POS Roundtable 2020

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: POS Roundtable 2020

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

zoogirl wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:38 pm
doglegg wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:35 pm Ann, what is that bottom spear/goad looking thing. Is it just camera angle that makes it appear like one of those? ::shrug:: ::shrug::
It’s an apparently really old, odd shaped, folder. The stop on the back is gone so it tilts up. I kinda like it. When I get home, I’ll try for a tang pic.
Sundog showed me his treasure trove from the frozen North. Impressive, but on the front of the package where you declared "8 knives value $20" I will dispute that!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:59 pm
doglegg wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:35 pm Ann, what is that bottom spear/goad looking thing. Is it just camera angle that makes it appear like one of those? ::shrug:: ::shrug::
It’s an apparently really old, odd shaped, folder. The stop on the back is gone so it tilts up. I kinda like it. When I get home, I’ll try for a tang pic.
Sundog showed me his treasure trove from the frozen North. Impressive, but on the front of the package where you declared "8 knives value $20" I will dispute that!!
Oh good heavens, not the knives! ::woot::
Well, actually the kinda tactical one was $4 at Dollarama and I never used it. The poop emoji case and balloon account for a chunk of it.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Here’s the stamp on it. It’s actually pretty cool and I suspect quite old.
C29250F6-F96F-4C1B-8858-0D3797F2D490.png
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Ann, it does look interesting. Maybe French? Thanks for the extra effort. ::handshake::
Bfeldman

Post by Bfeldman »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:30 am
My favorite is the Alox 93mm Soldier - 1961 Design. A little Quick Release on the joints and I can't find a single thing wrong with it. Great snap and no blemishes. It's like it came out of the factory yesterday. I am thrilled with it. Thank you Bfeldman. Thank you very much!!
BTW, did I ever tell you that Alox are my favorite SAK's?
Victorinox Soldier - 1961 Design.jpg
93mm.jpg
Glad you like it. I couldn’t pass along that outhouse worthy pile without something decent in the lot.

I’ve been traveling but will post pictures of the s#%*ball that came my way.
Bfeldman

Post by Bfeldman »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:14 pm These two are part of what Bfeldman sent and I can't seem to get around to putting them away. They lay here on my desk and I find myself constantly "coon fingering" them, especially the Colonial Fish Knife. I'm constantly opening the blades just to hear them SNAP closed. Somebody call a doctor. I need help.
You should have seen that thing when I found it. Decades of fish guts caked on it.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bfeldman wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:37 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:14 pm These two are part of what Bfeldman sent and I can't seem to get around to putting them away. They lay here on my desk and I find myself constantly "coon fingering" them, especially the Colonial Fish Knife. I'm constantly opening the blades just to hear them SNAP closed. Somebody call a doctor. I need help.
You should have seen that thing when I found it. Decades of fish guts caked on it.
Well, she's no runway chick but she's a solid old gal and if I fished, I'd already have her in my tackle box instead of on my desk. I appreciate her almost as much as I do the SAK.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:46 pm
philco wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:34 pm::pace::
Phil, "downtherabbithole" diss'in ya?
Well, I was wondering who "downtherabbithole" was supposed to send a POS to.... now I know.
I looked back and their 2nd post was asking to join the game..... no posts since.
I sent a big POS to this person but no acknowledgement of receipt.....

I'm just making an observation here......
(y'all know what I mean?)

::shrug::

Maybe a new participation rule?
(# of posts???)
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:45 pm
Maybe a new participation rule?
(# of posts???)
I would be supportive of that. Maybe 6 months membership and 20 posts??

At this point, we are only suspicious since all others have completed their exchange. You might send a polite letter to this individual. Include Phils mailing address and gently remind him/her of his/her responsibility regarding the POS Roundtable. Life does sometimes get in the way of fulfilling our responsibilities.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:32 pm
I would be supportive of that. Maybe 6 months membership and 20 posts??

At this point, we are only suspicious since all others have completed their exchange. You might send a polite letter to this individual. Include Phils mailing address and gently remind him/her of his/her responsibility regarding the POS Roundtable. Life does sometimes get in the way of fulfilling our responsibilities.
Well, in the past, I have been a member of other (different) forums that make you have a certain number of posts before you can participate in special forum activities. Whether it be selling, buying or other things.
I think this could be viewed as a prime example of the need of at least SOME past participation to qualify as a participant.

PS.... I just sent an email to try to shake the cage that contains "downtherabbithole"......
We shall see....
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Yeah but AAPK doesn't run like "other Forums". In this case the individual that volunteers to run the Roundtable is free to institute rules as he (or she) sees fit and the following year if it's someone else running the show, he/she can institute a completely different set of rules or none at all. As you may have noticed, it's kind of loosey goosey around here and personally I like it that way but that's just me.

