Looking for Knife Collection Software (Free)

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Brumbydownunder

Looking for Knife Collection Software (Free)

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Knife Collection Software? I'm looking for a simple way to keep track of my collection and get it cataloged in some way.
Any recommendations for an easy to use free software program?

All I want is the ability for a couple of photos and a brief description of each knife. And maybe an index system of some sort.

Appreciate any suggestions

Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
cody6268

Re: Looking for Knife Collection Software (Free)

Post by cody6268 »

Google Spreadsheet? It's a lot like Excel, but you don't have to pay out the nose. The only reason I use Excel is that I had to have the entire Office suite or college work. Especially when now, you don't own the software; just the license to "use" it.
Brumbydownunder

cody6268 wrote:Google Spreadsheet? It's a lot like Excel, but you don't have to pay out the nose. The only reason I use Excel is that I had to have the entire Office suite or college work. Especially when now, you don't own the software; just the license to "use" it.
Thanks I'll check it out .... I wasn't aware you could add photos to those sorts of programs
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Derek, I use Excel. There are some good on-line tutorials on how to do imbed pictures in cells. Of course, it’s not free software, but many computers come with it. It works pretty well if you have it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

I use a free app called “Home Contents” from the iPad app store. It allows me to create a collection of my choosing such as “Pocket Knives” and a variety of catagories within each collection. Photos are easily added. I am not sure of its other features.
Attachments
89F53832-4B77-4FE1-AABA-B44C0AFF2BE0.png
FAC11881-A71F-4F48-8E7B-BE1A8497B6B5.png
EB7F42EB-9C3F-407E-9B46-B4BC74A8C63A.png
Empty vessels make the most noise...
Brumbydownunder

Thanks for your replies everyone I haven't used excel for years and it used to mess with my head at the best of times - now my head is older (and foggy-er) I doubt I'd have the patience
Anyways It's academic because it's not on my new computer and I just don't have the use these days for the MS office suite .... especially now it's on the annual licence system.

MT-vessels..... going to have a look at that .... seems to be what I am after ::tu:: ... simple & not a lot of formatting etc
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Documents To Go Pro is what I have used for years.

It can be loaded to your PC and to a smart phone. It can be a bit of a chore to get the programs married at first, but once accomplished, they work perfectly well together.

Make changes, deletions, additions on the phone while you are away from home at a knife show or buying trip and when you synch the phone to the PC after returning home, the changes are automatically made there, as well.

https://www.dataviz.com/docs-to-go

One uses the spreadsheet to create their own collecting database, naming the columns and filling in the lines is labor intensive.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Brumbydownunder

Thanks Charlie... My only need is for a PC based program ... but I will check it out.
Unkei

Post by Unkei »

I just use OneNote from Microsoft. Free, allows photos, markup etc.
Cheers,
Unkei
“LIFE IS A SCHOOL...STUDY HARD...THE FINAL EXAM IS COMPREHENSIVE AND COUNTS FOR 100% OF YOUR GRADE!”
UNKEI
Brumbydownunder

Unkei wrote:I just use OneNote from Microsoft. Free, allows photos, markup etc.
Cheers,
Unkei
Thanks Unkei I'll give it a look Derek
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

I have older PC's, and use Microsoft word. Just give a number and the data. Knife pictures are in a photo folder. So you can add the image numbers to each item. I have some fixed blades on Excel but never tried to add-import images. I also have open office. Don't care for it because the dictionary is not very good. Google has free apps as does my Amazon tablets. Usually compatible with each other. Thank goodness for spell check!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”