POS Roundtable 2020

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: POS Roundtable 2020

Post by Reverand »

Well folks, it appears that Dale (Orvet) has been eating at Taco Bell a lot lately, because I arrived home today to find a mysterious package in my home, and my wife and son passed out from the fumes!
I aired out the house, got the family a safe distance away, and prepared to open the package...
Package in place
Package in place
The first few knives were great! 3 TL's, a Craftsman, a Camillus , and a Colonial! These are perfect for some mod jobs that I have plans for! I began to wonder if Dale understood what "POS" meant.
3 TL29's - a Craftsman, a Camillus, and a Colonial!
3 TL29's - a Craftsman, a Camillus, and a Colonial!
Then two Gerber lockblades that would not lock. Okay, not great, but useable EDC knives.
Two Gerbers
Two Gerbers
Next was a beautiful H&B from New Brittain CT. The blades are shortened, but still a gorgeous knife! Then a Kutmaster stockman that just needs a little cleaning and some new handles, and it will be as good as new. Also was this Sabre Ireland fish knife that was . . . in worse shape. It looked like Dale had soaked it in oil just to get it open. It reminds me of my first knife mechanic project, though, where I rehandled an Imperial fish knife. At least I feel nostalgic...
H&B New Brittain, KutMaster, and a Sabre fish knife
H&B New Brittain, KutMaster, and a Sabre fish knife
Then I open these two BAD ... knives. An American Blade trapper and a Wards stockman with worn-out tangs. Man, what stinkers!
American Blade andWards
American Blade andWards
But wait! I still smelled something else....
Deep in the bowels (so to speak) of the package was this reeking, nasty, filthy thing that Dale had the audacity to send me! It is supposed to be a Western stockman, but I am not so sure...
Western POS pile side
Western POS pile side
Is that one aluminum handle? Re-pinned with a nail? And what can I do with those blades, use them for sewing needles?
Western POS mark side
Western POS mark side
I thought that I was going to enjoy some of these knives, but maybe later. Right now I am feeling kinda sick...
::barf::
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Reverand, it has become quite clear that you may not be cut out for the POS Roundtable. Buck up man. Get a grip & soldier on
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 am Reverand, it has become quite clear that you may not be cut out for the POS Roundtable. Buck up man. Get a grip & soldier on
YES, SIR!
I AM READY!

(Wiping my chin with a shaking hand)
Jesus is life.

~Reverand
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

I like how EW has jumped in with both feet, gold tier membership and POS game!
536D3548-1785-461C-81D6-A8BD0A1EEAD0.jpeg
507C99CE-191D-4514-B8BB-C9D7ED7CA5E4.jpeg
21891735-7FD3-4295-AF84-FD9B9941F840.jpeg
003AD55F-06BD-43F3-8E96-66B050DE5DC6.jpeg
71F6243E-E8F0-4D44-A4D6-8D1B12B9B8A8.jpeg
D4580FCE-33AC-4686-9E4A-2541A6FA5635.jpeg
My youngest claimed the Barlow and one other, lots of poo fodder slung here.

And I have gained another TL 29!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Josy744, it is good to see you raising him up right! Especially taking such care to close that Barlow safely.
Jesus is life.

~Reverand
richard

Post by richard »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 am Reverand, it has become quite clear that you may not be cut out for the POS Roundtable. Buck up man. Get a grip & soldier on
i will be happy, with a piece of bone, and a rusty blade.or any thing i can use to repair/ restore. ::tu::
richard

Post by richard »

i had a dream last night,my POS box is full of
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 am Am I the first to get my package of XXXXXXXX? Here it is from Jeff. Some real losers in this bunch. Some kind of an automatic that is not automatic anymore, a shell handle Diamond Edge, a Thornton pen, an unidentied broken something, and a Camillus like I have never seen before with wooden handles and a bail.