In years past when I held a personal give away, I stipulated that you had to be a member as of the date the give away was announced (no joining just to get in on the giveaway) and you had to have X number of posts as of the day the giveaway was announced. The monthly give away is Bryan's and he does not have any rules like that. The POS Roundtable is a membership event and we can make up the rules (or lack thereof) as we see fit.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

This POS was a gift, been carrying it again this week. LF&C I spotted in Jerry’s pile one year, and he sent it to me. Sharpened up, broken blade filed smooth at top.
2C50ACA5-3CDD-4267-92B3-AEEAB96F6FA4.jpeg
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cody I think that somethings fall into the tolit that don't belong there. Congrats on a very sweet old knife. Glad she is still working. ::tu:: ::tu::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Kolvir doesn’t know anything about it either. I’m going to keep trying. It has me all curious!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Please get a tissue before you continue reading this heart warming tale................I'll wait.

Ok. Here's the deal......DownTheRabbitHole drew my name for this POS exchange and immediately went into the witness protection program (I assume) never to be seen or heard from again. I was left standing by my mailbox day after day heart stricken that no flotsam or jetsam had come my way. I'm not ashamed to say I got a little teary eyed as I faced the abandonment and rejection that I inescapably felt. My heart was heavy as I wondered why, oh why had I been forsaken this way.

Alas, little did I know that a hero was out there just waiting to come to my rescue. When he learned of my sad plight, my ole buddy Dale (aka Orvet) jumped into action scraping up some real turds and shipping them to me Priority Mail ! His emergency aid arrived yesterday, washing away the sense of despair that had so overwhelmed me. My heart leapt with joy as I unboxed his thoughtful care package. Inside I found a fresh supply of (and I'm using this term loosely) cutlery. After I carefully examined each one I realized that some were sinkers and some were floaters (can anyone explain why some sink and some float ?) but all of them were gifts from the heart. Included with this an invitation to take an all expense paid, by me, trip across the country to attend the upcoming Oregon Knife Show. I was touched. ::tear:: Not only did Dale do all this, but he also thoughtfully included a several days supply of toilet paper which will come in handy if this snow continues much longer.

Please view the attached photos to see what my knight in shining armor blessed me with.

Thank you Dale for not leaving me to suffer all alone. :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_6700.JPG
IMG_6695.JPG
IMG_6696.JPG
IMG_6697.JPG
IMG_6698.JPG
IMG_6699.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I'm glad you received them in good order and with such grace Phil.

Since I mailed those off my neighbors have become much more friendly and have stopped their nightly routine of mumbling chants outside my house at midnight while carrying torches and pitchforks. ::shrug:: I live in a strange neighborhood. ::uc::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Dale, you unloaded that crap in the name of friendship. You should be ashamed of yourself. Sorry Phil. I feel for ya buddy.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
petesknives

Post by petesknives »

Super nice orvet ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: , now all of us received our POS.
"Buy more ammo!" Johnnie Fain RIP

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Hunter S. Thompson. RIP
Bfeldman

Post by Bfeldman »

I may be late to the potty but I’ve got a big old pile to share. Broken blades, missing blades, cracked scales, oh my!
A87B47FB-7D9B-4F3C-B52A-F8097B9831BD.jpeg
There were a few pieces of corn in with the mess, a Camillus Barlow, a PAL that has had the main blade reworked and an unnamed two blade thing.
567FA47C-0096-4441-A5DF-EA6E3918F858.jpeg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Dang. And I thought you had cleaned out the head and sent all your shirt to me. You must be rich and have a two holer. :lol:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Checks every box bfeldman. Potty time it is. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tounge::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Bfeldman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:51 pm I may be late to the potty but I’ve got a big old pile to share. Broken blades, missing blades, cracked scales, oh my! A87B47FB-7D9B-4F3C-B52A-F8097B9831BD.jpeg

There were a few pieces of corn in with the mess, a Camillus Barlow, a PAL that has had the main blade reworked and an unnamed two blade thing.
567FA47C-0096-4441-A5DF-EA6E3918F858.jpeg
You got a PAL?! You lucky thing! All PALs are pals of mine!
Is it PAL Blade or Pal Brand?
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Based on the posts in this thread, there are 7 folks who ether haven't received their POS package yet or have received it and didn't post here. (There were 38 total entrants). I have full confidence that most of those 7 folks will receive their POS shortly!
I know of one person who wanted to be in the POS but never responded once I sent them the address information (they never answered the IM).
Its a group participation event that for the most part works very well and is alot of fun. But if you're the one who sends out a bunch of knives and gets nothing in return, it's probably much less fun ::td:: .
We may want to require a minimum post count or some other item for inclusion in the next POS drawing.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:46 pm Dale, you unloaded that crap in the name of friendship. You should be ashamed of yourself. Sorry Phil. I feel for ya buddy.
It is a POS exchange.. I thought I followed the spirit of the roundtable. ::shrug::

Besides I sent one of my EDCs, a very sharp Imperial.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Actually there were at least four "keepers" in that pile. That single blade Imperial jumped straight out of the bag and into my pocket. There was also a nice Imperial Scout knife and a cool little Catt. pen knife with manicure blade, and a nice little Gerber lockback that would make a great little key chain knife. Some of the others were a bit more in the "sinker" category but all in all I was pleased. Because of the high cost of shipping to Canada I held back a few I would have liked to sent to Scale Military, so with those and the surplus items from Dale, I'm loaded for bear when the next exchange rolls around.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “General Knife Discussion”