You really shouldn't use your knife for this, but you do...what is it?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Lansky1

Re: You really shouldn't use your knife for this, but you do...what is it?

Post by Lansky1 »

Colonel26 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:25 am Since we’ve delved into the topic of files here, this gives you all the information you ever wanted to know about the different files and their uses.

https://www.crescenttool.com/MagentoSha ... g-2014.pdf
alot of good stuff there Colonel (I learned alot about files) ... thx for posting. ::handshake::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

::tu::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

EDITED, for everyone. Skip the writing and just look at the picture. It's mud...not poo!

My wife (the sew-aholic) made me a "dog training vest", for my daily dog walks. It holds treats, leash, phone; etc. I had her sew a specific pocket, just for this cheap lock-back Pakistan (110 wanna-be). I still have my other edc's on me...but the primary purpose of it, is to take care of the buildup, on the shoes, before getting back in the car...
IMG_1955.jpg
IMG_1959.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Doc B wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 pm My wife (the sew-aholic) made me a "dog training vest", for my daily dog walks. It holds treats, leash, phone; etc. I had her sew a specific pocket, just for this cheap lock-back Pakistan (110 wanna-be). I still have my other edc's on me...but the primary purpose of it, is to take care of the buildup, on the shoes, before getting back in the car...IMG_1955.jpgIMG_1959.jpg
OMG-too much information!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 pm
Doc B wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 pm My wife (the sew-aholic) made me a "dog training vest", for my daily dog walks. It holds treats, leash, phone; etc. I had her sew a specific pocket, just for this cheap lock-back Pakistan (110 wanna-be). I still have my other edc's on me...but the primary purpose of it, is to take care of the buildup, on the shoes, before getting back in the car...IMG_1955.jpgIMG_1959.jpg
OMG-too much information!!
Edited, for future readers 8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

What is 'special' about the 'special pocket' for dog doo knife ? lined with plastic ? or disposable plastic bags so you don't have to clean them ? or ??
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Doc B wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 pm EDITED, for OC. Skip the writing and just look at the picture.

My wife (the sew-aholic) made me a "dog training vest", for my daily dog walks. It holds treats, leash, phone; etc. I had her sew a specific pocket, just for this cheap lock-back Pakistan (110 wanna-be). I still have my other edc's on me...but the primary purpose of it, is to take care of the buildup, on the shoes, before getting back in the car...IMG_1955.jpgIMG_1959.jpg
Doc do you live in the black land prairie part of Texas. I know around here after a rain that old black mud cakes up on your shoes. A sandy land liver could never understand. ::handshake::
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 am What is 'special' about the 'special pocket' for dog doo knife ? lined with plastic ? or disposable plastic bags so you don't have to clean them ? or ??
kj
Ha! I guess my post wasn't very clear. I'm cleaning mud off the shoes. It rained yesterday and I frequently encounter mud, that sticks to them. I'm able to avoid the dog poo. Basically, I have a dedicated "mud knife".
IMG_1962.jpg
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

doglegg wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:15 am
Doc B wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 pm EDITED, for OC. Skip the writing and just look at the picture.

My wife (the sew-aholic) made me a "dog training vest", for my daily dog walks. It holds treats, leash, phone; etc. I had her sew a specific pocket, just for this cheap lock-back Pakistan (110 wanna-be). I still have my other edc's on me...but the primary purpose of it, is to take care of the buildup, on the shoes, before getting back in the car...IMG_1955.jpgIMG_1959.jpg
Doc do you live in the black land prairie part of Texas. I know around here after a rain that old black mud cakes up on your shoes. A sandy land liver could never understand. ::handshake::
Doglegg, not really the black dirt prairie land. We are in the rocky, "Hill Country". A lot of live oak trees. I have a 1 1/2 mile trail, through a nature preserve, about 5 minutes away. I walk / train the new pup, nearly every day. On damp mornings, there is enough mud...and I've been making a real mess, in the car. Hence, better to scrape mud, with the Pakistan knife; rather than my newest GEC.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Thank you so much for the clarification, Doc! I was eating when I first saw the post.
Had to stop for a moment...
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

::rotflol::...and sorry for the dinner image, Rev!
Reverand wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:31 am Thank you so much for the clarification, Doc! I was eating when I first saw the post.
Had to stop for a moment...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K., so a knife pouch sewn on the outside of a pocket but underneath the pocket flap. Good idea, keeps the knife handy and isolated from pocket contents.
kj
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:42 am O.K., so a knife pouch sewn on the outside of a pocket but underneath the pocket flap. Good idea, keeps the knife handy and isolated from pocket contents.
kj
Actually, it's it's own designated pocket, KJ. It's not attached to another pocket. She just added to my vest. With a designated mud knife...I don't worry about cleaning every little bit of mud off, every day.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Used my rough rider to open my social sec. notice. Don't know what I'm going to spend the 1.6% COL on! Might buy a 12 pack or a hamburger. LOL ::tu:: Knife worked though.
Attachments
DSC_0243.JPG
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”