Pickle Fork Knife???

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Pickle Fork Knife???

Post by 1967redrider »

Been meaning to post a picture of this knife, a similar giveaway knife posted today jogged my memory. I figured this was a cigar fork, but could it be a pickle fork? Bonsa Solingen Germany stamped melon tester blade, around 5 1/2" closed, faux ivory scales. Didn't try to Google or translate the German inked on the mark scale. Whatizzit???
Attachments
IMG_20191013_141652392.jpg
IMG_20191013_141709117.jpg
IMG_20191013_141727611.jpg
IMG_20191013_141745941.jpg
IMG_20191013_141806960.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Steve Warden

Re: Pickle Fork Knife???

Post by Steve Warden »

Why wouldn't you use the fork to stick the pieces of melon you just cut with the knife? A melon fork.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Could be used to pick up pickles but more likely to pick up pieces of sausage or melon.I have one made in Germany with three blades including a fork.
Attachments
MelonTesters2018 011.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sounds good to me, thanks gentlemen. ::handshake::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It's a sausage knife. For slicing "hard sausage" and sampling it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:45 pm It's a sausage knife. For slicing "hard sausage" and sampling it.

Ken
::tu:: ::tu::
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

BTW regarding your question about translation the inscription on the OP knife, verbürgt qualität is indeed German. Translates to "guaranteed quality" or more literally "verified quality". JOHA is a brand name.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I missed out on the giveaway. Olives, sausage, pickles, whatever, all good. When I was a kid on the farm, at lunch time my Dad and I would have our food in one of those old black tin lunch boxes. There was often a banana in there which made the whole works stink in the summer weather, and a hideous white WonderBread sandwich with peanut butter and grape jelly about 1/16 of an inch thick, and a can of Vienna sausages (the scum off the top of some rendering plant vat?) There are 7 sausages in one of those cans, and Dad always insisted I take the extra sausage. LOL.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Brings back memories Cal. I had many lunches with my Dad, especially when hunting or fishing - Vienna sausages and crackers, sardines and crackers, potted meat ::woot:: and crackers, and so on. If it was light weight and non-perishable we probably ate it. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Agree with "Sausage Knife". I have seen them with appropriate advertising.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks guys, and Ken for the translation. ::tu:: ::tu::

petesknives

Post by petesknives »

I have not seen alot of these with the fork on the blade. Very interesting. I have a few testers. The one with two blades and the fork is really neat.
Attachments
20190420_090250.jpg
"Buy more ammo!" Johnnie Fain RIP

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Hunter S. Thompson. RIP
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

That is a cool knife. That blade should be perfect for slicing Vienna sausage since it is so soft. Like Tongueriver, my Dad and I would eat Vienna sausages for lunch, though for us it was when we were fishing. That fork knife would have been great to have for that ...

Looks good for sardines too. I like Brisling sardines but I like to cut then in pieces to lay them on crackers. That knife looks good for that too.
Mel
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Dinadan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:05 pm That is a cool knife. That blade should be perfect for slicing Vienna sausage since it is so soft. Like Tongueriver, my Dad and I would eat Vienna sausages for lunch, though for us it was when we were fishing. That fork knife would have been great to have for that ...

Looks good for sardines too. I like Brisling sardines but I like to cut then in pieces to lay them on crackers. That knife looks good for that too.
Great idea! I love sardines on saltines too but my fianceé can't stand to smell them. I might have to try that knife out when I crack open my next can. :mrgreen:

That serrated blade would be good for cutting a slice of bread.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”