AND, this really nice Sabre 629 daddy Barlow that appears to have been rehandled in strawberry bone. Thanks Jeff!
That Camillus with the wood handle and the bail is a World War II life raft knife.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

orvet wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:01 pm
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 am Am I the first to get my package of XXXXXXXX? Here it is from Jeff. Some real losers in this bunch. Some kind of an automatic that is not automatic anymore, a shell handle Diamond Edge, a Thornton pen, an unidentied broken something, and a Camillus like I have never seen before with wooden handles and a bail.

AND, this really nice Sabre 629 daddy Barlow that appears to have been rehandled in strawberry bone. Thanks Jeff!
That Camillus with the wood handle and the bail is a World War II life raft knife.
I will bet it looked much different than this as issued? The point will no longer go below the handle and the kick has been ground completely off.
IMG_3439.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
tony111

Post by tony111 »

Bfeldman yours is on the way
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Well, I was just sipping some coffee after my lunch break....
Then the secretary says, "MIKE! There is a smelly box up here that has your name on it.... Come get it QUICK!!"
Pewwwww, yep, it had arrived. Thanks Herb..... I guess.... Uh.... Well.....OK, let me get a clothes pin for my nose.
So.... here is what it looked like on the outside.... "OPEN IMMEDIATELY".... It even looked really dangerous, don't y'all think?
DANGEROUS BOX.JPG
I whipped out my Benchmade auto and attacked the end of the box.
When the contents dropped out, I gagged twice and then started to unwrap what appeared to be knives....
Yep, they do sorta favor pocket knives..... see here.....
PILE O POO.JPG
Let's see....
A Jap, a Chinaman, a Kutmaster with an inferiority complex, a Hammer auto that jumped open when I least expected it.....
A Boker (With a SHIELD no less) that has a CUTE little secondary blade....
And a Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett with some sort of wood like substance for handles....
I thought, Hmmmmm the HSB isn't too awefully bad. I picked it up and started to close it....
DO GONE IT..... That joker bit me!
IT BIT ME.JPG
Y'all better watch out.... even the tamest of the poopsters will bite you!
Now, the boss is expecting me to have the office fumigated this weekend. The smell of the dead rat we had early in the week has gone.... so he knows where the smell came from.

:shock:
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Have you had a tetanus shot lately?
Roger
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

peanut740 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 pm Have you had a tetanus shot lately?
I'm glad you brought that up!
I'm headed to the doc's place!
::oh_my::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Well,today the mail lady was blowing her horn and I walked out on the porch to see what the ruckus was,and he was yelling something and flipped me off.It's not unusual for her to flip me off,but she normally doesn't yell at me.I had an idea what it was and it was a box from South Dakota that was the cause.
I brought it onto the porch holding it at arms length and put it on the table.My dog was really interested in the box and started sniffing it and suddenly she started licking her butt frantically. I think she was trying to get the smell out of her nose.But I have digressed. Olde Cutler James knows how the game is played.He sent several POS's and a Chinese made 2nd Amendment knife.He also sent me a very nicely made turned walnut and maple ink pen to makeup for the stuff he sent.
Thanks James and well done. ::handshake::
Attachments
20200124_155332.jpg
15799005481746878589326813496641.jpg
1579900568124601125632274707404.jpg
15799006508927527492577443052013.jpg
15799006750678191096107700577583.jpg
Roger
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

LOL.... the WORLD'S most useless knife......
Heeeeheeeeheee
:lol:
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

peanut740 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm Well,today the mail lady was blowing her horn and I walked out on the porch to see what the ruckus was,and he was yelling something and flipped me off.It's not unusual for her to flip me off,but she normally doesn't yell at me.I had an idea what it was and it was a box from South Dakota that was the cause.
I brought it onto the porch holding it at arms length and put it on the table.My dog was really interested in the box and started sniffing it and suddenly she started licking her butt frantically. I think she was trying to get the smell out of her nose.But I have digressed. Olde Cutler James knows how the game is played.He sent several POS's and a Chinese made 2nd Amendment knife.He also sent me a very nicely made turned walnut and maple ink pen to makeup for the stuff he sent.
Thanks James and well done. ::handshake::
Glad you like it!! ::tu:: ::tu::
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

