant for the pictures for this thread to appear here, but ended up posting them in another thread (related to the looming Chi-Com threat for total world domination). This is a Ganzo knife that looks a lot like a Lion Steel from Italy. I am using it to cut through a plywood roof in a travel trailer to pull down the panel because it has water damage. It was the only tool to do the job at the time. I am hitting the end of it with a hammer to cut/break through the plywood roof attached to the wall. Also using my trusty rope knife to get this job done. Both knives have held up well to a lot of abuse over the years.
And that's my reason for keeping a few cheap knives around. My two are an import Kershaw and a Sanremu.
I used my Ganzo knife again today to cut up a number of large thick carboard boxes so they would fit in a dumpster. That ends up being hard on the edge and the Ganzo knife can be worn down to a nub and I can throw it away and not shed a tear. Now my my favorite GEC... ::teary_eyes:: I use it but I don't want to wear out the blade any faster than I have to. ::hmm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Using my PAL Scout knife to punch a new hole in my new belt to keep up my old blue jeans....
Attachments
DSC01668.JPG
DSC01669.JPG
DSC01667.JPG

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

We got a little garden cart today, so my Sod Buster Jr. was put to work cutting zip-ties and the blisterpack thing the hardware was in. Thus far it has been a great little workin' knife!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 am We got a little garden cart today, so my Sod Buster Jr. was put to work cutting zip-ties and the blisterpack thing the hardware was in. Thus far it has been a great little workin' knife!
Exactly! I wanted the big one, but the only one I could find locally was the Sodbuster Jr. It is really robust for its small size!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Cut open bag of hose washers:
KIMG4333.JPG

Pried out old, dry-rotted one from hose nozzle, and scraped away some dirt and remnants of old washer using the awl on the Marble's USGI.
KIMG4332.JPG

Pressed new one into place with screwdriver.

KIMG4334.JPG
I accidentally got the garage door opener wet (was cleaning tractor and UTV), and had to pry it open to dry it up. Accidentally jabbed my palm in the process:
KIMG4335(1).JPG
More diecast. Still don't understand why the seller shipped three cars, in the same order, to the same person, with the same shipping method in three boxes. At least I use this size Uline box like crazy for diecast storage.

KIMG4339(1).JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”