It has become painfully real that Paul alias KnifeSlinger#81 understands perfectly the intent and spirit of the POS Roundtable. He has acquitted himself stellarly in this years give away. Imperials, colonials, a little switch blade named USA(?) and some that were too embarrassed to share a name showed up in my outhouse that was previously a mail box. To think that someone actually purchased these at one time! Paul, you have shown yourself a worthy participant. And did I mention that this load was voluminous.
DSCN6203.JPG
DSCN6204.JPG
DSCN6205.JPG
DSCN6206.JPG
DSCN6207.JPG
. Thanks (?) ::shrug:: ::dang:: ::teary_eyes:: ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I love it when a member goes above & beyond like this. That's GREAT.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

The Reverand sent me this package of hazardous materials:
41A4228E-FBA4-4AA3-ADF0-8732119B029D.jpeg
There’s some interesting items in there. I’ll bring a few of them back to life and put the rest in a safe place for future use.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Jeff, as sow so shall you rip.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

doglegg wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 pm It has become painfully real that Paul alias KnifeSlinger#81 understands perfectly the intent and spirit of the POS Roundtable. He has acquitted himself stellarly in this years give away. Imperials, colonials, a little switch blade named USA(?) and some that were too embarrassed to share a name showed up in my outhouse that was previously a mail box. To think that someone actually purchased these at one time! Paul, you have shown yourself a worthy participant. And did I mention that this load was voluminous.DSCN6203.JPGDSCN6204.JPGDSCN6205.JPGDSCN6206.JPGDSCN6207.JPG . Thanks (?) ::shrug:: ::dang:: ::teary_eyes:: ::handshake::

Floyd, I hope we can still be friends after this. :D
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Paul, friends we are. The little switch blade is really kinda fun. But I doubt I will carry it. ::handshake::
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

::tu::

I thought about carrying that switch but I didn't trust that it wouldn't open up in my pocket. It has nice snap, at least.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

tongueriver wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am There was an old man who was swimmin' in poo
He had so many junkers he didn't know what to do
So he packed 'em in bung fodder and sent 'em to Bulgaria
Now if you can beat that one
I'm postin' to dare ya
You're bluffing like old poker player. :D Concerns about my friend and the environmental balance of Washington state turned out to be in vain. I got a message on Viber that night: "Gerge, I received 2 kilos of knives, I send pictures". I really didn't expect such a big pile ::woot:: Very good looking Rough Rider's ang great Schrade hunting knives.

I can't wait to get them in BG. Thank you very much! Жив и здрав!
Attachments
P1030949.JPG
P1030953.JPG
P1030955.JPG
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Well Fellers, Ol' TREEFARMER done treated me better than I deserve... :)
Here's what kind of goodies arrived in my mailbox yesterday!

Y'all know what a Boker USA collector I am, so I got a couple of good 'uns made in Maplewood, NJ ::tu::
I wish the old muskrat could tell me his tales. I bet he's got a million good stories heard while whittling and slicing maters for a mater sammich.
20200125_124227.jpg
Then there is this fancy SNAP ON device, that I'm gonna rip outa that package and put to use.
20200125_124236.jpg
Here's a big pile that will get some pocket time. The STAG brand knife was made in Ireland. Since I work for an Irish company, I'm gonna polish that one up and put it in my pocket for work. One of my other hobbies is fly fishing, so the little SABRE is going to be added to my fishing gear.
20200125_124245.jpg
20200125_124322.jpg
I know a fine little boy who is gonna be the lucky recipient of the Klein and Winchester knives!

But the TOPPER was this NEW in the box CASE CV stockman! I don't advertise it much, but I also have several CASE knives in my collection - many of them are the 18 pattern stockman! But I didn't have a yeller one until now!
20200125_124253.jpg
Thanks Phillip, you made my weekend!!!
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com

Return to “General Knife Discussion”